Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wilder v Ruiz planned for later this year

Should be an easy fight to make as they're both with Al Haymon.
    Intriguing fight and hard to pick.
    Ruiz can take a heavy shot and get straight back up and Wilder hasn't got the basic boxing skills to to what AJ did in the second fight.
    Can see them both meeting centre ring and having a real tear-up.

I like this fight alot 😎

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/846478/

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder v Ruiz planned for later this year

I like it too. Off the top I'd have to pick Ruiz in this one. For the same reasons you mentioned. Ruiz can take a good punch, and has shown he can get back off the canvas. Not only that. He's also busy, and Wilder isn't adept at fighting while backing up. Wilder's victory over King Kong Ortiz is discounted by many because of Ortiz's age... but still not very many fighters were lining up to fight Ortiz. But to me that's a plus for Wilder. Still... I think Ruiz catches Wilder enough to win by late stoppage.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One I've been waiting for they were chatting it up even pre Fury II. But first things first..PBC is losing it's ever loving mind. Ruiz Jr v Chris Arreola...on PPV They have got to be running out of money by now.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Makes sense. They’re both in the US and they both need a big fight to keep them relevant. If Ruiz stops eating, I’d like to see him win. Whether he deserves it after the shape he was in for the 2nd AJ fight is another story.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Should be an easy fight to make as they're both with Al Haymon.
    Intriguing fight and hard to pick.
    Ruiz can take a heavy shot and get straight back up and Wilder hasn't got the basic boxing skills to to what AJ did in the second fight.
    Can see them both meeting centre ring and having a real tear-up.

I like this fight alot 😎

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/846478/
    I was just thinking the other day a fight like this makes sense. Was going to make a post requesting it should be made. After Wilder and AJ both lost, the dazzle of a fight between the two has gone. We can live without it now. The only thing in the HW division worth standing up for is to see how long Fury can rule.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder enters the ring wearing a 40 pounds Burrito Suit; stratagem, as Ruiz cant resist and eats thru Wilder's suit; Wilder stands still and allows it; his legs do not get fatigued as Andy finishes up the 40 pounds burrito before the opening bell. Backfires on Wilder in the 8th round as Ruiz gets a 2nd wind after digesting (and losing the first 7 rounds) and knocks out the fading Deontay Wilder. Ruiz Jr KO 8

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This would be fun but I think ruiz would have a pretty easy time with wilder, wilder malfunctions v a competent jab and a tough git with some good hand speed, power and counter punching will make a fool out of him I think... Wilder may pull a KO out of the bag but I think fatty ruiz will handle the power and stop wilder...

I like wilder despite his amazing talking of bollocks, he did a good job taking the sport up late and making himself some money despite his limitations.. So I hope he wins itm

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Wilder will go for the KO from the first bell, I personally think he's damaged mentally from the Fury beating.
    If Ruiz can get to him early Wilder will crumble and look for a way out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz is the better boxer here, no doubt, but the height and reach difference could be problematic.

AJ lost spectacularly sure, (he may even have been wobbled a few times in their return fight,) but Andy got clipped first. Joshua was only caught initially because he thought Ruiz was out of there and rushed in gung-ho looking for the finish.

I don't rate Wilder. Like at all.
    But when he hits guys generally there's one response.

I hope Ruiz retires him, but really really risky.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm looking forward to seeing Ruiz back. There's never ever been any issue with his boxing ability, Ruiz is a natural. His issue has always been mentality, does he want to get in fighting shape and stay in or close to fighting shape as much as he wants to go to an all you can eat. His desire or lack of cost him against Parker. He spent half the fight doing next to nothing. When he chose to fight he was for me too good for Parker. Hit the jackpot against AJ and we all know what happened after that.

I don't really follow boxers socials but in the few bits and pieces I've seen he looks in good nick. Face looks slim, legs look strong. He looks more wrecking ball than dough ball.

I want to see him back against someone else first. Areola's name has been chucked about hasn't it? I'm not sure that there's a good exit from an Areola fight. He either turns up, huffs and puffs for a round or two then folds. Or he starts hanging about like a bad smell. Neither is a good look. I know he got chinned by Helenius but I'd prefer someone fresher like Kownacki.

Ruiz can be a problem for anyone. The key word is can. The choice seems to be his to make.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is an excellent matchup. Styles, stage of career etc. Could be fun. This contest has my hearty approval.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A fat bloke against a damaged bloke. This is actually a decent fight on paper but you could get a gunshy Wilder fiddling away against a tub of lard who hasn't taken it seriously and is just picking up a cheque.

I had to google the Ruiz Arreola PPV thing. It's hard to believe that they're actually going to do that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see this fight!
    Think I'd favour Ruiz too. He's seemingly getting himself into some decent shape, and Wilder is probably psychologically damaged. Ruiz outboxes Wilder all day, but Deontay still has that huge equiliser which, up until Fury came along, always seemed to get the job done, so you never rule that outcome!!

I think a motivated and in shape Ruiz is very intruiging because he could be a handful for anyone on his day!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz has to find that sweet spot weight wise. Lose too much and Wilder will prove his chin is better than we give credit for. gains too much weight, Wilder as awkard as he is can move a bit.

His right isnt just hard, its fast and that is his one accurate shot. He lands clean like Aj did on him, guy can have a hard time recouping, plus I take into account the rest of Wilder's shots are looping to the point of silly.

I can see Wilder landing a shot that messes with Ruiz' equilibrium, temple, ears, top of the head, Wilder;s shots dont land where they supposed to go.

But if he allows Ruiz to fight inside, be it long night or quick, Ruiz will take him out from the inside.
    Easily.

With that said! Until a hand is raised, Wilder is in the find no matter how far down on the cards!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information