Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vasyl Lomachenko v Devin Haney

Vasyl Lomachenko and Devin Haney exchange words on social media after Bob Arum says he would welcome fight

Vasyl Lomachenko and Devin Haney have gone back and forth on social media after Loma’s promoter Bob Arum welcomed a potential fight between them.

The Ukrainian was dethroned of his lightweight titles by Teofimo Lopez last year, but is not looking for an easy comeback bout.

Masayoshi Nakatani was previously suggested by Arum for Lomachenko’s return, though he’s also said they would consider a future meeting with Haney.

Arum told Barbershop Conversations: “Loma vs Haney? That’s a fight we would certainly consider.

“That’d be a really good fight. There’s a lot of good fights for Loma…

“Loma can fight maybe Ryan Garcia. Or, if he wants to go down, maybe Oscar Valdez is a great match for Loma.”

Back in 2019, Haney became WBC ‘interim’ lightweight champion and mandatory challenger for Lomachenko.

However, just when he was about to get his shot, Loma was upgraded to WBC ‘franchise’ champion – meaning Haney became the standard world champion by default.

Lomachenko instead fought Teofimo and was upset by unanimous decision, while Haney has been criticised for not winning his belt from a champion.

Haney tweeted on Sunday night: “Where tf is Loma at!?!?!?”

o which Lomachenko replied: “I’m here! I’m waiting for you cowards to decide on a real fight, and not on a Twitter fight.”

Haney then quote-tweeted this and referenced Lomachenko’s slow start against Teofimo by saying: “Waiting is not your best bet. I would think you learned that from the Teo fight.”

And Loma responded: “Waiting is your favourite action, because you still haven’t fought with anyone.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/8...-social-media/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko v Devin Haney

They both want it, but the cancer of boxing (arum) is all that's standing in between them.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wish these guys would leave the Twatter disputes to the teenage girls . But Loma is right. Haney seems especially fond of talking the loudest but Teofimo isn't far behind post Loma W. Arum basically concedes Teo's 1st title defense to Triller so it's likely Teofimo will be the co main to some circus "fight".

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arum's dirt politics makes me appreciate Con King all the more. His downfall/beef was never with fans, but his fighters. Without them telling us, King in Arum's spot today? Loma vs Haney would not only get made, but the undercard would've been dynamite as well.

I still say King had the most stacked cards. Fights were often made. I truly think Loma would've had several more scalps.

As far as DAZN, GBP, sanctioning bodies, new divisions & belts poppin up all the time I just don't know where the corruption begins or ends.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not rate Haney to be honest.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Great potential, but need to see him execute it against better opposition, I concur.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Wish these guys would leave the Twatter disputes to the teenage girls . But Loma is right. Haney seems especially fond of talking the loudest but Teofimo isn't far behind post Loma W. Arum basically concedes Teo's 1st title defense to Triller so it's likely Teofimo will be the co main to some circus "fight".
    Never been a fan of this shit, but promoters, TV stations and seemingly the social media boxing fans lap it up. All about "selling" a fight, sparking interest but I think it's pretty embarrassing most of the time. Just do you fighting in the ring. Manny and Canelo never had to do any shit talk, they got their status and fanbase on what they did in the ring.
    I even avoid the nonesense of press conferences and any kind of head-to-head shows/documentaries in the fight build ups. All cringeworthy to me.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Great potential, but need to see him execute it against better opposition, I concur.
    He is obviously good at everything he can do , but I don't see the X factor , not great power , or speed, he is good but nothing special.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He’s right talking ish on Twitter while saying their cowards for talking ish on Twitter and Haney needs to fight someone but he won’t fight Haney. Madness

Let’s get this all quite clear, Loma REQUESTED a protection belt to not fight his mandatory, Haney. Teo is acting like a protection belt is a real belt, acting like he’s undisputed but refusing the fight that would make him undisputed. And Garcia is refusing his mandatory position.

This is all very simple, fight Haney or kindly STFU because you are pathetic. That goes for all 3 of those pathetic BSers. 14-2 included

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At some point you people need to stop blaming promoters and networks and blame yourselves. Until you fault the people that do this nonsense they will continue to do it.

Loma ducked him, call it how it is. Teo is ducking him, call it how it is, Garcia is ducking him, call it how it is. Until you folks quit with the crap “I like him so I’ll back him” this is what you get.

Boxing gets right when fans are honest

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    He’s right talking ish on Twitter while saying their cowards for talking ish on Twitter and Haney needs to fight someone but he won’t fight Haney. Madness

Let’s get this all quite clear, Loma REQUESTED a protection belt to not fight his mandatory, Haney. Teo is acting like a protection belt is a real belt, acting like he’s undisputed but refusing the fight that would make him undisputed. And Garcia is refusing his mandatory position.

This is all very simple, fight Haney or kindly STFU because you are pathetic. That goes for all 3 of those pathetic BSers. 14-2 included
    Seems more like he's responding to shat as Haney screams more than a spiteful ex. If you think I'm a Loma or Garcia defender you have the wrong guy but he's right about Haney having not fought anyone. Title or not, get them scalps, make a statement and then do your barking. If Haney wants to hang his hat on coasting with a 40 yr old Gamboa well so be it. The kid has tremendous potential and solid skill but you can't have your pudding if you don't eat your meat. He's trying to have it backwards. Funny you don't rail on the crooked con men in the alphabet belt syndicates inventing these trinkets and greasy Bob but frankly between a WbC Sulliedman and Loma, I'll believe the fighter who went the route of unifying the division v a proven threat just as formidable as Haney in Teofimo. He lost, been known to happen. Now we wait while they fight twatter wars.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

official for may twentieth
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love the poster!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

card could look like this
    junto nakatani v andrew moloney for the vacant wbo super flyweight title
    raymond muratalla v jeremia nakathila
    oscar valdez v adam lopez in a rematch
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information