Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default De La Hoya to return on July 3

Opponent yet unamed but he says he also wants Mayweather rematch

Oscar De La Hoya, 48, said Friday in Las Vegas that he will be making his boxing comeback on July 3. De La Hoya made the surprise announcement at a news conference at the Venetian for upstart promoter Triller Fight Club. Snoop Dogg was also in attendance.
    De La Hoya — who has been discussing a return to boxing for a long time — will be looking to fight at a large venue in Texas, possibly AT&T Stadium, Ryan Kavanaugh, the CEO of Triller parent company Proxima Media, told ESPN. Kavanaugh told Yahoo Sports that De La Hoya’s goal is to fight Floyd Mayweather, while telling ESPN a fight against a big-name UFC fight also is possible.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/27/oscar-...ack-on-july-3/
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: De La Hoya to return on July 3

Exhibitions, lock downs and bareknuckle fighting seems the world has gone mad recently.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He’s either lost the plot or he’s skint. Either is entirely plausible.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Well, cocaine is expensive" - Dana White
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well his last fight did go really well didn't it?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See it more a promotional stunt for fledgling Golden Boy Productions. Think about it...exactly who does Oscar have as a top current-future star. We saw Ortiz last week who did great numbers and Oscar couldn't resist talking comeback up there. He'll do one of these co promotion Triller freak show 'fights' and nothing serious as far as legit return.

It's the type of gimmick name grabbing stuff Dazn churned out with Youtube personalities and ex NBA players etc. Pure shiny shams.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 03-29-2021 at 12:21 AM.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    See it more a promotional stunt for fledgling Golden Boy Productions. Think about it...exactly who does Oscar have as a top current-future star. We saw Ortiz last week who did great numbers and Oscar couldn't resist talking comeback up there. He'll do one of these co promotion Triller freak show 'fights' and nothing serious as far as legit return.

It's the type of gimmick name grabbing stuff Dazn churned out with Youtube personalities and ex NBA players etc. Pure shiny shams.

You may have stumbled upon something there. Former athletes from different sports getting in on the action. Just like the golf pro-ams where celebrities are paired up with professional golfers in some kind of hybrid competition... maybe boxing can take that up also.

Think Bill Murray (still alive?) lacing them up for an exhibition against some bloated, retired ex-boxer. Ok, ok... Bill's not an athlete. But he DID appear in Space Jam with Michael Jordan and personified both a golfer AND a basketball player.

Huh? Huh?

The possibilities are endless, with crossovers of all sorts. You got guys like Shaquille O'Neal, Michael Strahan (NFL)... guys still reasonably young who could probably duke it out for a few rounds against some 60-year old retired boxer.

I think we're entering a new era, folks.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think when DLH started GBP his intentions were honest. Somewhere along the line he turned -just like people who become politicians - many IMO have sincere intentions to do good. Then something happens.

They become the thing they once detested the most.
    Literally.

Reading DLH talking comeback in a time of a bad economy, diva boxers, diva promoters, he' IMO is now the epitome of a leech. With that said, have no problem with someone beating the fishnets off him.
    Again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    I think when DLH started GBP his intentions were honest. Somewhere along the line he turned -just like people who become politicians - many IMO have sincere intentions to do good. Then something happens.

They become the thing they once detested the most.
    Literally.

Reading DLH talking comeback in a time of a bad economy, diva boxers, diva promoters, he' IMO is now the epitome of a leech. With that said, have no problem with someone beating the fishnets off him.
    Again.
    I recall attending a wedding years ago on July 3rd and I regretted it for what seems a lifetime and since Oscar retired I have been even more less of a fan than when he fought Tito and when he was handed gift decisions and now we have his face to contend with again?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing fans want Oscar De La Hoya’s comeback fight to be ‘stopped’ after ‘train wreck’ appearance on Paul vs Askren show.

BOXING fans have called for Oscar De La Hoya's comeback fight to be axed following his appearance on the Jake Paul vs Ben Askren broadcast.

The former six-weight world champion joined the Triller broadcast team ahead of Frank Mir's clash with former cruiserweight king Steve Cunningham.

And shortly after he came on the desk, it became apparent he wasn't completely sound of mind.

The 48-year-old slurred his words at times and repeated himself throughout the fight.

And his car crash appearance sparked some fans to call for his proposed July 3 comeback to be scrapped.
    One tweeted: "Oscar De La Hoya is one of my all-time favorites.

"He needs to be drug tested immediately by any athletic commission that is about to sanction him so that his comeback fight can be stopped.

"He has a real problem if he can't stay sober for a night of live broadcast wk.

"Think about how bad Oscar's well-documented addictions must be flaring up right now if he can't stay sober for one night of planned broadcast work, while in training camp for a fight."

Another said: "Oscar De La Hoya needs to fight substance use before he gets back in the ring."

One concerned fan predicted a bad return for The Golden Boy, saying: "Oscar De La Hoya gonna lose his comeback fight.

Another concerned viewer remarked: "De La Hoya better not drink this much before his comeback fight."
    When asked about his comeback, an out-of-sorts De La Hoya - who has openly talked about his substance abuse in the past - said: "You can expect a f***ing real fight. A real fight.

"Whoever I pick to be my opponent. You bet your ass that I'm gonna be the best motherf****r out there.

"I always fought the very best, and I'm proud of that. And whoever it is, I've been retired for 14 years.

"But guess what I'm pick the very best."

He added: "I don't care who it is.

"I will fight until the end, I will bleed until the end. And I will go down to the end."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14684...t-paul-askren/

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A couple of reviews on this vid got me wondering; a few stated since Canelo is gone, he's the only one he thinks can be the star attraction for GBP.

I blame Tyson & Jones Jr for this.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I blame the you tubers. Wish they faced real boxers who would destroy them in seconds. Their fights are jokes and old retired fighters think they can jump on the gravy train.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DRINK IT IN Oscar De La Hoya explains Triller commentary nightmare which left fans worried and admits he’d had ‘a couple drinks’

BOXING legend Oscar De La Hoya explained his commentary nightmare on Triller and admitted he had 'a couple drinks'.

De La Hoya shocked and worried fans as he called a fight between ex-UFC champion Frank Mir and Steve Cunningham.

And with the 48-year-old set for a comeback fight in July, stunned viewers called on the American to CANCEL his return.

But De La Hoya assured fans he got 'carried away' and is now focusing on training.

He told DAZN: "I got a little into it, started having a couple drinks.

"Then they told me, 'Why don't you go and commentate?' I got a little carried away and I apologise.

"But it's all good. I'm back in beast mode. It's on, baby."

De La Hoya is making his comeback on Triller, a social media rival to TikTok.

Backed by billionaire film producer Ryan Kavanaugh, the pay-per-view promotion want an ex-UFC star to face the 'Golden Boy'.

Eddie Alvarez, who lost the lightweight title to Conor McGregor in 2016, revealed he was in talks with Triller to fight De La Hoya.

Alvarez, 37, told ESPN: "Recently we've been hearing from Oscar De La Hoya's guys.

"I'm fixated on the ONE championship belt, I'm laser-focused on getting my world title.

"I think there's going to be a lull for a bit, if that happens I'd love to get in there and mix it up with him.

"That'd be a hell of a fight, I'd do pretty damn good against him. I'd be crazy excited to fight him.

"They're serious. They want a get a deal done this week."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14725...riller-drinks/

Thread Information