Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko v Devin Haney

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    So much is being made of size difference understandably. Both are clearly facing different directions with point in careers. But I cannot get away from a big picture, just don't know the actual depth of Haney based on a George Kambosos. Just how aggressive is Haney going to level up and commit to some power work. It'll take it to neutralize the tighter quicker footwork of Loma up close. I think Lomas best chance is using that squat stance and can actually get a lot done on the inside. Can't see this being a jousting contest. Whole different fight if Haney commits to getting physical, shoulder blocks twist clinching etc. That's the size difference..
    For me it’s all about if Haney can force Loma to keep resetting. I don’t think anyone in the sport uses more false steps than Loma. I’m watching Loma vs Campbell right now and just out of curiosity I counted his cross steps in the 5th round. 35! That’s 35 occasions which he can’t attack and can be forced to reset. That isn’t even considering how often he rhythm steps, which is even more often. If Haney can keep him resetting on all his false steps the fight is easy. But does Haney have that much skill? He has the speed of hand and foot, so it’s really just a question of skill. They were really smart about generally putting Loma against guys with slow feet to exaggerate Loma. (I don’t say this to bash, just more as a matter of fact. It’s 78 degrees outside and they matched Loma well,,,,, while hard) I have my doubts about Haney but Saturday night he could lift a lot of them.

Edit-and the size, Loma fought Campbell, bigger, Nakatani, bigger, Lopez, bigger. Never mentioned it before, it’s a bad look to mention it now

Edit 2-I think Loma has gotten away with many bad habits by being so damn good. You would never teach someone to fight like Ali, or Roy Jones, the greats get away with doing the wrong things. Switched up to Loma vs Teo, still the same thing, loads of false steps. He takes less false steps when he gets aggressive but he can be taken out of his aggression if he’s uncomfortable preparing for it. Drop the hammer when his feet are wrong, it’s often

Into 3rd round of Teo/Loma and Loma just rhythm stepped and Teo charged getting off a combination. Teo saw it, and again Loma rhythm stepped at the ropes and Teo got off a combination.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 05-15-2023 at 02:50 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    So much is being made of size difference understandably. Both are clearly facing different directions with point in careers. But I cannot get away from a big picture, just don't know the actual depth of Haney based on a George Kambosos. Just how aggressive is Haney going to level up and commit to some power work. It'll take it to neutralize the tighter quicker footwork of Loma up close. I think Lomas best chance is using that squat stance and can actually get a lot done on the inside. Can't see this being a jousting contest. Whole different fight if Haney commits to getting physical, shoulder blocks twist clinching etc. That's the size difference..
    For me it’s all about if Haney can force Loma to keep resetting. I don’t think anyone in the sport uses more false steps than Loma. I’m watching Loma vs Campbell right now and just out of curiosity I counted his cross steps in the 5th round. 35! That’s 35 occasions which he can’t attack and can be forced to reset. That isn’t even considering how often he rhythm steps, which is even more often. If Haney can keep him resetting on all his false steps the fight is easy. But does Haney have that much skill? He has the speed of hand and foot, so it’s really just a question of skill. They were really smart about generally putting Loma against guys with slow feet to exaggerate Loma. (I don’t say this to bash, just more as a matter of fact. It’s 78 degrees outside and they matched Loma well,,,,, while hard) I have my doubts about Haney but Saturday night he could lift a lot of them.

Edit-and the size, Loma fought Campbell, bigger, Nakatani, bigger, Lopez, bigger. Never mentioned it before, it’s a bad look to mention it now
    Seems to be the immediate go-to for many picking Haney. Bigger is great. But what are you doing with and it effects both he and Loma down the stretch. To keep Loma resetting...who's mentality/ aggression is also up for question if we recap the early Teo rounds...think he's going need to play the pressure. Love to see that switch rather than jabbing down the middle too often. Loma does get too cute, gets happy feet operating angles and spinning out. Basically I think if Haney can be the bully..fight his size..he makes it much easier. At some point Loma just looks to wrap around guys inside like a Boa constrictor. Haney pushes him on his heels Loma is in deep. Warmed to this fight really. Never been big on either one as a fan but let's have at it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Black fighters are cleaning house.

First Tank squashed Ryan Garcia. Now another hyped up white fighter in Loma is gonna get beat and what will make this even better is that Loma will get schooled at his own game. Haney will out box him and make it look easy. I love it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post

First Tank squashed Ryan Garcia. Now another hyped up white fighter in Loma is gonna get beat and what will make this even better is that Loma will get schooled at his own game. Haney will out box him and make it look easy. I love it.
    I don’t even reckon you’re black? I reckon you’re like Ali G. (Is it cos I is Black?)
    The reason I say this is because you are clearly on a wind up trying to trigger other posters. Still , keep up the good work.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This might be of interest. James is a friend of mine.
    https://www.youtube.com/live/MInHf8lIsrI?feature=share

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Is this local where you're at? Have to give it a listen on a half day. I look back and regret not dedicating more time to 'live' content of some sort. Shit I still have an 800+ tape collection to covert . Basically, following-using technology to delve deeper into the sport . I remember years ago Memphis bringing up the idea of a podcast every so often but not sure anything came of it. But helluva good idea. The time and some expenses are the problem. And the damn endless job we all work .

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

I don’t even reckon you’re black? I reckon you’re like Ali G. (Is it cos I is Black?)
    The reason I say this is because you are clearly on a wind up trying to trigger other posters. Still , keep up the good work.

No way a non-black carries that torch for years (through different alts) about how everything in the universe is racist toward blacks and about white supremacy.

No way a non-black wakes up in the morning... someone says "Good morning"... and he finds a racist angle to it.

No way.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Is this local where you're at? Have to give it a listen on a half day. I look back and regret not dedicating more time to 'live' content of some sort. Shit I still have an 800+ tape collection to covert . Basically, following-using technology to delve deeper into the sport . I remember years ago Memphis bringing up the idea of a podcast every so often but not sure anything came of it. But helluva good idea. The time and some expenses are the problem. And the damn endless job we all work .

Yeah it's very long... but interesting. Couldn't listen to the whole thing... but enjoyed what I heard. Liked the talk on fighter development, complete with fundamentals, versus today's penchant for "fast-tracking" fighters to the top. Agree a thousand percent. Also the discussion on the Romero-Barroso fight. I know Gogue was giving Weeks the benefit of the doubt... but he's definitely in a very small minority. Again, I didn't watch the fight... but saw highlights, a video of the ending, and followed the action on a live RBR.

Love how they dumped on the "for-sure" coming PPV clash between Romero and Pauper Garcia. They made it abundantly clear that this whole business smells like month-old fish.

Boxing is suffering immensely. Garcia got schooled and knocked out by Tank... but still retains his groupie following and Instagram fans. Romero was gifted a shady stoppage win over Barroso. All this shit seems weirdly preordained.

Sad.

Then they moved on to the upcoming fight between Haney and Loma. We're all looking forward to that one.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Dude. I used to go on zoom calls with NoSavingBell. In fact if he saves his zoom call then you can clearly see that I'm black. As to this fight, I actually think it's 50/50 fight but gun to my head ? I think Haney will win but Loma will be the moral victor.

I can just see Haney, building up a lead and then running from Loma and stinking the place out with the crowd booing him and if he does that (and I think he will) then that'll b terrible look for Haney to be scared to go toe to toe with a guy your bigger and younger than.

But if Loma can consistently get under Haney's jab past, get close to him and turn it into a dog fight ? I would not be suprised at all if he wins.

Haney wants to be the next Floyd but he HAS TO remember (and a lotta ppl forget) that Floyd was a fkin KILLER in the ring in his 20's when he was Devin's age. He was sending guys to hosipital (Gatti, Corales etc). Most ppl only really remember Floyd's "Money Mayweather" days when he started to get older in his 30's, so was happy to cruise to UD victories
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 05-16-2023 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Devin Haney has vowed to send Vasyl Lomachenko into retirement from boxing with a win in their undisputed title fight.

“I want to beat him bad. I want to send him into retirement,” Haney said during an episode of Top Rank Blood Sweat & Tears as he previewed their undisputed meeting this weekend. “Lomachenko has never been an underdog, this is the first time. This time he’s fighting a bigger guy, a strong guy, faster guy, younger guy.

“All odds are stacked against him and on May 20 I will show the world why. Whatever he brings on fight night it won’t be enough, I’m going to make him look average, I’m going to make him look ordinary. I’m gonna embarrass him and he won’t be the same.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...a8eda20f&ei=24
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson3.0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by primo carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by denilson3.0 View Post
    black fighters are cleaning house.

First tank squashed ryan garcia. Now another hyped up white fighter in loma is gonna get beat and what will make this even better is that loma will get schooled at his own game. Haney will out box him and make it look easy. I love it.
    i don’t even reckon you’re black? I reckon you’re like ali g. (is it cos i is black?)
    the reason i say this is because you are clearly on a wind up trying to trigger other posters. Still , keep up the good work.

dude. I used to go on zoom calls with nosavingbell. In fact if he saves his zoom call then you can clearly see that i'm black. as to this fight, i actually think it's 50/50 fight but gun to my head ? I think haney will win but loma will be the moral victor.

I can just see haney, building up a lead and then running from loma and stinking the place out with the crowd booing him and if he does that (and i think he will) then that'll b terrible look for haney to be scared to go toe to toe with a guy your bigger and younger than.

But if loma can consistently get under haney's jab past, get close to him and turn it into a dog fight ? I would not be suprised at all if he wins.

Haney wants to be the next floyd but he has to remember (and a lotta ppl forget) that floyd was a fkin killer in the ring in his 20's when he was devin's age. He was sending guys to hosipital (gatti, corales etc). Most ppl only really remember floyd's "money mayweather" days when he started to get older in his 30's, so was happy to cruise to ud victories
    🎣🎣🎣😂😂😂

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

harvey dock has been selected as the ref for this fight. that's good news for loma. i was dreading someone like kenny bayless getting the gig as he would allow devin to get away with holding on the inside. so ref issue out the way. next issue is the time of the weigh in. if it's early it benefits devin as he'll have more time to rehydrate, if it's afternoon it benefits loma
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma will have to work on Haney body early to see if the weight draining has had an effect on him. Loma needs to be active and can not afford to give rounds away either.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not wishing to diss the incredible skills of Loma, I think he’s a bit long in the tooth and Haney will be skilful enough to use his undoubted size and age advantages IMO.
    I get that Haney might have rehydration issues, but he’s a seriou professional guy so I think he might have it covered.
    I like both Boxers and respect that the fight is even happening. Very refreshing in this day and age .

Thread Information