Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
So basically this is the latest "tag team", never-ending argument on the forum. Used to be the flat Earth argument with Alpha. Now it's COVID doesn't exist, with TIC.

Cool. I just hope that when I or someone else engage in similar arguments... that it doesn't make anyone's eyebrows go up.

The same hopelessness that existed in trying to convince Alpha that the world is in fact spherical... is the same hopelessness involved in this interminable squabble.

Seems only the players change.

Today it's trying to convince TIC that COVID is real. Yesterday it was trying to convince Alpha the Earth is round. Before that it was trying to convince Denilson not all whites are racists.

Kinda like the proverbial broken record that just plays the same fragment over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I'll engage someone when that someone is arguing in good faith.

"Because I said so"... or "prove it" (over and over again regardless of what is presented)... or whatever cockamamie phrases are used in a flimsy, pathetic attempt at debating... just gets tiring after a while.

The number of thread pages is generally a good indicator of just how long and fruitless an argument is.

This one, I believe... is getting up there in the ranks.

Boxing, anyone?
why would you feel hopeless if you know something is real? if it is real you should be able to tell me how you know. then i would know as well. believing what someone else says is not knowing for yourself. you shouldn't need to convince anyone of anything. you should be able to just tell me how you know. i know for a fact if your head is held under water for several minutes you will soon start to struggle to breath. see easy. why because i know this is true

"You should be able to tell me how you know" is a phrase that swings both ways. I can easily say you should be able to tell me how you know it's not real. But we all know you don't respond to that.

So we're back to my previous post, where (if it was unclear) I'm saying it doesn't matter what you believe or don't believe.

Really.
this is a belief that people are telling me is real. i'm not the one saying something is real. when i start telling you something is real i would expect you to ask me how i know. it is amusing how uncomfortable people get when their beliefs are challenged. not much honesty or interest in truth

They're both beliefs, regardless of the semantics you insist on playing. Your belief is it's not real. I expect you to tell me how you know that.
i will give you credit for admitting you only have a belief. your honesty is admirable. you are the one saying something is real. i am asking how you know. it is you job to prove your belief. not mine. there are millions of people that believe in one god or another. it is not my job to prove their belief real. just like it is not my job to prove your belief real. that's not how it works