Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko v Devin Haney

That'll teach lomachenko for standing their quietly....who does he think he is!.

Haney is quite a bit bigger and longer, going to be a bad night lomachenko.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The money's on Haney, obviously. But I wouldn't be too upset if Loma shocked the world.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“Now he’s mine,” Lomachenko told ESPN’s Mark Kriegel immediately after the incident. “He don’t have the power.”
    Haney uncharacteristically lost his composure after their ceremonial weigh-in at MGM Grand Garden Arena and pushed Lomachenko with two hands to his opponent’s chest. Lomachenko seemed to simply stare at Haney during their faceoff and didn’t say anything to antagonize Haney.

The taller, younger champion surprisingly pushed him, which Lomachenko took to mean that Haney is very nervous as their ESPN Pay-Per-View main event nears.
    “Because he’s scared,” Lomachenko said. “He’s scared. Because I see right now. I see right now and a hundred percent [he’s scared].”

https://www.boxingscene.com/lomachen...scared--174734

I think we all know what it means, whenever someone tries to start the intimidation games early... Haney's expending extra energy without even realizing it at this point and all the way up to the fight.... young man's mistake

They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weigh in dust up was all in the script. A 20 second convo on a live mic would have been more challenging for both . Really surprised Loma didn't fly further than he did. Haney is trying to hard but he's also been labeled a third rung at 135 if we're honest. 140 inbound either way.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't think I can be staying up till 5am but I am looking forward to watching 'as live' later on Sunday morning. Been a while since I looked forward to a fight so much.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Don't think I can be staying up till 5am but I am looking forward to watching 'as live' later on Sunday morning. Been a while since I looked forward to a fight so much.
    I will get up to watch this. Love the build up and hype for this fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I will get up to watch this. Love the build up and hype for this fight.

I might...

May the best man win, this could be a classic. Haney has the potential but I don't see him adjusting as well if it doesn't go according to the game plan. Loma is not going to just allow him to dictate things and needs to put his foot on the pedal early to make that clear. That push is as much nerves as promotion and Loma will love the opportunity to pick apart Haney if comes in fired up fighting from his belly rather than his head. Can see a few pendulum swings in this one with at least one of them having to get off the seat of their pants to reset. Haney may be lighter at weigh-in but Loma is not going to put on much and come fight night Haney will be the bigger man. Lets hope they are allowed to fight on the inside but not turn into a hugfest. Bring it on.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hoping we get a Loma who is close to 100%. If Loma is on and starts aggressively, I can see him winning a tough fight. Devin is big/long, young, and a great boxer, but I feel like Loma has more dimensions. Teo was a much more explosive puncher and eked out the win more for what Loma didn’t do (start fighting before round 6) than anything Teo did. I feel like that fight is misleading, and the lack of power from Devin means Loma will have an easier style match up. Really looking forward to this fight.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma didn’t do because of what Teo did do. Teo sat waiting for Loma to reach and counter him hard right up the middle, this kept Loma from being able to get into all that dancing you can only do if you can stall the opponent. And when Loma would cross step or rhythm step Teo took advantage of the wrong footing to get off combinations

The idea Loma just didn’t do more for no reason is simply not reflective of the action. Teo fought the smarter fight, which is surprising but really undeniable.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Be very interested in the same night "unofficial" weights but haven't really seen that much since HBO closed shop.

2-hour undercard being aired on regular ESPN also.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve changed my mind. Loma will win. I can see it being similar 2 the PAC Vs Thurman fight. We’re ppl are probably overrating Haney, who like Thurman had an ‘0’ on his record and overlooking Loma’s resume as they did PAC’s.

It will be very difficult for Haney to beat Loma in a chess match n that’s what it will b, a chess match. Teo beat Loma coz Loma was cautious about his power n let Teo build up a lead he could not close.

I’m really looking forward to this fight FAR more than I was for the Tank Vs Garcia fight

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Loma didn’t do because of what Teo did do. Teo sat waiting for Loma to reach and counter him hard right up the middle, this kept Loma from being able to get into all that dancing you can only do if you can stall the opponent. And when Loma would cross step or rhythm step Teo took advantage of the wrong footing to get off combinations

The idea Loma just didn’t do more for no reason is simply not reflective of the action. Teo fought the smarter fight, which is surprising but really undeniable.
    Good posting Mr Swanson, if possible you should make posts like @Yuzo does with the gifs, I have no idea where he gets them from so maybe that's not possible. These gifs and explanations help us monkeys understand the more complicated parts of boxing better.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    I’ve changed my mind. Loma will win. I can see it being similar 2 the PAC Vs Thurman fight. We’re ppl are probably overrating Haney, who like Thurman had an ‘0’ on his record and overlooking Loma’s resume as they did PAC’s.

It will be very difficult for Haney to beat Loma in a chess match n that’s what it will b, a chess match. Teo beat Loma coz Loma was cautious about his power n let Teo build up a lead he could not close.

I’m really looking forward to this fight FAR more than I was for the Tank Vs Garcia fight
    That's bold. See change is possible . Think it's all on the shoulders of Haney. Right about Teo, he's a lot of things but he will commit to and has natural power. I still don't know what kind of dog Haney has in him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This can potentially be a very short undercard. Get ready for some studio-interview mic stretching. This fight did build rather nicely, all fully exposed.

Thread Information