1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Derek Chisora v Joseph Parker

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    It'd be some boxing story if Derek won

where would he go next?

Wilder? Whyte 3? AJ Fury Loser?

Would it though? It is Joseph Parker. It would be a bit like taking over from Jim Bowen on Bullseye. Jim could just about do the job but he was never going to be Les Dawson was he?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

where would he go next?

Would it though? It is Joseph Parker. It would be a bit like taking over from Jim Bowen on Bullseye. Jim could just about do the job but he was never going to be Les Dawson was he?
    ha well, maybe it wouldnt be mcartney leaving the beatles

be slightly more interesting than Parker winning tho

And i think youre selling Jim short, my mum and dad got a caravan in Clitheroe a year or two ago and we sat around watching bullseye on gold (or some channel), would bullseye even have been a thing if it wasnt for Jim?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

where would he go next?

And i think youre selling Jim short, my mum and dad got a caravan in Clitheroe a year or two ago and we sat around watching bullseye on gold (or some channel), would bullseye even have been a thing if it wasnt for Jim?
    I'll have to think carefully about this reply, because I was a Bullseye winner in 1986, David Haye is on the money machine with Chiz, good luck to him, but as I've always said, Tyson Fury is on the money, Anthony Joshua is a poor second, the rest are wannabee substitutes.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post

where would he go next?

I'll have to think carefully about this reply, because I was a Bullseye winner in 1986, David Haye is on the money machine with Chiz, good luck to him, but as I've always said, Tyson Fury is on the money, Anthony Joshua is a poor second, the rest are wannabee substitutes.
    you never beat that Welsh Murderer that was on it did you? There was a series recently on TV (Pembrokeshire Murders I think.)
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

where would he go next?

bollox

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joseph Parker can edge closer to world title fight next year if he defeats Derek Chisora, says promoter Eddie Hearn

"This is a really important fight for him," promoter Eddie Hearn believes Joseph Parker could be within touching distance of a world heavyweight title fight next year if he defeats Derek Chisora on May 1

Joseph Parker will be on the brink of challenging for a "fragmented" world heavyweight belt if he can demolish Derek Chisora's lingering title ambitions, says promoter Eddie Hearn.

The New Zealander faces Chisora on May 1, live on Sky Sports Box Office, and victory would strengthen his lofty position in the rankings; he's third with the WBO and sixth with both the IBF and WBC.

Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury have signed a two-fight contract, starting with an undisputed world title fight this summer, and Hearn believes Parker would be well positioned to challenge if belts are vacated in 2022.

"That's just going to go off, from the first bell, that fight," Hearn told Sky Sports.

"Actually, Joseph Parker is right up there, since his win over Junior Fa. He's top five, top six with a couple of governing bodies now.

"If he beats Chisora, when these belts become fragmented in probably 2022, this is a really important fight for him."

The former WBO champion had been due to face Chisora in October 2019, but a spider bite caused the bout to be cancelled.

Chisora instead defeated David Price, although his recent resurgence was stalled by a points loss to Oleksandr Usyk last October.

"Sometimes, I think people don't give 'Del Boy' enough credit," said Hearn.

"He lost a competitive fight to Oleksandr Usyk, who is a pound-for-pound great, undisputed cruiserweight champion.

"Parker's style is going to suit him a lot better.

"Both guys teaming up with a new training team. Great, great men. Andy Lee, of course, in Joe Parker's corner, and Buddy McGirt in Chisora's corner. It's going to be an interesting battle."

Chisora knows that a win is essential to revive his hopes of challenging for a world belt.

"For 'Del Boy', of course it's last roll of the dice, in a big, big heavyweight fight," Hearn added.

"When has he not given us anything but unbelievable entertainment?

"It doesn't matter whether it's Dillian Whyte 1, Dillian Whyte 2, Szpilka. Takam was one of the most exciting fights I've ever seen. Usyk here and the Parker fight will be no different."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...er-eddie-hearn
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chisora is this era's Bert Cooper only more consistent. He is the test to take it to the next level.

Unfortunately his ring IQ isn't high enough to give either AJ nor Fury a competitive bout again.

Parker can edge this one out, but I can see a few scary moments for him. With that said, I'm hoping for a come from behind stoppage for Del Boy!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joseph Parker's manager says Derek Chisora is heading for disaster and retirement in their heavyweight showdown on May 1

"Provided that Joseph Parker does not make a silly mistake, and executes his game-plan, then I see him retiring Derek Chisora," manager David Higgins says the British heavyweight could be forced to consider his future

Joseph Parker's manager David Higgins has delivered a scathing assessment of opponent Derek Chisora, suggesting the British heavyweight is heading for 'disaster' and 'retirement.'

Chisora's high stakes clash with Parker is just nine days away on May 1, live on Sky Sports Box Office, on a blockbuster bill that also includes Katie Taylor's undisputed lightweight title fight with Natasha Jonas and the return of Chris Eubank Jr.

Promoter Eddie Hearn has informed Parker that he is one win away from world title contention, and Higgins believes Chisora could be forced to consider his future in the sport after a crushing defeat.

"On his day, he [Chisora] can show up and knock someone out, like he did against Carlos Takam and so we've always got to be wary of that," Higgins told the Ringside Toe 2 Toe podcast.

"But provided that Joseph Parker does not make a silly mistake, and executes his game-plan, then I see him retiring Derek Chisora.

"I'm not sure what David Haye does, besides managing Chisora, and so because I like the bloke I might offer him a job with Duco Events.

"David Haye is welcome to come and work here in New Zealand, for me, after the fight."

But rival manager David Haye has warned that Parker could be on the receiving end of a punishing assault if he engages Chisora at close quarters.

"It's going to need to be a sustained beating and he's [Chisora] going to need to get deep down and dirty," said Haye, who also appeared on the Ringside Toe 2 Toe podcast.

"I hope that Parker wants to stand and have a punch-up with Derek. If he tries to outbox him, it could be pretty ugly, so I'm hoping he wants to stand there.

"I'm hoping he wants to make a statement to the heavyweights out there, 'I'm going to go out there and take Derek Chisora out'. If he does that, we've got ourselves a beautiful showdown."

Both fighters have hired new trainers, with Chisora bringing in Buddy McGirt, while Parker has recruited Andy Lee.

Higgins has questioned Chisora's appointment, recalling how McGirt was in charge of Monte Barrett's disastrous defeat to Shane Cameron in Auckland.

"I hope it's a better camp, this time with Chisora," said Higgins. "Nothing against Buddy McGirt, but I think Buddy would agree that the whole Monte Barrett camp was an utter shambles that ended in disaster.

"I hope Chisora has made the right decision with Buddy and I hope they are training hard and well, because we're certainly in a good space."

Haye has welcomed the addition of the respected American cornerman, telling Sky Sports: "Him hiring Buddy McGirt, a former champion boxer himself and a 'Hall of Fame' coach - he's been there in the biggest occasions and we're just hoping, come fight night that the Buddy McGirt factor will play a major role in this fight.

"I've never seen Derek as connected with a coach as he is with Buddy McGirt. I think the experience factor really means a lot to Derek, going into a fight like this."

Parker, a former WBO champion, can strengthen his status as a potential challenger, if a belt is vacated following Anthony Joshua's expected undisputed world title fight with Tyson Fury.

But Higgins admits that Parker's prospects would look bleak following a career-damaging loss to Chisora.

"This is a fight where if Joseph wins, he's got a genuine second world title shot, right in front of him. Eddie Hearn has confirmed that," said Higgins. "Maybe against Usyk, whoever, it doesn't matter.

"The winner will be on a world title shot, I'd say within a year, and the loser will be on the scrap heap. If it's Derek Chisora, I'd say he'll probably retire.

"If it's Joseph Parker, he's got to ask some really hard questions, whether he is in the top echelon and should continue his career."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...wdown-on-may-1

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

where would he go next?

bollox
    I did win bullseye in 1986, I'll leave it to yo to check

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully Derek won't be eating a 5 guy burger the night before the fight.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Eubank Jr on his trainer Roy Jones Jr: 'The tactics, the thought process, the mind-set I have now is different'

"At middleweight nobody will bully me, nobody is bigger than me, so I can focus on the art and craft rather than the war aspect," warns Chris Eubank Jr, who will return next Saturday, live on Sky Sports Box Office

Chris Eubank Jr insists his trainer Roy Jones Jr "will add years to my career" and has taught him about "being smart" inside the ring.

Eubank Jr's comeback is against Marcus Morrison on next Saturday's Sky Sports Box Office undercard, alongside Derek Chisora vs Joseph Parker and Katie Taylor vs Natasha Jonas.

It will be his first fight since linking up with boxing legend Jones Jr, who was once a rival of his father's.

Eubank Jr told Sky Sports about his improvements: "Mentally is the biggest part. Physically? I'm 31, I won't be a changed fighter, my style is what it is. There are things he has tweaked or made me focus on, but the main change is how I mentally approach these fights.

"The tactics, the thought process, the mind-set that I have now is different.

"Being with him will add years to my career.

"It's not about going to war every time anymore. It's about being smart and not getting hit.

"Some of those things I had lost focus on. I put that down to moving up to super-middleweight - knowing I was against guys who were naturally bigger, I got it into my head that I had to hurt them early so they didn't bully me. I lost sight of the boxing.

"At middleweight nobody will bully me, nobody is bigger than me, so I can focus on the art and craft rather than the war aspect.

"I will still go to war - when there is an opportunity, these guys will get taken out!

"But there are new aspects to my game."

Eubank Jr's father had previously told Sky Sports: "Junior has speed. Roy had speed. There is the synergy.

"When someone has speed they throw four punches to your one, you cannot beat them. If Junior picks up five per cent from Roy, that is enough to see him through to achieve all the things that he wants.

"Five per cent is enough to make him blossom and fly."

Since Eubank Jr's career-best win against James DeGale in February 2019, he has had just two rounds of in-ring competition.

"Ring-rust is a factor and Morrison is the perfect opponent," he said about his comeback. "He is solid and he can punch so I can't let my guard down.

"He has shown heart, he can punch. He's not somebody to take lightly. So I've trained hard, like I would for any fight, and I will be at 100 per cent on the night.

"This is a fight to get me back in the mix. I've been out of the ring, really, for two years which has been tough.

"What can you do? The answer was to go away and learn, to improve, and to not stagnate like a lot of fighters have done.

"I have trained in Florida with Roy Jones Jr for a year-and-a-half and, although I haven't been in the ring, I have improved.

"I've got at least another solid four or five years left. This was the perfect time to get new blood, a new set of eyes and ears, and new training methods into my camp. I have listened to them and learned from them, and it has paid dividends.

"You will see the fruits of my labour."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...w-is-different

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dimitry Bivol must impress against Craig Richards to set up Artur Beterbiev fight

Bivol defends his light-heavyweight title against underdog Richards on the undercard of Derek Chisora vs Joseph Parker

Dimitry Bivol makes his first appearance since 2019 and his UK debut against Craig Richards in Manchester next week.

What a pity there will not be a live audience in the Manchester Arena to witness one of the marquee names in the light heavyweight division.

Bivol came through the Russian system logging 283 bouts as an amateur and winning all but 15.

He turned pro in 2014 and was a world champion in his 12 th fight, hitting the jackpot in Monaco against Trent Broadhurst for the WBA title.

The fight he and the world wants is a unification against his great Russian rival Artur Beterbiev, who holds the IBF and WBC belts.

Bivol is part of the DAZN camp that has just signed a five-year, nine figure deal with Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom stable.

Making the fight with Beterbiev, who is part of the ESPN stable, is possible only if the numbers stack up.

There is a strong lobby backing Beterbiev as the best in the division. I’m not so sure.

Beterbiev is chunky, walks forward and knocks people out. He’s exceptional up close but he can be hurt and dropped.

Bivol is more orthodox, a beautifully balanced, attacking fighter. He uses lots of feints before he lets go and has great feet, moving in and out of punching distance with real poise.

His best shot is his raking left hook but his right is also a powerful weapon.

I have watched Richards spar a few times with George Groves. He is upright and a little one-paced.

He has improved a lot since his only defeat to Frank Buglioni in 2017, racking up six wins, including victory against Shakan Pitters for the British title last time out.

He had Pitters over in the fourth and closed it out in the ninth. He is a decent puncher but his hands were low and he was up on his toes that night

He can’t hope to succeed against Bivol fighting like that.

Richards could make it awkward in the early rounds but I expect Bivol to stamp his authority on the night and take him out if not by half way then in the championship rounds.

This will be Bivol’s sixth defence. He’ll want to look good making it to tempt Beterbiev into the contest we all want to see.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...ainst-23970095

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

where would he go next?

bollox
    I did win bullseye in 1986, I'll leave it to yo to check
    how will i check? google @nuggetdotcom bullseye?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dereck Chisora makes scornful heavyweight title claim ahead of Joseph Parker clash

Chisora reckons he'd have won the WBO belt had he fought for it in New Zealand like Parker, who he faces in a mouth-watering showdown at Manchester Arena next Saturday

Dereck Chisora reckons he’d have been a world champion just like Joseph Parker had he been a Kiwi fighting for a world title in New Zealand.

Parker, who takes on Chisora in Manchester on Saturday, won the vacant WBO heavyweight world title against Andy Ruiz in Auckland in 2016 but lost it to Anthony Joshua 17 months later.

Chisora said: “If I had boxed for the title he won in New Zealand, I would have won it as well.

“There’s not much really happening in New Zealand.

“If that fight was on a different continent he’d have lost it because when Ruiz was bringing the heat on and pushing the fight… it went Joe’s way because it was his show.

“But really and truly I’ve got respect for Joe and I don’t have anything bad to say about Joe because he hasn’t done anything bad in the sport.

“He has been given fights and he has fought those fights.”

Chisora turned 37 in December but has no plans to quit the fight game anytime soon and he has teamed up with new trainer Buddy McGirt ahead of his clash with Parker.

Chisora added: “I’m feeling good, I’m in great shape, great mind, everything has gone well and I can’t complain.

“What keeps the fire burning? Money. It keeps me on fire, keeps me going.

“You can never have enough money.

“Buddy has brought some good stuff. He’s not changing my style, he’s just putting some little things into my style. Which is good.

“People say ‘you can’t teach an old dog new tricks’ but really and truly it’s a lie. Only a stupid dog can’t learn new tricks. I’m improving on my game.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...fight-23974367

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Eubank Jr vs Marcus Morrison

CHRIS EUBANK JR returns to the ring for the first time since December 2019 to face Marcus Morrison on Saturday night.

The middleweight bout is on the undercard of Derek Chisora vs Joseph Parker at the Manchester Arena.

Eubank Jr, on how new coach Roy Jones Jr has changed his style: "Mentally is the biggest part. Physically? I'm 31, I won't be a changed fighter, my style is what it is.

"There are things he has tweaked or made me focus on, but the main change is how I mentally approach these fights.

"The tactics, the thought process, the mind-set that I have now is different. Being with him will add years to my career.

"It's not about going to war every time anymore. It's about being smart and not getting hit. Some of those things I had lost focus on.

"I put that down to moving up to super-middleweight - knowing I was against guys who were naturally bigger, I got it into my head that I had to hurt them early so they didn't bully me. I lost sight of the boxing.

"At middleweight nobody will bully me, nobody is bigger than me, so I can focus on the art and craft rather than the war aspect."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxin...am-tv-channel/

Thread Information