155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: rip marvelous

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    Marvellous

So a perfectly healthy Marvin Hagler who had the "vaccine" has sadly passed away. 2 weeks after having the perfectly safe, fully tested for humans vaccine that's still under trial until 2023.

Right OK.

A man who at the, far from old age of 66 can run a 6 minute mile and is in better shape than guys half age just gets taken out like this.

Right. OK

It takes 10 years of trials and test to get a vaccine half way right, and they pushing that poison after 2 months of development under Trump.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they try to say it was long term trauma from blows to the head. Say no to the #covidvaccine

Another one bites the dust eh Bill ?

They offer you the vaccine they do not force you to take it.
    Plus do not spoil a tribute to a great fighter with your death cult mind.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    Marvellous

So a perfectly healthy Marvin Hagler who had the "vaccine" has sadly passed away. 2 weeks after having the perfectly safe, fully tested for humans vaccine that's still under trial until 2023.

Right OK.

A man who at the, far from old age of 66 can run a 6 minute mile and is in better shape than guys half age just gets taken out like this.

Right. OK

It takes 10 years of trials and test to get a vaccine half way right, and they pushing that poison after 2 months of development under Trump.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they try to say it was long term trauma from blows to the head. Say no to the #covidvaccine

Another one bites the dust eh Bill ?

They offer you the vaccine they do not force you to take it.
    Plus do not spoil a tribute to a great fighter with your death cult mind.
    Don't put words in my mouth. Never said they forced him to take it[

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please cut it out with this vaccine shit on this thread.

Gutted to wake to to this this morning.

As a youngster I didn't like him mostly because of his look and him being the 'bad guy' rather than pretty boy Ray. As I got older and more informed - especially after reading 4 Kings - I realised how he had risen up and done it the hard way. Massive respect.

A true warrior, awesome fighter and a top bloke. One of the best ever.

RIP champ
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Please cut it out with this vaccine shit on this thread.

Gutted to wake to to this this morning.

As a youngster I didn't like him mostly because of his look and him being the 'bad guy' rather than pretty boy Ray. As I got older and more informed - especially after reading 4 Kings - I realised how he had risen up and done it the hard way. Massive respect.

A true warrior, awesome fighter and a top bloke. One of the best ever.

RIP champ
    I agree lets keep this a tribute to a great fighter.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"This is K and this is O"

(Before SRL fight)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rest in Peace Marvin. Terribly sad news. @Denilson 3.0 , show some respect and put it on the Vaccine thread if you must, ya fucking nonce.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

RIP Tributes pour in for ‘Marvelous’ Marvin Hagler who died aged 66, with Lennox Lewis saying he is ‘stunned’, while UFC begin their show by paying respects to boxing icon

Former undisputed heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis was among many left stunned by the death of ‘Marvelous’ Marvin Hagler, who has died at the age of 66.

Hagler’s wife, Kay, announced the news on Saturday, writing on the official Marvelous Marvin Hagler Fan Club Facebook page: “I am sorry to make a very sad announcement. Today unfortunately my beloved husband Marvelous Marvin passed away unexpectedly at his home here in New Hampshire.”

Hagler won 13 undisputed middleweight title fights, the fifth-most in boxing history and ruled the division from 1979.

His 1985 fight with Thomas Hearns was named ‘Fight of the Year’ by Ring Magazine, despite it only lasting three rounds and was dethroned following a controversial defeat by Sugar Ray Leonard in April 1987.

“I’m simply stunned to hear the news of Marvelous Marvin Hagler,” Lewis tweeted. “Not only was he a living legend, but I was proud to call him my friend. He was so full of life, energy and positivity in our conversations that you would never guess what a wrecking machine he was in the ring.

“Our wives would speak on the phone to connect us and I’ll miss his voice saying ‘It’s Marvelous’ on the other end of the line. We were anxiously looking forward to seeing him at our League of Champions Boxing Camp when it reopened.

“This one hits so hard also because he was the one I emulated my own training camps after when I saw how seriously he took his training camps. The world is one great man less today.”

Eleven-time world champion Oscar De La Hoya said he was ‘saddened’ by the news, adding: “One of the greatest to ever step in the ring!”

Veteran ring announcer, Michael Buffer, meanwhile added he was ‘crushed’.

“He was, in his prime, pound-for-pound the best, going 11 years in 38 fights without defeat. He dominated the middleweight division for a decade!”

And in America, as the UFC begun their broadcast, former heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier spoke about what he meant to him growing up.

“Marvin Hagler was a part of my childhood. Watching him against Sugar Ray and Tommy Hearns, which still may be the greatest short fight in the history of combat sports, it’s a very sad day for the boxing community.”

During his storied career, Hagler was only knocked down once and defended his middleweight crown 12 times.

In September 1980, he fought Alan Minter at Wembley Stadium, winning by a stoppage in the third round – after the British boxer was badly cut – to claim his first world title.

His brutal three rounds against Hearns in Las Vegas became known as ‘The War’.

Then, in 1987, Hagler took on Leonard, a boxer who had retired twice and not fought for almost three years.

Sugar Ray took victory on a split decision, and then retired immediately again afterwards, with Hagler denied a rematch.

Hagler himself retired from boxing in June 1988, with a record of 62 wins, two draws and three defeats.

In 2019, he said he hoped in his lifetime the sport would return to one world champion per division

“They have these three or four belts, I was only looking for one. Years ago, guys like Carlos Monzon, Bennie Briscoe, Emile Griffith, all of us were fighting for one belt.

“Now you’ve got the WBA, the WBC, the IBF (and the WBO) – they say it’s like the alphabet boys.

“If [a fighter] loses a fight or loses a belt, they can always go to another organisation and try for that belt.

“It should be exciting if they bring back one champion [per division].”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/8...s-twitter-ufc/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had to re-watch the Hagler v Hearns fight again to show my kids what a man he was. Insane fight and showed you what a true warrior he was. Granite chin, had to win the hard way and came out on top when it looked like he was going to lose.

I always thought he retired and lived in Italy. Was staggered he had passed away. After he retired people said he mellowed and was a genuinely nice guy.

During his fighting days I am sure no one wanted to get on the wrong side of him. He built up an intense hatred for his opponent and wanted to destroy and humiliate them. Hagler beat top Philly fighters and avenged his losses in the 1970's where he was a quick and solid southpaw. Probably his best boxing years even before he became champ.

When he rightfully became champ, no one was going to take it away easily. Only age and injuries slowed him down as he went through his challengers. So many great fights and one of the best middleweights if not the best. Up there with Grebb, Monzon, Robinson and Hopkins.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me end with a positive note. What fighters - What a fight - What a photo.

I find it interesting that pretty much everyone whose anyone in boxing has offered their condolences or tweeted about Hagler......Bar Sugar Ray Leonard.

His silence is deafening.

I know they didn't get on before, during and after their fight in 87 but even Ali and Frazier kinda put their beef to one side before they met the big man in the sky.

But one of the most things I admire about Hagler is that he went out AT THE VERY TOP and never came bk. Ray Leonard, Duran. Hearns, De La Hoya. Roy Jones, Ali, Ray Robinson and many more greats can't say same the thing
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 03-15-2021 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brilliant Documentary here, one of the toughest fighters I've ever seen.
    Sad news

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fighter great Champion gone too soon. R.I.P. champ.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Dia bando yes Rich very weird how how Joe and you and me and Al were talking about Hagler yesterday. I still feel shocked because 66 is so young and I saw an interview with him last summer and he looked in really good shape and very alert and very bright eyed and healthy. They're saying he died suddenly.

After I just read Master's post, it kind of broke me up a little and also after seeing what Lennox said about him too.

Hagler is right in there for me as one of the most intimidating fighters you could ever look across the ring at. I can't picture a middleweight in history who could whip this guy.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike Tyson pays touching tribute to Marvin Hagler after calling boxing icon ‘one of best warriors’ following death at 66

Middleweight legend Hagler sadly passed away on the weekend, as his wife Kay confirmed the sad news on social media.

The boxing world mourned the death of one of the most iconic fighters to ever live.

Promoters Bob Arum and Eddie Hearn, Oscar De La Hoya, Gennady Golovkin and many more paid tribute.

And former heavyweight Mike Tyson was among those, as he took to Twitter to pay his respect.

Tyson, 54, wrote: "Marvin Hagler was one of the best warriors in the sport. Condolences to his family. He will be missed."

Sugar Ray Leonard - who famously beat Hagler in a hotly contested points decision 1987 - was another to post an emotional tribute to the American.

Leonard, 64, wrote: "I was really in shock yesterday after hearing the news of Hagler, it hit me hard. We had just the utmost respect for each other!

"Marvin Hagler had every ingredient that it takes to be a great champion. Marvin, you are definitely gone too soon, but you will forever live on as one of the greats!

"Thoughts and prayers to the entire Hagler family."

Hagler reigned as the undisputed middleweight world champion between 1980 and 1987.

He was part of the iconic 'four kings era' in the 1980s alongside Leonard, Roberto Duran and Tommy Hearns.

A boxing Hall of Famer, Hagler was named Fighter of the Decade (1980s) by Boxing Illustrated and twice named Fighter of the Year (1983 & 1985) by The Ring magazine.

He legally changed his name to 'Marvelous' in 1982, after becoming annoyed that American commentators were not using his nickname.
    Regarded as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters ever, while his stunning record of 52 KOs in 62 wins see him ranked among boxing's heaviest hitters.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14344...-boxing-death/

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler

Kay Hagler posted on his fan page his death is not covid or vaccine related.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler

Reading what SRL wrote is also touching; gone too soon. Utmost respect.

Thread Information