Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko v Devin Haney

I do not think it was a robbery, but what frustrates me with Loma is he admires his work too much. I felt with giving a little more he could have beaten Haney and Teofimo.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vasyl Lomachenko will appeal his controversial points decision defeat to Devin Haney and is demanding a rematch for all four of the American's lightweight titles. Former three-division world titleholder Lomachenko took on undisputed lightweight champion Haney at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Saturday night.

The 35-year-old challenger appeared to be in with a shot of walking away from the desert with the belts after a close fight went the full distance, but he was left bitterly disappointed when the judges unanimously scored the fight in Haney's favour.

But now Lomachenko's camp has decided to take matters further, such is their frustration at the result.

talkSPORT boxing editor, Michael Benson, Tweeted: "Vasyl Lomachenko's manager Egis Klimas has now sent letters to the WBA, WBC, IBF & WBO insisting that they will appeal the Devin Haney defeat and asking that they are made mandatory for all four of Haney's lightweight world titles to try and force a rematch."

Boxing fans may be enthused by the idea of Haney and Lomachenko going head-to-head in the ring once more, after such a close contest, but that is not how the 24-year-old multiple belt-holder sees it.

Haney was quick to pour cold water on his defeated opponent's claims and also revealed that he fined $400,000 dollars for pushing the Ukrainian at the weigh-in.

Haney Tweeted: "This guy is a f*****g sore loser. Get this privilege (sic) sore loser out of boxing he makes excuses as he goes! Take your lost (sic) like a man and stop crying.. it was set up for you to win for the 3rd time in your career & you failed! Tell the commission give me my 400k back for that push!"

Lomachenko's intended appeal is a departure from the more relaxed approach he appeared to take when addressing fans via social media on Tuesday.

Taking to Instagram, he said: "Hi everyone, I've received a lot of messages from fans around the world. It's very, very nice and I'm very happy to read your very, very warm words.

"I just wanted to say a big thank you for your support, [everybody] who came to Saturday night and saw what happened that night. But it is what it is. It's life, life is not cancelled. God bless all the people around the world."

Although his camp said that they would be lodging an appeal at the post-fight press conference on Saturday, Lomachenko had admitted to deliberately taking the final round off - something that may have swung the points decision in Haney's favour.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...3ddb8de4&ei=51
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seen rematches ordered for a lot less competitive fights than that one. Lomachenko nor the fans are out of line wanting a rematch. Haney's father's claims about the fight being lopsided are ridiculous. Everyone knows it was a competitive fight. I'm not on the "robbery" train... but I do feel the fight could've just as easily gone Loma's way. I had it 7-5 Lomachenko. Haney gave Kambosos a rematch and that was less competitive. Could it be because Haney was sure of another victory over Kambosos, but has his doubts regarding Loma? Haney probably thought he could walk through Loma, and found out differently. Now he cries "sore loser" at Lomachenko, and he and his camp are shouting nonsense at the notion that it was a close fight.

Rarely have I seen an undefeated, undisputed champion with so many question marks around him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In fairness ya can't talk about giving a round away and such and then file a protest over the decision. I mean you can but come on. His camp needs to think things thru. And Haney flipping the switch yesterday with tantrum reactions just makes him look a lesser man. A unified champ off career win appealing to the lowest common denominator slagging Loma for his post fight breakdown etc. Just sounds desperate. I get what he's doing, he wants to use the backlash and channel some social media rage to boost himself up. See some people talk about him channeling Mayweather anti fans as Floyd had controversy in a couple fights. But Mayweather ran his rematches right back rather than do all the screaming and then walk away.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    In fairness ya can't talk about giving a round away and such and then file a protest over the decision. I mean you can but come on. His camp needs to think things thru. And Haney flipping the switch yesterday with tantrum reactions just makes him look a lesser man. A unified champ off career win appealing to the lowest common denominator slagging Loma for his post fight breakdown etc. Just sounds desperate. I get what he's doing, he wants to use the backlash and channel some social media rage to boost himself up. See some people talk about him channeling Mayweather anti fans as Floyd had controversy in a couple fights. But Mayweather ran his rematches right back rather than do all the screaming and then walk away.
    I don’t say he’s right to react like that to Loma , but in all fairness he probably thinks all of this is taking away his moment.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I don’t say he’s right to react like that to Loma , but in all fairness he probably thinks all of this is taking away his moment.
    It's weird how it works lately in the social media era. Only way I knew of any protest was when Haney started bringing himself down railing about it. Might be dating myself but turning 'heel' and not so humble seems to be looked at as a positive now.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    It's weird how it works lately in the social media era. Only way I knew of any protest was when Haney started bringing himself down railing about it. Might be dating myself but turning 'heel' and not so humble seems to be looked at as a positive now.

Then I guess we're both dated.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Devin Haney has lost a part of his recent fight earnings as punishment for a violent pre-fight shove.

At a monthly Nevada Athletic Commission meeting Tuesday in Las Vegas, Haney was fined $25,000, plus $326 in legal fees, for touching opponent Vasiliy Lomachenko during a May 19 weigh-ins faceoff one day before their bout.

“At the ceremonial weigh-ins before the bout, he engaged in conduct that is due to reflect discredit to unarmed combat, making unauthorized physical contact with his opponent and by disobeying the specific instructions from a representative of the commission to not do so,” deputy attorney general Joel Bekker said. “Such conduct reflects discredit to unarmed combat and constitutes foul or unsportsmanlike conduct detrimental to, and in connection with, the contest.”

The commission withheld $400,000 of Haney’s purse following the fight as it considered what his punishment should be. The remaining $375,000 will be paid to the boxer through the promotion “at the earliest opportunity,” Bekker said.

Haney, 24, retained the WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO, and The Ring lightweight titles vs. Lomachenko when he won a 12-round unanimous decision at MGM Grand Garden Arena. The win moved his record to 30-0 as a pro.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/mma-...3c31797b&ei=24
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information