Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  295
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Who’s had the vaccine ? Side effects ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who’s had the vaccine ? Side effects ?

Who’s had it ?

When they announced over 45s could now have it on Monday I booked straight on and had to go to Bradford on Wednesday morning for it. Astra Zeneca one.

I was fine all day even trained in the evening, not even arm ache. Then woke up on fire about 2am shivering and banging head aching all over with high temperature. Yesterday was a write off couldn’t even move or watch TV even and just laid in dark.

Not great today still but better than I was. Hopefully out of my system by the weekend.

I’m a proper unit too so wtf.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who’s had the vaccine ? Side effects ?

I was exactly the same which was fine immediately after the vaccine and trained hard with no issues.

That night I had a temperature and could not sleep all night. The next day body was aching and had a sore arm.

Following day all fine and no issues.

It probably is a good thing you had a strong reaction as your antibodies are now able to handle the virus if you ever get it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is because you are relatively young and fit. I had the AZ and was fine on the day but felt a bit shit/Fluey the next day and then was fine. I have a compromised immune system anyway and so my fitness level is not great. A lot of people 60+ are having little to no side effects. As long as your headache goes you should be fine. If that persists for more than a couple days then it might be worth ringing 111 at least.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta say, and this is anecdotal as it’s just my personal experience and observation, but I was in the vax with the first responders and medical providers I saw a pretty high incidence of call outs and bad side effects to the jab, especially the second one. Personally I got very bad vertigo. It lasted for 18 hrs on the first dose three days on the second. I wasn’t the only case I saw of that but it doesn’t seem to be common. Then when it opened up to patients I saw a decent amount of bad reactions but less. And I’m talking some pretty sick people. Now that it’s available to everyone I’m seeing more people just fine after both shots. I guess it makes sense, the smaller the sample the more you see of the bad stuff. Seems like it’s mainly sore arms now. People were asking me about my experience since I was in the early round, I did tell them what happened but I played it down a bit. If you fill peoples head with something they may experience it but I didn’t want to lie and say it was fine. Sounds like I’ll be getting a booster soon. I’d prefer not to as that vertigo shit is a pain in the ass but I know it’ll be over in a few days if I do get it so what the hell.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had one about 7 weeks ago so will be having second one pretty soon i guess.
    No side affects at all.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had both Moderna shots about a month ago. Only side effects were a slight fever the day after each shot, and a lot of arm pain after the first shot. Had been warned about the side effects... so nothing much to worry about.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I have now read about some people been laid up 3-4 days after.

I'm just about through it now. Possibly still open to a counter punch from a weaker opponent, eg most men, whilst my reactions get back to normal but feeling much better. Hopefully no effects from 2nd Jab in July.

Had wanted the Pfizer but not sure that's an option now over here.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Yes I have now read about some people been laid up 3-4 days after.

I'm just about through it now. Possibly still open to a counter punch from a weaker opponent, eg most men, whilst my reactions get back to normal but feeling much better. Hopefully no effects from 2nd Jab in July.

Had wanted the Pfizer but not sure that's an option now over here.

July? Which vaccine is that? At least over here, the Moderna shots are 28 days apart... and the Pfizer ones are 21 days apart. Although from what I've read they've relaxed that time frame a bit.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Oxford-AstraZeneca is taken twice, at least 12 weeks apart to improve its efficacy.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Drug dealers go to jail for their crimes. Pharma goes to the bank for theirs. Sadly I don’t trust either our government agencies or the drug companies to be honest with us at this point, and there is no telling what this experimental gene therapy will actually do in the future years. How can you trust a drug when the people testing the drug are the SAME people making the drug and profiting from it? There's a HUGE conflict of interest. They're not vaccines people, they're genetic modification of the workings of the immune system. Personally know 3 people who had strokes 30 days after getting the vaxxx. Perfectly healthy before that. No thanks. Not for me. The positives they argue are extremely vague while the adverse effects are visible and clear. It's like Clint Eastwood and now the government is saying "Do You Feel Lucky Punk?".... experimental gene therapy is what it is. It does NOT introduce any pathogen to your body, like ALL vaccines have done.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Drug dealers go to jail for their crimes. Pharma goes to the bank for theirs. Sadly I don’t trust either our government agencies or the drug companies to be honest with us at this point, and there is no telling what this experimental gene therapy will actually do in the future years. How can you trust a drug when the people testing the drug are the SAME people making the drug and profiting from it? There's a HUGE conflict of interest. They're not vaccines people, they're genetic modification of the workings of the immune system. Personally know 3 people who had strokes 30 days after getting the vaxxx. Perfectly healthy before that. No thanks. Not for me. The positives they argue are extremely vague while the adverse effects are visible and clear. It's like Clint Eastwood and now the government is saying "Do You Feel Lucky Punk?".... experimental gene therapy is what it is. It does NOT introduce any pathogen to your body, like ALL vaccines have done.
    You personally know 3 people who had strokes 30 days after getting the vaccine? What all at 30 Days? That is a bit long after a shot to be counted as a side effect. Serious side effects like blood clots are really, really rare.

In the UK there are about 38 people who develop clots in every 25 Million vaccinated.

If you are worried about blood clots you are more than 8 times more likely to suffer from them if you get Covid 19 than if you don't get it.

There is literally nothing vague about the positives. This is widely documented and evidenced by massive falls in infection, transmission and serious illness in those who have been vaccinated. You are just making stuff up again when you claim it is some kind of random roulette.
    And actually yes it is a vaccine not experimental gene therapy. You are telling lies again when you claim that it does not introduce any pathogen into your body. That is exactly what it does like all vaccines. It uses a fragment instead of a whole or live virus but that protein fragment still trains the body in the same way as a traditional vaccine to fight the virus but in a far safer and more efficient way.

You voted for Bill Clinton and Donald Trump, you are hardly someone who doesn't trust the man . The very opposite.

To die on a hill in some sad anti PC anti vaxx virtue signalling protest would be a terrible waste. Stop living your life in trembling fear and get your shot.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mate , if you don’t want the Vaccine, fine. It’s a free World. But if you get Covid, please don’t come on here giving us all a RBR . I think I’d lose the will to live.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Mate , if you don’t want the Vaccine, fine. It’s a free World. But if you get Covid, please don’t come on here giving us all a RBR . I think I’d lose the will to live.
    How dare you talk shit about my Real Beer Reviews

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

COVID vaccines: Tens of thousands of “breakthrough” infections after shots
    CDC reports 25,900 COVID-19 infections and 274 deaths in fully vaccinated people

and thats just in the US..... and its only April.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The variants of the virus have already accumulated mutliple mutations that change its protein structure, and peoples' immune systems are already no longer recognizing them.

One big concern we are all seeing now is that these variants are escaping the immunity that we hope to acquire with immunization, so the antibodies that we have against specific targets are not working as effectively. They are already talking about a 3rd, 4th and 5th booster by September, December and February 2021.

Thread Information