Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  42
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 114

Thread: New York City is becoming scary

Share/Bookmark
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,525
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    119
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: New York City is becoming scary

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Whelp, on a positive note NY has now legalized recreational use of the Devils cabbage . Maybe they should direct some of the guaranteed millions to come in collected taxes to mental health programs. And maybe some porta johns for guys like that one nasty fella.

    We had more shootings in the Quarter around Bourbon St..the tourist mecca of the City. Drive me crazy when I see these wide eyed tourist come down and the very first thing is LETS GO DOWNTOWN. Um, no.
    @Spicoli bro, last year we spent 9 days in downtown over there in the French Quarter, the Garden District, walked around over there behind the Superdome, some tough areas back there, I hear what youre saying --- definitely do not go downtown! And whats with those dudes out there by the riverboat docks? Gotta watch your ass out there but the PO BOYS WERE DELICIOUS, COULDNT STOP.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,192
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1783
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: New York City is becoming scary

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Violent crimes are absolutely rampant and off the charts in New York City now, and largely due to a huge loss, even pre-covid, of residents, leaving a huge vacuum in neighborhoods and a huge spike in violent crime: Without the reason to work there, lessens the reason to live there. Add the crime and cost of leaving. Retail collapse. NYC will never come back after all of them riots and the looting of the stores has caused alot of business owners to go to other cities where they don't have to worry about paying the high property taxes. Too many assaults, shootings, rapes, etc. Huge spike. Asswipes with charts and graphs have never even lived in the city haha, make us laugh and wouldnt survive 1 month there, if that.


    One little pandemic isn't going to reverse centuries of urban agglomeration.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,291
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    490
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: New York City is becoming scary

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    From a probation point of view, as an ex-felon who killed his own mother, ya gotta wonder about the system here: @Master just curious if this works differently in the UK. In your extensive experience, where was the parole officer here? What could have been done better in this case in your opinion?

    This is one of the few times where I would bring racial/resolve or racism into question.

    I've lost track of how many white Americans are able to use the justice system to claim mental health, therefore sent to instutions outside of incarceration, while minorities typically are sent to prison without mental health evaluation.

    When someone kills their own mother, that person would seem either beyond evil or sick emotionally/mentally.

    One of too many examples- the 2 girls in wisconsin who killed over the internet's slender man.


    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...ppeal-72329368
    Geyser pleaded guilty to attempted first-degree intentional homicide in a deal with prosecutors to avoid prison. She was found not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect.


    Now please take a look at the one girl in court. Why is she in street clothes? So often my people are in that orange suit.
    This was almost a decade ago & the family of the girl who got stabbed are just now getting justice?


    In other words, I think right wing media plays a great role in pointing at parole officers, parole period. Right wing think tanks like Heritage foundation are always attacking parole system.

    I dont know the % of the paroled that do well versus % that commit again, but I do know often mental health issues are almost always reserved for whites, not sure about Albanians sir!



    The two girls are now serving a combined 65 years in a mental hospital for the brutal stabbing, which missed Leutner’s heart by just a fraction of an inch.


    I'm not saying the guy in this video deserves a mental hospital as much as I question the system as well, but from a different perspective- how parole officer(s) are supposed to have such insight z(alone).

    New York is a boiling point for mental disease, spiritually sickened, raped, abused, molested.

    Lord only knows what issues you dealt with- and had you or if you/me snap who will look at our past to see if something triggered us?
    We know the records of District Attornies across the country are limited -& some dont even seem to care. If you/me had money for a good attorney- we might get the psychiatric ward, but with so many poor, I can imagine guys like the sicko in this video just get released & continue their rampage in society.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 04-08-2021 at 07:17 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,157
    Mentioned
    1601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2845
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: New York City is becoming scary

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Serious Further Offences (SFO) happen and are independently investigated to ensure they do not happen again and lessons are learnt.

    Probation officers can never be 100% certain and they have to risk assess the offender. They have to make sure they have provided defensible decisions on their actions. Hard job especially when you are working with high risk prisoners.
    @Master awesome answer and thanks for the expertise on this one. I just found it nuts he killed his mom and ony served 9 out of a 10 year sentence and is back on the streets without any probationary programs.
    They would come out on a licence for the remainder of the sentence.

    They would have been assessed in prison for parole but if they are due to come out then you have to set conditions where they have to reintegrate into the community. If they fail to meet these activities you can recall them.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,525
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    119
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: New York City is becoming scary

    Precisely. And the whole probation system needs to be looked at immediately

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,525
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    119
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: New York City is becoming scary

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Serious Further Offences (SFO) happen and are independently investigated to ensure they do not happen again and lessons are learnt.

    Probation officers can never be 100% certain and they have to risk assess the offender. They have to make sure they have provided defensible decisions on their actions. Hard job especially when you are working with high risk prisoners.
    @Master awesome answer and thanks for the expertise on this one. I just found it nuts he killed his mom and ony served 9 out of a 10 year sentence and is back on the streets without any probationary programs.
    They would come out on a licence for the remainder of the sentence.

    They would have been assessed in prison for parole but if they are due to come out then you have to set conditions where they have to reintegrate into the community. If they fail to meet these activities you can recall them.
    I see. It must be a tough decision for somebody to make whether or not they feel the person has reintegrated into the community. What do you do in the case that the person becomes homeless and is living in a shelter? Is that considered to be reintegrated into the community? It's a tough call because the person may need some time to get a place to live and find a job @Master

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,157
    Mentioned
    1601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2845
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: New York City is becoming scary

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Precisely. And the whole probation system needs to be looked at immediately
    Reality is the prisons are over populated over here in the UK and there is pressure on probation staff to not recall people which can lead to these SFO's.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,525
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    119
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: New York City is becoming scary

    scumbag new yorker arrested after 3 (THREE) Asian attacks in Brooklyn etc over the past month.....


  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    41,746
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4863
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: New York City is becoming scary

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Whelp, on a positive note NY has now legalized recreational use of the Devils cabbage . Maybe they should direct some of the guaranteed millions to come in collected taxes to mental health programs. And maybe some porta johns for guys like that one nasty fella.

    We had more shootings in the Quarter around Bourbon St..the tourist mecca of the City. Drive me crazy when I see these wide eyed tourist come down and the very first thing is LETS GO DOWNTOWN. Um, no.
    @Spicoli bro, last year we spent 9 days in downtown over there in the French Quarter, the Garden District, walked around over there behind the Superdome, some tough areas back there, I hear what youre saying --- definitely do not go downtown! And whats with those dudes out there by the riverboat docks? Gotta watch your ass out there but the PO BOYS WERE DELICIOUS, COULDNT STOP.
    You came last year it must've been deserted with so many places closed. You ventured beyond the tracks around the old B.W cooper huh . Like any large concrete jungle, there is good and bad. I tend to shat on the City but it's not all bad 24-7. But what I've found now is in a way it used to be that people 'went to the crime'. Certain areas, blocks and Parishes you knew to skirt etc. Now though the crime has started to come to the people. The Quarter specifically. Like a targeted tourist trap. Much as I hate to say it, pre covid you saw young dudes on bikes going through side streets wearing bandanas you had a heads up. Now though everyone is masked and gloved. Really bizarre. Car jackings have like tripled, robberies, home invasions etc. Can't go wrong with the Po boys, Crabby Jacks or Guys was my go to. Mothers did this insane roast beef with a coffee/gravy with slaw topped with an egg. Bahn Mi too, fookin favorite currently.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,525
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    119
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: New York City is becoming scary

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Whelp, on a positive note NY has now legalized recreational use of the Devils cabbage . Maybe they should direct some of the guaranteed millions to come in collected taxes to mental health programs. And maybe some porta johns for guys like that one nasty fella.

    We had more shootings in the Quarter around Bourbon St..the tourist mecca of the City. Drive me crazy when I see these wide eyed tourist come down and the very first thing is LETS GO DOWNTOWN. Um, no.
    @Spicoli bro, last year we spent 9 days in downtown over there in the French Quarter, the Garden District, walked around over there behind the Superdome, some tough areas back there, I hear what youre saying --- definitely do not go downtown! And whats with those dudes out there by the riverboat docks? Gotta watch your ass out there but the PO BOYS WERE DELICIOUS, COULDNT STOP.
    You came last year it must've been deserted with so many places closed. You ventured beyond the tracks around the old B.W cooper huh . Like any large concrete jungle, there is good and bad. I tend to shat on the City but it's not all bad 24-7. But what I've found now is in a way it used to be that people 'went to the crime'. Certain areas, blocks and Parishes you knew to skirt etc. Now though the crime has started to come to the people. The Quarter specifically. Like a targeted tourist trap. Much as I hate to say it, pre covid you saw young dudes on bikes going through side streets wearing bandanas you had a heads up. Now though everyone is masked and gloved. Really bizarre. Car jackings have like tripled, robberies, home invasions etc. Can't go wrong with the Po boys, Crabby Jacks or Guys was my go to. Mothers did this insane roast beef with a coffee/gravy with slaw topped with an egg. Bahn Mi too, fookin favorite currently.
    @Spicoli We got lucky it was January 2020, still hoppin'! Right before covid. Those Lemonade Grenade drinks were everywhere. Never got to try one, was too busy eating Po Boys and fried oysters. We walked from the Greyhound Station to Taylor Park, it was pretty rough around there. I think we were close to those projects you are talking about. Sucks about the jackings and invasions. Something has to get better soon FFS.
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 04-09-2021 at 04:14 AM.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,525
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    119
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: New York City is becoming scary


  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,291
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    490
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: New York City is becoming scary

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Precisely. And the whole probation system needs to be looked at immediately
    The heritage foundation has stated that since 1988.

    I would think we've had enough politicians on both sides of the aisle to have done more than just look at it.

    https://www.heritage.org/testimony/t...imum-sentences

    "The U.S. Sentencing Commission, federal judges, and Congress should consider the purpose of the federal criminal justice system when considering mandatory minimum sentences."



    For me I think just the opposite, they are supposed to consider the purpose for incarceration as it relates to the centuries old fable: to rehabilitate aka prepare them to re-enter society.

    Case in point:


    Remember our Adam Sandler's cheerleaders? This aint no gosh darn rehabilitation. Its the faggotization of the penal system.



    And the conservative Heritage foundation found reasons to claim privatizing prisons would be best- it made money for those invested in it, but look at the resolve from their thesis - back in 1988, well its 2021, how has privatization benefited the American people?

    Somehow in the end, rehabilitation is not a apart of the failure, its the parole system alone being discussed.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 04-09-2021 at 11:36 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,291
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    490
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: New York City is becoming scary

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Precisely. And the whole probation system needs to be looked at immediately
    https://www.heritage.org/political-p...-privatization


    To me their thesis starts off in the faggiest of ways: America has been getting tougher on lawbreakers. This is something that the public long has been demanding. The problem it creates, however, is a shortage of prison capacity to hold the increased numbers of convicted criminals. This has led to: prison overcrowding, sometimes prompting court actions against penal systems; rapidly rising operational outlays; and taxpayer resistance to the cost of new prisons.


    Let us deal with prison over-crowding as opposed to why the so called most civilized nation on earth has the biggest incarceration problem, well no wonder parole hasn't worked.

    I ask one response in particular- lets say you snap, and lose it ( I pray you die as you are- a strong man) ok, now to some you look white.

    But as soon as you open your mouth- you really think Newsmax, OAN, FOX will give a damn that you voted Trump? That you are pro life? Pro gun? Or would they use that thick ass accent and call U a muslim from the middle east! Skip if you ever opened a Koran up- by the time the truth is out- you've been incarcerated & have to deal with the effects of whichever penal system you've entered. Driving you either crazier, sexually challenged or both!

    And who is gonna hire you?

    They're waiting for you to fuck up with the odds against you- and decry- this is what parole does.

    @NoSavingByTheBell snapped & whooped 8 people in the cereal aisle cause they laughed at you claiming soggy cereal is ok-

    9 months later after release- they put you on pyschotropics , melorel tegritol, carbamazipine, oxycontin- then when hooked - repubs cut the funding to your outbasis clinic- and you're jittering...at the check out in the grocer & hear someone crack a joke on cheese at Mrizi i Zanave...what kind a camel jock eats that?
    You break out a six pack of whoopazz.

    Shit U didnt mean to, you're now hooked legally on drugs, had it snatched away and all the childhood memories came back to ya, cause the guy crackin' on your Smoked Meat & Cheese Mrizi i Zanave ---looked just like him - so you- now ya back in a cell.

    Labeled as an Albanian cereal terrorist. sitting their rocking back in forth like you done lost yo' damn mind when the t.v. calls you a 'serial' terrorist.
    Why serial asks Tucker Carlson? cause parole systenm is the failiure alone.



    I agree with you dude, It has failed, but am I to start and end there? or do I consider how we became the largest nation housing criminals & the mentally ill combined?
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 04-09-2021 at 11:41 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,291
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    490
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: New York City is becoming scary

    https://www.foxnews.com/health/one-i...chiatric-drugs


    One in Five American Adults Takes Psychiatric Drugs
    --FOX news

    "The medicating of Americans for mental illnesses continued to grow over the past decade, with one in five adults now taking at least one psychiatric drug such as antidepressants, antipsychotics and anti-anxiety medications, according to an analysis of pharmacy claims data released Wednesday."


    They start our kids off on it via ritlin. We got 3 generations now of adults that started doing legal drugs via
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...pending-in-us/

    There have been 6.4 million children ages 4 through 17 who have received an ADHD- the resolve- put them on a drug.

    LOS ANGELES, July 11, 2017 Greater than eight million American children and adolescents are prescribed psychoactive drugs, with more than two million on antidepressants, that are documented to be linked to violent and suicidal behavior


    Back in the 1990s I had some data on the increase of spending on supposed mental health for kids- our public schools in the 1960s spent less than a billion. Buy the 1990s it increased to over $11 billion funding. How? Why? How is it the more advanced we become the crazier we become?

    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300486161.html

    How many of those kids from the 1980s became the screwed up adults in Y2K? Add on another generation.


    Add on the influx of illegal drugs- mainly in central cities like Miami, Chicago case in point: New York City.

    Add on the increase in cases of molestation in catholic church (billions of dollars of booty-pillage)
    "Catholic Church Used Bankruptcy for Sexual-Assault Cases. Now Others Are Following Suit. Catholic dioceses and related entities have paid out nearly $4 billion in costs linked to about 19,000 sexual-abuse allegations,"
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-...est-bankruptcy


    The Boy scouts supposedly there to make boys to men instead ruining the souls & minds of the impressionable.
    "A long-running sexual abuse scandal that has prompted the Boy Scouts of America to consider bankruptcy"
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/07/u...%20its%20files.

    Then add on the influx of guns (over 400 million accessible)
    https://www.guns.com/news/2020/11/17...-ars-150m-mags
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,291
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    490
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: New York City is becoming scary

    So if ya got several thousand abused by their clergy.

    Another several thousand abused by their cub scout leader.

    Add on several more thousand that were told as kids they had problems that could only be solved by a pill, or two.

    Privatize prisons so that inmates are constantly shipped out of state to ensure maximum capacity- let them beat each other, booty plunder each other.
    & then-
    Watch the manufacturting jobs of their predecessors dry up, technology based is outsourced, unemployment as a result rises.

    Then saturate neighborhoods with illegal dope, illegal guns, bang bang shoot the fuck up video games, movies where the villian is now the best character to feed the psyche... what does that give you?

    For starters I'd wager to say oh, New York City.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. New York City
    By NoSavingByTheBell in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-24-2020, 09:42 AM
  2. New York City - still no place like it
    By brocktonblockbust in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-23-2016, 04:00 AM
  3. Pavlik - Taylor video from August 2nd at New York city
    By southakron314 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 06:15 PM
  4. X is going to New York City
    By X in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 10:47 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing