Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  295
Dislikes Dislikes:  3

Thread: Who’s had the vaccine ? Side effects ?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who’s had the vaccine ? Side effects ?

Who’s had it ?

When they announced over 45s could now have it on Monday I booked straight on and had to go to Bradford on Wednesday morning for it. Astra Zeneca one.

I was fine all day even trained in the evening, not even arm ache. Then woke up on fire about 2am shivering and banging head aching all over with high temperature. Yesterday was a write off couldn’t even move or watch TV even and just laid in dark.

Not great today still but better than I was. Hopefully out of my system by the weekend.

I’m a proper unit too so wtf.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who’s had the vaccine ? Side effects ?

I was exactly the same which was fine immediately after the vaccine and trained hard with no issues.

That night I had a temperature and could not sleep all night. The next day body was aching and had a sore arm.

Following day all fine and no issues.

It probably is a good thing you had a strong reaction as your antibodies are now able to handle the virus if you ever get it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is because you are relatively young and fit. I had the AZ and was fine on the day but felt a bit shit/Fluey the next day and then was fine. I have a compromised immune system anyway and so my fitness level is not great. A lot of people 60+ are having little to no side effects. As long as your headache goes you should be fine. If that persists for more than a couple days then it might be worth ringing 111 at least.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta say, and this is anecdotal as it’s just my personal experience and observation, but I was in the vax with the first responders and medical providers I saw a pretty high incidence of call outs and bad side effects to the jab, especially the second one. Personally I got very bad vertigo. It lasted for 18 hrs on the first dose three days on the second. I wasn’t the only case I saw of that but it doesn’t seem to be common. Then when it opened up to patients I saw a decent amount of bad reactions but less. And I’m talking some pretty sick people. Now that it’s available to everyone I’m seeing more people just fine after both shots. I guess it makes sense, the smaller the sample the more you see of the bad stuff. Seems like it’s mainly sore arms now. People were asking me about my experience since I was in the early round, I did tell them what happened but I played it down a bit. If you fill peoples head with something they may experience it but I didn’t want to lie and say it was fine. Sounds like I’ll be getting a booster soon. I’d prefer not to as that vertigo shit is a pain in the ass but I know it’ll be over in a few days if I do get it so what the hell.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had one about 7 weeks ago so will be having second one pretty soon i guess.
    No side affects at all.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had both Moderna shots about a month ago. Only side effects were a slight fever the day after each shot, and a lot of arm pain after the first shot. Had been warned about the side effects... so nothing much to worry about.

Thread Information