Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor vs Ramirez - UNDISPUTED - May 22 - Las Vegas - ESPN

Josh Taylor aiming for 2021 superfight with Manny Pacquiao - but has to deal with Jose Ramirez first

Josh Taylor has revealed that he would be open to fighting Manny Pacquiao, but insists he is not looking past his next bout, a unification clash with Jose Ramirez.

WBA and IBF super-lightweight world titleholder Taylor (17-0, 13 KO's) has made no secret of his desire for a super fight with Pacquiao, even going so far as to name his childhood Staffordshire Bull Terrier after the legendary 'Pac Man,' 42, who has won world titles in eight weight categories.

"Manny is a hero of mine so when we named the dog it came about naturally, I could never have dreamed back then of fighting him but I would still love to now, 100 per cent," Taylor said to The Sun.

"As soon as that bell rang it would be down to business, even though he is an idol of mine and he isn’t as young as he used to be, he is still a dangerous top-level fighter so I would have to be ruthless."

Taylor also opened up about being recognised as one of the best fighters in the world. The 30-year-old, GIVEMESPORT's No. 2 best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, has won five of his last eight fights by stoppage.

"It is good but I am not bothered about being touted as the greatest this or that," he added. "I am not bothered about being recognised.

"But I do see it as a little sense of achievement that a little guy from Prestonpans can force his way into that list.

"I try not to but I do sometimes look at those lists and think ‘wow’ just because of how far I have come in a short space of time.

"One day when I am safely retired I can say 'Jesus Christ, I was one of the top-ten best fighters on the planet'.
    "But right now I’m just in the zone, I’m going to become the undisputed super-lightweight champion and then I’m going to go up in weight and win a world title there."

Taylor defends his WBA, IBF and Ring magazine titles against unbeaten Ramirez in Las Vegas on Saturday.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...rtan-ntp-feeds
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this one comes down to who can best match what the other does best. Will versus skill and I think Taylor can match Ramirez will better than Ramirez can match Taylor's skill. Taylor won't shy away from a ruck but his skill set and IQ are better than Ramirez and I think that's what sees him home on the cards.

Criminally under the radar this. Being overshadowed by the heavyweight fucking circus. Undisputed in 18 or 27 fights respectively. That's impressive stuff.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I think this one comes down to who can best match what the other does best. Will versus skill and I think Taylor can match Ramirez will better than Ramirez can match Taylor's skill. Taylor won't shy away from a ruck but his skill set and IQ are better than Ramirez and I think that's what sees him home on the cards.

Criminally under the radar this. Being overshadowed by the heavyweight fucking circus. Undisputed in 18 or 27 fights respectively. That's impressive stuff.

For me this is hands down the fight of the year so far, Ramirez always comes out swinging but Taylor is the slicker boxer and can stand and trade with him.
    This could very quickly turn into a Hagler v Hearns type of fight.
    Taylor is currently the UKs best fighter and I expect him to win this but this'll be a brutal war along the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like this one. Two honest, go for it fighters. I give Josh Taylor the slight edge but it will be tough. Ramirez seems to improve with every fight and he will have to against Taylor to win. Taylor has that rare combination of ring craft, strength and toughness. Should be a great fight. Has to be more interesting than Fury having to beat up the Bum Squad again.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor is in an elite group if he pulls this off!

Who are the other four-belt champions?

Oleksandr Usyk
    Undisputed cruiserweight champion
    21/07/2018 - 27/03/2019

Bernard Hopkins
    Undisputed super-middleweight champion
    29/09/2001 - 16/07/2005

Jermain Taylor
    Undisputed super-middleweight champion
    16/07/2005 - 14/12/2006

Claressa Shields
    Undisputed female middleweight champion
    13/04/2019 - 01/09/2020

Claressa Shields
    Undisputed female super-welterweight champion
    05/03/2021 - Present

Cecilia Braekhus
    Undisputed female welterweight champion
    13/09/2014 - 15/08/2020

Jessica McCaskill
    Undisputed female welterweight champion
    15/08/2020 - Present

Terence Crawford
    Undisputed super-lightweight champion
    19/08/2017 - 30/08/2017

Katie Taylor
    Undisputed female lightweight champion
    01/06/2019 - Present

https://britishboxingnews.co.uk/blog...s-jose-ramirez

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Josh Taylor on how a golfing accident put him on the path to world title glory

Josh Taylor faces Jose Ramirez for the undisputed world light-welterweight title in Las Vegas and his journey began with a golfing accident

Josh Taylor has revealed how a golfing accident helped put him on the path to world title glory.

Taylor bids to become the first British fighter to hold all four belts in one division when he faces Jose Ramirez for the undisputed light-welterweight title in Las Vegas in the early hours of Sunday.

The unbeaten Scot holds the WBA Super and IBF crowns and says he started fighting after a golfing accident as a kid left him with a scar on his face.

His cousin accidentally hit him with a golf club and he would lash out any anyone who taunted him about his injury.

“The scar was quite big and thick when I was younger and I used to get taunted about it,” said the Tartan Tornado. “People used to call me names and I would lash out because I felt insecure.

“Because I was small, they thought I was an easy target, but I never used to be an easy target, I would stand up for myself.

“I was about 10 and I was playing golf with my cousin,” said the slick southpaw. “I was standing right behind him and his follow through caught me right in the face.

“I put my hand on my face and when I took my hand away it was covered in blood, just completely covered in blood.

“I was in the ambulance laughing away and then the next thing I knew, I woke up with this huge thing on my face. I had to eat through a straw for the next six weeks and I lived off Wotsits.”

Taylor, 30, who is 17-0, faces WBC and WBO title holder Ramirez at The Theatre, Virgin Hotels and is thrilled at headlining in Vegas after watching so many big fights there.

His only regret is that his family and friends cannot be there to support him because of the coronavirus travel restrictions.

“I loved the Pacquiao, De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton fights,” he said. “I watched all the Mayweather ones growing up, so I’m really excited to be involved in a Vegas fight because it is the Mecca of boxing.

“My friends and family have supported me from day one so I would have loved nothing more than having them at ringside, cheering me on and seeing me become undisputed world champion in the biggest fight of my career.

“Instead I will just have to get the win without them and then take all the belts back home to show them.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...ident-24141066

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutely outstanding showdown, all cards on the table. Ramirez is a classy compliment to the sport. Feels a long time coming for Taylor and and can't help but feel heart says Ramirez brain says Taylor. Maybe even pulling away a bit before the dust settles. It's a mega fight.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

same three judges as for jose against viktor. josh needs to knock jose out
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ramirez vs Taylor start time changed, full Fight Week schedule announced

Jose Ramirez vs Josh Taylor start time and live stream in the US

Fans in the US can watch Jose Ramirez vs Josh Taylor live on ESPN and ESPN Deportes, and live stream on ESPN+. The main card start time is scheduled for Saturday, May 22 at 8 pm ET / 5 pm PT. The undercard kicks off at 4:45 pm ET / 1:45 pm PT.
    Ramirez vs Taylor live stream UK time

Ramirez vs Taylor UK time is scheduled for Sunday, May 23 at 1 am BST. The live stream is available on FITE TV. The undercard begins at 9:45 pm BST on Saturday, May 22.
    Ramirez vs Taylor live stream Australia time

In Australia Ramirez vs Taylor live stream is available on FITE TV. The date and start time is scheduled for Sunday, May 23 at 10 am AEST. The undercard is set to begin at 6:45 am AEST.
    Ramirez vs Taylor live stream in other countries

Boxing fans around the world (excluding the US) can watch Jose Ramirez vs Josh Taylor live stream on FITE. The respective start time can be found on the event broadcast page.
    Fight Week Schedule

Ramirez vs Taylor pre-fight press conference is scheduled for Thursday, May 20 at 3 pm ET / 12 pm PT in the US, 8 pm BST in the UK, which makes it Friday, May 21 at 5 am AEST in Australia. The live stream is available on Top Rank Boxing channel on YouTube and ESPN App.
    Max on Boxing: Ramirez vs. Taylor Preview Special is set for 8 pm ET / 5 pm PT on ESPN. State of Boxing: Ramirez vs. Taylor Preview Special follows at 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT also on ESPN.
    The official Ramirez vs Taylor weigh-in ceremony is conducted on Friday, May 21 at 4 pm ET / 1 pm PT in the US, 9 pm BST in the UK and Saturday, May 22 at 6 am AEST in Australia. The live stream is available on Top Rank Boxing channel on YouTube and ESPN App.
    Boxing action at The Theater at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas begins with the undercard bouts on Saturday, May 22 at 4:45 pm ET / 1:45 pm PT in the US, 9:45 pm BST in the UK, which converts to Sunday, May 23 at 6:45 am AEST in Australia.
    The main card follows at 8 pm ET / 5 pm PT live on ESPN, ESPN Deports and live stream on ESPN+ in the US, 1 am BST in the UK and 10 am AEST in Australia live stream on FITE TV.
    Ramirez vs Taylor fight card

Main Card

• Jose Ramirez vs. Josh Taylor, 12 rounds, junior welterweight – undisputed junior welterweight title, Ramirez’s WBC and WBO titles, Taylor’s IBF and WBA titles
    • Jose Zepeda vs. Hank Lundy, 10 rounds, junior welterweight
    • Elvis Rodriguez vs. Kenneth Sims Jr, 8 rounds, junior welterweight

Undercard

• Jose Enrique Vivas vs. Louie Coria, 8 rounds, featherweight
    • Robeisy Ramirez vs. Juan Tapia, 8 rounds, featherweight
    • Andres Cortes vs. Eduardo Garza, 8 rounds, junior lightweight
    • Raymond Muratalla vs. Jose Luis Gallegos, lightweight, 8 rounds
    • Javier Martinez vs. Calvin Metcalf, 6 rounds, middleweight

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True story..Taylor favoring the media role of a scattered arsehole just a bit . And can we stop bringing infants to pressers if you shits are going to start crowd shoving and flailing. Reading the undercard the main could be underway pretty quick!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Josh Taylor eyes 'career-best' fight to beat Jose Ramirez and unite titles

Josh Taylor says he has yet to demonstrate his full potential and believes he will produce a "career-best performance" to vanquish Jose Ramirez.

All four light-welterweight world titles will be on the line in Las Vegas on Saturday.

The winner will become only the fifth man in history to become undisputed world champion in the four-belt era.

"I've had good performances but still don't believe I've boxed to the best of my ability," Taylor tells BBC Scotland.

"I've not reached my full potential yet. When I fought Ivan Baranchyk, I could have made that fight so much easier. I could have changed up the tactics a little bit in the Regis Prograis fight as well and won that a little bit easier too."

WBA and IBF champion Taylor, 30, has the opportunity to become Scotland's second undisputed world champion, half-a-century after his idol, Ken Buchanan.

While much of the build-up has centred on a theme of mutual respect, the fighters shared an intense first face-to-face at Thursday's press conference, with the pair involved in a later scuffle outside.

The Scot says that, while he respects 28-year-old Ramirez, he believes he will have too much for his American-Mexican opponent.

"I'm feeling nice and relaxed and supremely confident ahead of Saturday, I can't wait," he reveals. "I'm really looking forward to this fight.

"There will definitely be some fireworks in there, 100%. But I think I know what to expect from Ramirez - he's going to come forward and put the pressure on.

"He'll try and break me down, put me on the back foot up against the ropes. That's what he's going to bring, but I'm fully prepared. Whatever he brings I'm ready for."

The bookmakers make Taylor favourite to emerge victorious on Saturday, but Ramirez is unconcerned with how others see the fight unfolding.

"I've never been a fan of opinions of who is the best fighter out there," Ramirez says.

"Sometimes people don't understand that, especially at this level, each fight is going to be tough. I always train like I'm the underdog. I always train like each fight is the biggest fight of my career.

"I can't afford to lose. That's always been my mentality. I always find a way to win."

Ramirez holds the WBC and WBO world light welterweight belts and fancies his chances of adding the other two.

"I believe a fighter like Taylor will bring out the best in me," he adds. "You will see all my skills and I will put on a show against a great fighter.

"It's an honour for me to face a great fighter like Taylor. This will be the best fight of the year."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/57208282

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WAR Josh Taylor and Jose Ramirez separated by security as backstage fight breaks out at weigh-in, Scot promises to ‘smash rival’s face in’ after ‘getting in his head’

Tensions between Josh Taylor and Jose Ramirez boiled over in a mass brawl after the weigh-in for their huge unification fight tonight.

Taylor, the ‘Tartan Tornado’, is hoping to take the WBC and WBO belts away from Californian Ramirez on Saturday night in Las Vegas and become the first Scot to hold all four belts simultaneously.

Although there is undoubted respect between the two undefeated fighters, Taylor is fired up for the contest and pulls no punches on fight week.

Rick Mirigian, who manages Ramirez, found this out first hand when Taylor confronted him at the first press conference on Thursday evening over comments made on Twitter.

And now, footage has emerged of the Scotsman sparking chaos by shoving Ramirez backstage at their weigh-in on Friday.

The weigh-in itself was pretty tense as both fighters made the 139.6lbs mark.

Ben Davison, Taylor’s trainer, stepped in to separate the two fighters as they got up close and personal, before they appeared to go their separate ways.

However, in a video posted by promoter Top Rank, the hostilities were far from over.

Taylor approaches Ramirez in a corridor and shoves him, before all hell breaks loose.

Onlookers start screaming as security quickly steps in to stop a full-on scrap, before Taylor’s team bundle him into a lift.

Speaking afterwards, Taylor appeared to reveal the whole thing was just mind games designed to wind up his opponent.

“Listen, I’ve got in his head, I know I am in his head,” Taylor said. “He seems a little fired up which is good, we haven’t seen that before. I am going to smash his face in tomorrow.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/8...ideo-weigh-in/

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What channel is this on in Canada?... You know the important market.

Tsn I found it
    Last edited by palmerq; 05-23-2021 at 12:15 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Supposed to be a pretty early doors fight. 2:15am (UK time) ring walks apparently.
    So I'm stayin up instead of having a nap like I usually would for a later main event.

What's with Taylor seemingly being a bit of a gob shite? Don't like all those shite antics. Just do your business in the ring.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Evening all. Sims Jr getting close with that short right on Elvis Rodriquez a half dozen times in the 2nd.

Thread Information