530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Benavidez and Uzcategui for Aug WBC 168-lb title eliminator

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2021/04...le-eliminator/

This excerpt got a chuckle out of me.

"Normally, this would be an excellent way for the 24-year-old Benavidez to force Canelo to fight him by beating Uzcategui (30-4, 25 KOs) to become the WBC mandatory.

Unfortunately for Benavidez, Canelo is also the Franchise champion with the WBC at 160, and that tag allows him to bypass any mandatories, no matter what weight class he’s in."

Yes... the dreaded Franchise belt. The WBC's equivalent of Monopoly's "Get out of Jail Free" card.

But I wouldn't sell the WBC short on this one. They'll find a way to avoid having Canelo face Benavidez in any number of ways.... just in case the Franchise tag is seen as too transparent for serious boxing fans to stomach.

Never underestimate the W(e) B(low) C(anelo) Sulaiman Mafia.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Benavidez and Uzcategui for Aug WBC 168-lb title eliminator

Not good.
    It's been awhile since his domination over Dirrell. I also fear he may have difficulty making weight.

I do admire how he doesn't badmouth Canelo into a fight. he is quietly knocking down every opponent these orgs are using to keep him from unification.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good thing about Benavidez is..... he's got all the time in the world.

He's younger than Canelo... and he's not exactly struggling to make 168.

Sooner or later the WBC (and Team Canelo) are going to run out of excuses.

I'll be waiting. BWAHAHAHA!!!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Benavidez is not the next Messiah who will beat the antichrist Canelo. I think you have created a superhero out of Benavidez when he is just an ordinary fighter and just a naughty boy.

I did the same thing with Callum Smith and he let me down. He was awful. Do not make the same mistake.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Benavidez is not the next Messiah who will beat the antichrist Canelo. I think you have created a superhero out of Benavidez when he is just an ordinary fighter and just a naughty boy.

I did the same thing with Callum Smith and he let me down. He was awful. Do not make the same mistake.
    So as long as Canelo comes straight ahead like he did 3G last time out, this will be a barn burner!! I'm actually not sure of the victor. Canelo isn't old, but he isn't young either.

I think he has the tools to outbox Benavidez, but will he do that? In the end I agree he isn't a masterful performer, but he sure is entertaining!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

So as long as Canelo comes straight ahead like he did 3G last time out, this will be a barn burner!! I'm actually not sure of the victor. Canelo isn't old, but he isn't young either.

I think he has the tools to outbox Benavidez, but will he do that? In the end I agree he isn't a masterful performer, but he sure is entertaining!

Benavidez is not a messiah. But he's a tough, young, hard-punching, aggressive fighter who won't fight like Bambi in headlights... and will give Canelo something to think about as he comes forward.

Canelo's been blessed with ultra careful matchmaking, cherry picking at the higher weights, and all the comforts that are too many to enumerate and why beat on a dead horse.

He (Benavidez) may well lose to Canelo... who knows. Canelo seems to have found his ideal weight (16, where he can safely feed off the Yildirims of the world and only venture above or below 168 to pick off lame zebras.

But at least Benavidez will provide a real test... not a sacrificial lamb as the others have been.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Feels a bit like a screw job to keep Benavidez distracted. He already won an official wbc eliminator last month and at this point no doubt he will brutalize Uzcategui. Far be it from a stand up guy like Sulaiman to hope Benavidez somehow slips in proper motivation for another 'non big' opponent match up . It's on Benavidez to finish the year nose clean and showing top form. He can't go backwards from all the talk he did about beating Canelo on the same night and saying he'd knock him out etc. Papa Sulaiman just stalling him out..

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Benavidez is not a messiah. But he's a tough, young, hard-punching, aggressive fighter who won't fight like Bambi in headlights... and will give Canelo something to think about as he comes forward.

Canelo's been blessed with ultra careful matchmaking, cherry picking at the higher weights, and all the comforts that are too many to enumerate and why beat on a dead horse.

He (Benavidez) may well lose to Canelo... who knows. Canelo seems to have found his ideal weight (16, where he can safely feed off the Yildirims of the world and only venture above or below 168 to pick off lame zebras.

But at least Benavidez will provide a real test... not a sacrificial lamb as the others have been.
    why didn't david go after callum or billy joe since super middle is so safe to feed off? who has david fought? nobody
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

why didn't david go after callum or billy joe since super middle is so safe to feed off? who has david fought? nobody

You feel David is ducking or cherry-picking?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he just has a very weak record at this stage. if super middle contained the yildirims of the world as you say i would have thought one of these undefeated fighters would have been able to start cleaning the division out. instead canelo is the one doing it while the others sing mr bigs next to be with you
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he just has a very weak record at this stage. if super middle contained the yildirims of the world as you say i would have thought one of these undefeated fighters would have been able to start cleaning the division out. instead canelo is the one doing it while the others sing mr bigs next to be with you

Yeah, Benavidez's record is not all that. To be fair, he's still young and rising. Time will tell, really. There's absolutely no reason in the world that these two (David and Canelo) shouldn't get together. Based on past history, though. I tend to believe Canelo and the ever-protecting WBC will find a way to postpone that until there is a "crack in the armor" of some sort.

Not saying Canelo isn't good or improving. But all we've had throughout his career are carefully picked opponents, with all the chips stacked in Canelo's favor. This Saunders guy is just another sacrificial lamb who couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag. Save for a precious few credible, unhampered opponents, like Jacobs... they've all been cherry-picked. Golovkin was credible, but got robbed. Callum was thought to be a threat... and gave probably the worst, piss-poor performance of his career.

Canelo is finally at his weight (or so we are led to believe). He won't go up for Beterbiev, nor down for Charlo. So great. Stay at 168. But don't put off Benavidez for too long.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, Benavidez's record is not all that. To be fair, he's still young and rising. Time will tell, really. There's absolutely no reason in the world that these two (David and Canelo) shouldn't get together. Based on past history, though. I tend to believe Canelo and the ever-protecting WBC will find a way to postpone that until there is a "crack in the armor" of some sort.

Not saying Canelo isn't good or improving. But all we've had throughout his career are carefully picked opponents, with all the chips stacked in Canelo's favor. This Saunders guy is just another sacrificial lamb who couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag. Save for a precious few credible, unhampered opponents, like Jacobs... they've all been cherry-picked. Golovkin was credible, but got robbed. Callum was thought to be a threat... and gave probably the worst, piss-poor performance of his career.

Canelo is finally at his weight (or so we are led to believe). He won't go up for Beterbiev, nor down for Charlo. So great. Stay at 168. But don't put off Benavidez for too long.
    there has already been cracks shown in david. so is it a precious few credible opponents or they've all been cherry picked? can't be both. callum was one of the three guys you listed that you wanted canelo to face. artur is at light heavy he should be targeting dmitry. i think canelo ices artur right now but you'll be able to use the age excuse if the fight happens. jermall is at middle & could find work with demetrius or gennady. canelo could unify super middle within a year. no many others are following suit. i'd like to see canelo fight david but at this stage it would be an easy fight for canelo & then you would be talking about david in the same way you are talking about callum

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He doesn't really think Benavidez can beat Alvarez. But he needs someone to hate on Alvarez with. Normally he would go with a Puerto Rican hype job. But he can't. The top middleweight Puerto Rican fighters are Carlos Hernandez and Hector Morla. Hernandez is 15-23. Morla (who's already 30) is 1-1-1. No go there. At 168 Puerto Rico's top fighter is the 0-7 Jose Leon. To his credit only 1 of those 7 losses is by knock out. But still nothing happening there. Yeah the youngster Berlanga is there. But no way he dares mentioning he should fight Alvarez. At Light Heavyweight Vincent Miranda is there at 18-2. But those 2 losses are by knock out to a 9-16 fighter and a 5-6 fighter. But that's still not gonna work. Enter David Benavidez. A fighter he dislikes but he needs someone.
    Last edited by Rotten Apple; 04-26-2021 at 08:19 AM.
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten Apple View Post

He doesn't really think Benavidez can beat Alvarez. But he needs someone to hate on Alvarez with. Normally he would go with a Puerto Rican hype job. But he can't. The top middleweight Puerto Rican fighters are Carlos Hernandez and Hector Morla. Hernandez is 15-23. Morla (who's already 30) is 1-1-1. No go there. At 168 Puerto Rico's top fighter is the 0-7 Jose Leon. To his credit only 1 of those 7 losses is by knock out. But still nothing happening there. Yeah the youngster Berlanga is there. But no way he dares mentioning he should fight Alvarez. At Light Heavyweight Vincent Miranda is there at 18-2. But those 2 losses are by knock out to a 9-16 fighter and a 5-6 fighter. But that's still not gonna work. Enter David Benavidez. A fighter he dislikes but he needs someone.

You're so full of shit you're hardly worth responding to. Bravo for mentioning some insignificant scrubs I've never even heard about. Only you would even bother mentioning someone who's 30 years old and 1-1-1. Yeah... we're not exactly buzzing at 168... so what else is new, sport? You seem to surface once in a while, to take pot shots for some unknown reason. Yet every time I slam your theories you slink back into obscurity.

I dislike Benavidez? Based on what? Dredge up some obscure, insignificant comment of mine from some other thread, did you?

Yo man... I've encountered SoCal/East LA/wannabe Mex trash-talking before... and it hasn't gone well for them either. If my not being a fan of Canelo presents such a problem for you... I suggest you get some help.

And do us all a favor. Either build your arguments with facts instead of biased trash... or kindly STFU.

Capiche?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there has already been cracks shown in david. so is it a precious few credible opponents or they've all been cherry picked? can't be both. callum was one of the three guys you listed that you wanted canelo to face. artur is at light heavy he should be targeting dmitry. i think canelo ices artur right now but you'll be able to use the age excuse if the fight happens. jermall is at middle & could find work with demetrius or gennady. canelo could unify super middle within a year. no many others are following suit. i'd like to see canelo fight david but at this stage it would be an easy fight for canelo & then you would be talking about david in the same way you are talking about callum

Uhh... hence the sentence beginning with "Save for..."

English is my second language, but sometimes I have to wonder about some for whom it's the first language.

Thread Information