86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Derek Chisora v Joseph Parker

https://boxrec.com/ru/proboxer/697404

Morrison has barely beaten anyone with a winning record

I watched his fight with Jason Welborn and it was a bad defeat, he wasnt in the fight at all, I suppose the only positive you could take from it is that he proved he has a chin of sorts
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Eubank Jr targets Gennadiy Golovkin: 'I don’t believe he could out-punch or out-perform me'

"I have the perfect style to stop Gennadiy Golovkin even though it's never been done before," says Chris Eubank Jr, who will fight Marcus Morrison on Saturday's Chisora vs Parker bill, live on Sky Sports Box Office

Chris Eubank Jr believes he could inflict a first-ever stoppage defeat on Gennadiy Golovkin to rip away his world title.

Eubank Jr returns against Marcus Morrison on Saturday, live on Sky Sports Box Office, alongside Derek Chisora vs Joseph Parker and Katie Taylor vs Natasha Jonas.

His goal is the IBF middleweight championship which is held by big-punching Kazakh Golovkin, rather than the super-middleweight belts that Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and Billy Joe Saunders will unify next week.

"I'm a middleweight right now. At the moment there are a lot of middleweight world champions that I'm coming for this year," Eubank Jr told Sky Sports.

"Canelo is a great fighter, it's a huge fight, but at super-middleweight. He's the only guy I would move up to fight - if I was given the opportunity, of course, I would take it.

"But there are a lot of names including GGG. That's a fight that needs to happen this year, it has to happen.

"He has a world title, the fans have been asking for the fight for years, it slipped through my fingers.

"I'm in a position now, fighting in England, where I can put it good performances and we can make the fight at the end of the year.

"That would be the dream, to fight in the UK. Obviously he fights in the States and it comes down to business.

"My main focus is just fighting him and getting that world title.

Eubank Jr was in talks to fight Golovkin in 2016 but the opportunity instead went to Kell Brook.

The only blemishes on Golovkin's fearsome record is a draw and a defeat (both of which he has disputed) in two fights with Canelo.

He is now 39 and has no fight scheduled since beating Kamil Szeremeta in December.

"I really and truly believe I would stop him," Eubank Jr said.

"My engine and his fight style? He doesn't back down and goes to war regardless.

"An immovable force against an unstoppable object. When two warriors collide who put it all on the line, it would be an amazing fight.

"I don't believe he could out-punch or out-perform me.

"I've had that mind-set for years now. I have the perfect style to stop Golovkin even though it's never been done before."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...out-perform-me
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Craig Richards out to banish underdog tag with monstrous win over feared Russian Dmitry Bivol in WBA world title fight

HAVING knocked down every one of his title goals so far, Craig Richards has just one more to go - his WBA world light-heavyweight duel with Dmitry Bivol.

Richards, an 11/1 underdog, hasn't been favoured by many. Bivol is as tough, well-schooled and as assassin-like as they come in the ring.

But the Matchroom Elite Gym fighter promises his hand will be raised, just like four of his stablemates before him over the past six weeks in Conor Benn, Ted Cheeseman, Felix Cash and Joe Cordina.

Trained by Peter Sims, brother of Tony, Richards details his journey from 'survival mode' - without the same

Olympic hype the likes of Lawrence Okolie, Joshua Buatsi, Josh Kelly and Cordina had - to world title challenger in just a matter of years.

He says in an exclusive chat with SunSport: "I was getting on buses on my own from a young age and if you ask Peter when he met me, because I dedicated myself to boxing I couldn't work.

"So I was in a small survival mode where I was getting on three trains and a bus to get to Essex, two hours and 20 minutes every day before my debut.

"I've had to kick doors down the hard way, I wasn't an Olympian, when I come through I didn't have someone pulling me through like my father.

"I've put myself in this position. I've had to earn the right to be here and it'd be a shame to come this far… to only come this far."

Richards is well-aware of the risk fighting someone like Bivol brings.

The Russian is 17-0, picked up his first boxing title in his fourth fight and has been at least an interim champ from his seventh onwards.

Often-touted as one of the best pure boxers in the game, he holds wins over former world champion Jean Pascal, current WBO titleholder Joe Smith Jr and grizzled veterans in Sullivan Barerra and Isaac Chilemba.

Richards' best win came in his last outing against against Shakan Pitters, stopping the Birmingham fighter in nine rounds.

But 'Spider' as the South Londoner is known, also knows he's failed to perform in lower-stakes fights, which is why he's confident Bivol's skill level will ramp him into top gear.

"For me, if you look at my career, whenever I fight someone I'm supposed to beat, I'm flat. It's whenever I'm the underdog I perform, go out there and get the stoppage," he adds.

"I need big fights to get the best out of me, and there ain't much bigger than Dimitry Bivol.

"He does plenty well, he's world champion. He has flaws, though. I need to exploit those flaws, take away his strong points. With Shakan as well, 14-0, British champion, I said he did things well, but I took them all away and I did the job comfortably and easy.

"This won't be as easy, I know that. But it'll get me through my gears, I'll be in highest possible gear, I promise.

"We asked for the fight, I was in and around the ranking anyway, like No 5. I've been in the top 10 with the WBA for the last two years.

"First of all Eddie said 'cor blimey!', then he spoke to Bivol's team, they showed interest and negotiations went from there.

"And here we are, I'm going to win the rounds, box very well, and when it's time to show it I'll get him out. I carry my power both late and early, I get stronger as the rounds go on.

"People doubted me before, you were wrong before and it'll be the same thing again and you'll all stop doubting me. It'll be one of the biggest wins in British boxing history."

Outside the ring, Richards is a much more passive person. He talks to kids at schools, gives back to communities in Penge and Lewishman where he grew up, and it's clear he wants to change the way youths think today.

Knife crime and gang violence has always been prevalent in London, so much so that it's even become a bit of a cliche that the young, tearaway, disadvantaged kid uses boxing to escape a much darker life path.

Richards is clear on the matter. Gang violence is something he was never interested in, but growing up where he did, it was often inescapable.

"You also get involved in things that are nothing to do with you, it's all postcode wars and stuff," he explains. "You end up with trouble with boys and you don't know how you're drawn in.

"When you grow up in South London it was hard not to get involved in certain things. You get on a bus and then 10 boys get on a bus and try and rob you.

"Then you get labelled as being part of a gang, all because of your postcode. It's stupid and I've had friends die, been involved in bad stuff, stabbed. It's all just a waste of time.

"Youth today need to understand they're wasting them time with that. That's why I go into schools so I can tell all of them that. I want that culture to change.

"When I was a kid all I did was watch boxing, I didn't want to be tangled up with the other stuff. I didn't even watch football, which is what most kids my age did."

There are two huge motivating factors for Richards heading into his clash with Bivol - his mother and grandad, who passed away not long after his first title win against Alan Higgins in 2017.

"My grandad was anti-boxing. He was telling me to get a job and go to university and before he passed away I had my first title fight.

"I went to his house, he had the poster on his wall so I managed to get his blessing before he died.

"And as for my mother, it'd be nice if I could give her everything she ever wanted."

And as for any final words from the 30-year-old, they assume the same confidence the previous 17 minutes of his sermon did while sat on the ring apron at the Matchroom Gym in Essex.

"Prediction? Richards win," he says.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14806...-fight-boxing/

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

now this would be some upset
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UNHAPPY Derek Chisora threatens to quit fight with Joseph Parker over row on ring walks and then loses coin toss live on TV

Derek Chisora has threatened to walk away from his fight with Joseph Parker in a row about tomorrow night’s ring walks.

The heavyweight clash headlines a huge night of pay-per-view boxing on a card featuring Chris Eubank Jr, Campbell Hatton and Katie Taylor.

Promoter Eddie Hearn has claimed it will be ‘the best card I’ve ever put on’, but an argument at the weigh-in has left Chisora unhappy.

The British heavyweight tipped the scales at 250½lbs while his New Zealand opponent came in at 241.1lbs.

Chisora was adamant he wanted to come into the ring second on Saturday night with a coin toss the method proposed.

But he was having none of it and told Sky Sports: “We’re having an argument, they wanna do a coin flip [for] who comes in the ring first/second. Nah, not doing that. Either I come in second or I go home right now.”

The coin toss did eventually take place and Chisora LOST meaning he will have to come into the ring first and Parker second.

Chisora’s promoter David Haye believes the fight could be in serious danger if the British fighter doesn’t get his way.

He said: “I genuinely can’t see the fight happening if Derek’s told to come in first. I know it makes zero sense.

“He agreed it and signed the contract. He’s that guy, he just doesn’t care.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/8...oin-toss-lost/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Always been a bellend hasn't he Chis.....does he realise how lucky he is to be getting a shot at PPV main event given he is firmly a journeyman, division gatekeeper!?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    Always been a bellend hasn't he Chis.....does he realise how lucky he is to be getting a shot at PPV main event given he is firmly a journeyman, division gatekeeper!?
    If I was Parker I would not relent to Chisora and sue him if he pulls out of the fight. He will never get another big fight again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hoestly couldn't be bothered by Chisora too much anymore, I just can't see him going anywhere, but then again if he's making money, more power to him.

What a great card though. Its stacked.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Straffon and Tennyson over in 1.
    Gutted for James, but talk about all guns blazing.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well, Anna is looking particularly lovely tonight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    well, Anna is looking particularly lovely tonight
    As always!

They had to stack this card to justify the PPV really didn't they!
    It's a proper mish mash of weird fights though.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one knows what Chisora will show up until the bell goes. Hopefully a good one.

Parker hasn’t impressed me for a long time and his last fight was a mess, he could have easily lost it via UD, it was that messy and close.

If Chisora is on point then he can make it a hard night for Parker, but if Parker can turn it back a few years he can make this an easy one sided fight.

Hoping for a Chisora KO.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really high on Bivol recently. I'm not sure he beats Beterbiev just yet, but I think he's top of the pile.

I'll be very surprised if Richards troubles him at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by donnydarkoIRL View Post
    Really high on Bivol recently. I'm not sure he beats Beterbiev just yet, but I think he's top of the pile.

I'll be very surprised if Richards troubles him at all.
    Used to be of the opinion Bivol was the best in the light heavy scene a few years back, even before Kov had those losses...
    But last year or two Beterbiev just looks like a beast! Bivol can probably out box him though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    Used to be of the opinion Bivol was the best in the light heavy scene a few years back, even before Kov had those losses...
    But last year or two Beterbiev just looks like a beast! Bivol can probably out box him though.
    Yeah, he's a really nice boxer, certainly a better technical boxer than Beterbiev - it would be interesting and feels inevitable at this point.

All credit to Richards here, he's not overawed at all!

Thread Information