https://www.boxingscene.com/glenn-mc...llenge--156324

"Glenn McCrory: Roy Jones Fight is My Biggest Challenge"

Is this a new "niche" in boxing? Are we going to be having all these old dudes come back into the boxing ring, under the guise of an exhibition... or whatever else they want to call it... and pass it off as televised entertainment?

Is boxing really that bad off that we need to have this ever-growing number of "fights" between old fogies?

Maybe the 2013 movie "Grudge Match" was a precursor of things to come in real life. Part of me is willing to wager that Stallone comes back with yet another film in which he laces up the gloves... "Creed" movies notwithstanding.

Hey... I got no problem with this Glenn McCrory (who?) wanting to come back and be able to say to his grandkids that he mixed it up with the great Roy Jones Jr. in the ring.

But can't they do this at a local gym or at somebody's backyard?

This much is true. I've got NO DESIRE to ever watch RJJ in the ring again. Shit... I was pretty much against the exhibition with Mike Tyson since it was planned.

Out of morbid curiosity, I watched it... and about the only takeaway I got from it was that Tyson is still in pretty good shape... and that Tyson took it as the meaningless exhibition (for charity) that it was... while Jones ridiculously talked a bit more seriously about it, apparently forgetting the fact that Tyson could've blown him away within 10 seconds of the first round.

This shit wouldn't be so bad, except that the "exhibition bug" seems to have bitten even some young, unproven, still-rising fighters (ie: Ryan Garcia) who basically should STFU about fighting exhibitions with Pacquiao or anybody else... and dedicate himself to continuing to develop his own career. Seems this instant gratification mentality where you win a couple of high-profile fights and all of a sudden you're boxing royalty, is all the rage nowadays.