Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko v Devin Haney

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Nope. That's terrible. So you cannot control the front foot or the back foot and hurt multi in between...but you win. Loma got robbed. And I don't use the term often

The crowd agrees with you.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma classy. Holding his tongue twice when pressed to give his impression on the decision. The crowd knows who really won the fight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shakur Stevenson says Loma won.

Loma threw more punches, more effective punches and won more rounds.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watching Haney walk to the dressing room, you can tell that he doubts his win.

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was a helluva fight. Haney really stepped it up and responded to the occasion but I still think he did not do enough to have been given the nod. He hung in there with Loma and made some great adjustments but he couldn't unlock that door, and you should not be rewarded for just knocking on it. Very close and competitive for big swathes of it, but when Loma won his rounds he put a full stop on them. Haney has time on his side but Loma will feel much more than fatigued and bruised right now. Classy decision not to go on about it but he would be absolutely justified in feeling a bit short changed right now when he did everything and more that was asked of him. Modern Classic? Not sure but best fight i have seen for a while now.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lost tribes in the Peruvian jungle knew that if this fight went the distance Loma doesn't stand a chance. The judges in Vegas do it again and we the boxing fans have to bend over and cop it once more. It's quite obvious they don't want a 35-year-old becoming undisputed champion and they made quite sure it didn't happen.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight that was very close. I can’t call the decision a robbery, but I had Loma winning a close fight. Both boxed great, but Loma controlled more of the fight, was the aggressor, and landed the better shots in my opinion. Haney seemed to be exhausted by round 10, but they both fought at a very high level. Great fight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing fans were all asking the same question after reading the Devin Haney vs Vasyl Lomachenko scorecards at the end of their fight.

America's undisputed lightweight world champion retained his WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO belts with a narrow unanimous decision victory over his Ukrainian challenger on Saturday night in Las Vegas.

The judges' scorecards divided opinion at the end of the close and highly competitive contest, with some fans branding it a 'robbery'.

The fight was a magnificent, high quality affair with several close rounds.

There were a series of momentum shifts as both Haney and Lomachenko adjusted at different stages in the contest and utilised their elite boxing IQs to consistently make things competitive.

Haney controlled a fair few of the middle rounds, but in the latter stages, particularly rounds 10 and 11, Loma appeared very much on top as he had the American hurt.

When the final bell rang it was unclear who had emerged victorious - the judges scored it 116-112, 115-113, 115-113 for Haney, who was then booed in his post-fight interview.

The full official judges' scorecards have now been revealed and caused uproar.

Judge Dave Moretti, who scored it the widest 116-112, thought that Haney won round ten - arguably Loma's most dominant of the bout.

One fan wrote: "Moretti gave the 10th round to Haney? WHAT?"

A second said: "He battered Haney in the 10th, how did one judge give to Haney?"

A third fan put: "Moretti gave the 10th to Haney? Oh my Lord!"

While another wrote: "Moretti giving the 10th to Haney is wild."

A fifth fan concluded: "That Moretti card is a travesty."

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...total-outrage/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Straight up bullshit from the city of corruption.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is why you should watch fights with sound down.

Haney won the fight. And I have 2 bring race into it. Says something when the blk fighter in his own bkyard is getting booed b4, during n after the fight against a white guy who is not even American.

The dk riding and white ass kissin of Loma from Andre Ward n Tim Bradley n other commentator was incredible. The worship of the white fighter from the crowd. You’d think you was at a Klan rally.

A disgraceful spectacle anti black hatred. As I say watch the fight with sound down n you’ll c Haney won the fight.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post

Haney won the fight. And I have 2 bring race into it. Says something when the blk fighter in his own bkyard is getting booed b4, during n after the fight against a white guy who is not even American.

The dk riding and white ass kissin of Loma from Andre Ward n Tim Bradley n other commentator was incredible. The worship of the white fighter from the crowd. You’d think you was at a Klan rally.

A disgraceful spectacle anti black hatred. As I say watch the fight with sound down n you’ll c Haney won the fight.
    Perhaps we shouldn’t stop at putting the sound down. Perhaps we should turn off the contrast and brightness? That way we wouldn’t know if one guy is black and the other white. What do you think? Smfh.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just watched and I have to say it's a different experience watching a fight sober. I had Lomachenko winning but a lot of rounds were close. Having said that, the judge who gave Haney the tenth, oh dear. There's no way that three qualified people all give the loser the win without it being a done deal beforehand.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Loma didn’t do because of what Teo did do. Teo sat waiting for Loma to reach and counter him hard right up the middle, this kept Loma from being able to get into all that dancing you can only do if you can stall the opponent. And when Loma would cross step or rhythm step Teo took advantage of the wrong footing to get off combinations

The idea Loma just didn’t do more for no reason is simply not reflective of the action. Teo fought the smarter fight, which is surprising but really undeniable.
    Good posting Mr Swanson, if possible you should make posts like @Yuzo does with the gifs, I have no idea where he gets them from so maybe that's not possible. These gifs and explanations help us monkeys understand the more complicated parts of boxing better.
    you guys can make a lot of gifs with gifcam.

https://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post

Perhaps we shouldn’t stop at putting the sound down. Perhaps we should turn off the contrast and brightness? That way we wouldn’t know if one guy is black and the other white. What do you think? Smfh.

Fukking A!!

Perfect response.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We can all debate about Loma-Haney all day long. It was a close fight... it was a good fight... and it more than lived up to the hype. Most of us had Loma winning (I had it 7-5)... but it wasn't a landslide either way.

But what impresses me most about Loma is this...

Now, I wasn't a huge Loma fan before the fight. I am now. This guy was baited not once, but twice, by the interviewer after the fight. But Loma refused to take the bait. He answered in the classiest way possible... when everyone and their brother knew that Loma felt in his heart that he won the fight.

Once in his dressing room... he drops his guard and his emotions get the better of him. Clearly frustrated, at the feeling of having a victory taken away from him.

I'll go into my song and dance again.

Championship boxing matches are too important... too much rides on them... for them to be left in the hands of incompetent (and/or corrupt) judges. We complain and complain... but nothing gets done. Which is why boxing will continue losing fans on a daily basis. When oh when is someone in power going to take this issue seriously, and put some reforms or measures in place.

Other sports adapt and change as the need arises. Boxing just sits there... held hostage by corrupt officials and organizations... and doesn't do shit.

This needs to change.

Thread Information