Vasyl Lomachenko and Devin Haney exchange words on social media after Bob Arum says he would welcome fight

Vasyl Lomachenko and Devin Haney have gone back and forth on social media after Loma’s promoter Bob Arum welcomed a potential fight between them.

The Ukrainian was dethroned of his lightweight titles by Teofimo Lopez last year, but is not looking for an easy comeback bout.

Masayoshi Nakatani was previously suggested by Arum for Lomachenko’s return, though he’s also said they would consider a future meeting with Haney.

Arum told Barbershop Conversations: “Loma vs Haney? That’s a fight we would certainly consider.

“That’d be a really good fight. There’s a lot of good fights for Loma…

“Loma can fight maybe Ryan Garcia. Or, if he wants to go down, maybe Oscar Valdez is a great match for Loma.”

Back in 2019, Haney became WBC ‘interim’ lightweight champion and mandatory challenger for Lomachenko.

However, just when he was about to get his shot, Loma was upgraded to WBC ‘franchise’ champion – meaning Haney became the standard world champion by default.

Lomachenko instead fought Teofimo and was upset by unanimous decision, while Haney has been criticised for not winning his belt from a champion.

Haney tweeted on Sunday night: “Where tf is Loma at!?!?!?”

o which Lomachenko replied: “I’m here! I’m waiting for you cowards to decide on a real fight, and not on a Twitter fight.”

Haney then quote-tweeted this and referenced Lomachenko’s slow start against Teofimo by saying: “Waiting is not your best bet. I would think you learned that from the Teo fight.”

And Loma responded: “Waiting is your favourite action, because you still haven’t fought with anyone.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/8...-social-media/