Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 A Comeback Year For Boxing?!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 2021 A Comeback Year For Boxing?!

Month of May seems to be a smoking month!!!:

To see the entire upcoming roster looks pretty awesome. Rather than view them by promoters, channels just see the whole picture gives reason to anticipate some great fights!

Your Picks? 20 Notable fights: My picks in Bold

Canelo Vs Saunders In May
    Demetrius Andrade vs. Liam Williams In April
    Devin Haney vs. Jorge Linares In May
    Luis Nery vs Brandon Figueora In May
    Andy Ruiz Jr vs Chris Arreola In May
    Nordine Oubali vs Nonito Donaire In May
    Derek Chisora vs Joseph Parker In May
    Dmitry Bivol vs Craig Richards In May
    Chris Eubank Jr vs Marcus Morrison In May
    Erislandry Lara vs Thomas Lamanna In May (upset pick)
    Omar Figueroa Jr vs Abel Ramos In May
    Jesus Alejandro Ramos vs Javier Molina In May
    Shakur Stevenson vs. Jeremiah Nakathila In June
    Jermal Charlo vs Juan Montiel In June
    Gervonta Davis vs Mario Barios In June
    Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs Anderson Silva (for real?) In June
    Jermell Charlo vs Brian Costano In July
    David Benavidez vs Jose Uzcategui In August
    Gullermo Rigenodeaux vs John Casimiero In August
    Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua Fall of 2021
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 04-20-2021 at 08:40 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 2021 A Comeback Year For Boxing?!

Joke PPV fight but good poster.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Joke PPV fight but good poster.
    That’s a joke PPV , but Whyte v Chisora is ok? #justsaying
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The majority of PPV are rubbish. They should be saved for the biggest fights only. Once in a generation.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope there aren't too many PPVs in May, cause there are quite a few good fights.

Standouts for me
    Haney vs Linares
    Dmitry Bivol vs Craig Richards In May
    Chris Eubank Jr vs Marcus Morrison In May

I'd like to see what Eubank still has to offer & haven't seen Bivol in awhile! Haney-Linares should be a nice technical battle until Linares gets cut.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nordine Oubali vs Nonito Donaire

really interested to see what Donaire has left.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its recent, I like it

I personally think boxing for the fan is better than its ever been and has been for a few years, particularly in England

interesting fight most weekend to watch, full undercards, there's even a fight on this Saturday and I cant even remember who's fighting i just know i have to get some beers and sit in front of the telly

I liked prizefighter me, id like to see one or two of those a year
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Its recent, I like it
    Seeing as how there was a shutdown of boxing, there was a reason many threads have been dated. Younger fans aren't creating many here if at all. It's up to them to help balance the board with recent topics.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a decent run. Not Earth shattering but as you said fans really have to consider the situation we're in. Shit I threw a party once boxing came back on air at first and would have sat through Dusty Trunks vs Kenny Getup ffs . What we needed was for the 'names' to start cycling and fully expected a limited 'showcase' or two with restrictions, no live gates-fans etc but you just didn't want it to become a pattern. Unfortunately a few are I'm thinking Andrade and Stevenson .

But man we're beginning to see that horizon! Really looking at Fury v AJ, Garcia v Fortuna, Ramirez v Josh Taylor, Haney v Linares (all on Haney will he coast or walk into early fire to equal bad tko rep of Linares) and think Charlo v Costano will be better than expected. Looking forward to Benavidez, Donaire, Charlo and Colbert in action big time. You know what gets lost a bit though is the Teofimo Lopez 1st defense. He's going to be overshadowed on that triller clusterfk frat boy house party acid circus. Kid should be on top of exposure world after Loma but ppv for that nah. Sun's rising imo.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    That's a decent run. Not Earth shattering but as you said fans really have to consider the situation we're in. Shit I threw a party once boxing came back on air at first and would have sat through Dusty Trunks vs Kenny Getup ffs . What we needed was for the 'names' to start cycling and fully expected a limited 'showcase' or two with restrictions, no live gates-fans etc but you just didn't want it to become a pattern. Unfortunately a few are I'm thinking Andrade and Stevenson .

But man we're beginning to see that horizon! Really looking at Fury v AJ, Garcia v Fortuna, Ramirez v Josh Taylor, Haney v Linares (all on Haney will he coast or walk into early fire to equal bad tko rep of Linares) and think Charlo v Costano will be better than expected. Looking forward to Benavidez, Donaire, Charlo and Colbert in action big time. You know what gets lost a bit though is the Teofimo Lopez 1st defense. He's going to be overshadowed on that triller clusterfk frat boy house party acid circus. Kid should be on top of exposure world after Loma but ppv for that nah. Sun's rising imo.
    Yup. When we see boxing schedule overall, looks pretty good on the horizon. A shame in this day and age we have to look at a certain network or promoter website to see their fights exclusively.

Bad storm for Teo- winning during a pandemic, seemed to have dampened his coming out party.

Also a shame for Andrade & Benavidez- both have potential great fights ahead- only if those guys would stop haggling & take them on.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

Yup. When we see boxing schedule overall, looks pretty good on the horizon. A shame in this day and age we have to look at a certain network or promoter website to see their fights exclusively.

Bad storm for Teo- winning during a pandemic, seemed to have dampened his coming out party.

Also a shame for Andrade & Benavidez- both have potential great fights ahead- only if those guys would stop haggling & take them on.
    Only thing I take faithfully from Boxrec is the schedule. Tends to be pretty far out and well ahead. Just don't rely on the bonker rankings and historical all time listings .

Thought some on Andrade last few fights. I think he has himself to blame for the situation he's in. Some bad early career advise and then following it. He spent so much time railing on getting low level fights and then what's he do..he goes and resigns with Eddie and Dazn. And again cannot make an emphatic statement last weekend. I think he's a case of potential that grew spoiled bored and too content just going through some of the motions. Has always felt they're just stringing him along with that trinket in tow waiting for him to slip up and drop it. I can't remember him being explosive since maybe sparking out Willie "not that Willie" Nelson.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only thing I take faithfully from Boxrec is the schedule. Tends to be pretty far out and well ahead. Just don't rely on the bonker rankings and historical all time listings .

Thought some on Andrade last few fights. I think he has himself to blame for the situation he's in. Some bad early career advise and then following it. He spent so much time railing on getting low level fights and then what's he do..he goes and resigns with Eddie and Dazn. And again cannot make an emphatic statement last weekend. I think he's a case of potential that grew spoiled bored and too content just going through some of the motions. Has always felt they're just stringing him along with that trinket in tow waiting for him to slip up and drop it. I can't remember him being explosive since maybe sparking out Willie "not that Willie" Nelson.

How long ago did he sign this contract? I read a while ago that he'd signed a three fight deal that would pay him, unbelievably, eleven point something million dollars over the course of the deal provided he kept winning. Makes some of the PBC payouts sound like value for money. So you can't really blame him for going for easy options if he can get three in a row and bank that kind of money. He's probably thinking yeah OK another one or two easy fights and I've hit the jackpot.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.boxingscene.com/derevyan...l-1216--122903

The article above claims Andrade screwed up his 1st of 3 fight deal.

About 13 minutes into clip Hearn shows an email sent to Charlo on a fight. Based on their take- hearn stated PBC never got the offer, not Charlo's team. Somewhere between Charlo & PBC appears to be the breakdown in Charlo-Andrade.

The video below has me buying into the hype that Charlo is a ducker

4:35 minutes in Charlo calls Andrade a clown and stated he fights whoever is in front of him: " I do my thug, I never know my opponent. I never even know how much I'm making, I just fight"

Then interviewer states Hearn has offered you 7 million and to do it on your network showtime.

Jermal responded:

"....bro.....if...they offered the right amount of money....uh.......make sense bro.....to unify just 7 million? I get that already....that is all bullshit"

Jermal stated his brother got turned down by Andrade.

He goes on about Andrade being a clown , no crowd seller.

The interviewer IMO punks Charlo & responded- but it was a $300,000 dollars seven years ago that Andrade turned down.

Wow, so it is wrong for Andrade to say no to $300 thousand seven years ago, but it is ok for him to turn down 7 million dollars today.

11 minutes into video you can hear Andrade being interviewed. Totally my opinion, he makes sense and claims his contract allows him to fight on showtime or not. He can do wherever, showtime or PBC. So now he states he is stuck, so he is fighting (the guy he just beat last week) Williams.

Demetrius said it is timing why he hasnt fought either Charlo
    Charlo said it hasnt happened because it is all bullshit. and Demetrius is a clown who can't sell seats.

"Bro I will blow his fucking mind with his str8 right hands,,Andrade can't last 5 rounds"
    Jermal Charlo

Demetrius laughed when it was played to him. " if I am so scared, then make it happen. If you can blow my mind with right hands sign the fight and send me back home"

This video just confirms it- 2 minute run in- where Demetrius asks what's up whats good? Charlo responds like a bitch azz nigguh. What? you need some money? I wanna fight!

I am totally with Andrade
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 04-23-2021 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

guillermo deals with john riel easily, even at age forty
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.boxingscene.com/derevyan...l-1216--122903

The article above claims Andrade screwed up his 1st of 3 fight deal.

About 13 minutes into clip Hearn shows an email sent to Charlo on a fight. Based on their take- hearn stated PBC never got the offer, not Charlo's team. Somewhere between Charlo & PBC appears to be the breakdown in Charlo-Andrade.

The video below has me buying into the hype that Charlo is a ducker

4:35 minutes in Charlo calls Andrade a clown and stated he fights whoever is in front of him: " I do my thug, I never know my opponent. I never even know how much I'm making, I just fight"

Then interviewer states Hearn has offered you 7 million and to do it on your network showtime.

Jermal responded:

"....bro.....if...they offered the right amount of money....uh.......make sense bro.....to unify just 7 million? I get that already....that is all bullshit"

Jermal stated his brother got turned down by Andrade.

He goes on about Andrade being a clown , no crowd seller.

The interviewer IMO punks Charlo & responded- but it was a $300,000 dollars seven years ago that Andrade turned down.

Wow, so it is wrong for Andrade to say no to $300 thousand seven years ago, but it is ok for him to turn down 7 million dollars today.

11 minutes into video you can hear Andrade being interviewed. Totally my opinion, he makes sense and claims his contract allows him to fight on showtime or not. He can do wherever, showtime or PBC. So now he states he is stuck, so he is fighting (the guy he just beat last week) Williams.

Demetrius said it is timing why he hasnt fought either Charlo
    Charlo said it hasnt happened because it is all bullshit. and Demetrius is a clown who can't sell seats.

"Bro I will blow his fucking mind with his str8 right hands,,Andrade can't last 5 rounds"
    Jermal Charlo

Demetrius laughed when it was played to him. " if I am so scared, then make it happen. If you can blow my mind with right hands sign the fight and send me back home"

This video just confirms it- 2 minute run in- where Demetrius asks what's up whats good? Charlo responds like a bitch azz nigguh. What? you need some money? I wanna fight!

I am totally with Andrade
    I just wish they and other top guys missing commonsense match ups would stop talking and doing all their fighting on social media and interview bites. To me honestly the move was Andrades to make if it is Charlo he's barking for as he already knew he was Eddies keep-busy attraction. Literally all he's been doing with lower level opponents. To date Andrades signature win is what Martirosyan maybe Sulecki . Sounds a lot like Hearn wants Charlo to do his job for him and comes off kind of cheap flashing receipts that prove nothing to me. Sure it's easy to throw out a quick personal 'tweet' throwing numbers around but we all know realistically it doesn't work like that in making unifications and mega bouts. In the same interview Hearn says it's needed that Andrade face 'names' to grow his star, that he needs them sighting a Derevyanchenko or Munguia, and then who does he offer, a Luke Keeler. I definitely wouldn't label Charlo a ducker. And in fairness I wouldn't tag Andrade as one. I just think he makes bad decisions that keep him stagnate. It has played out clear as day. He yaps up how he is left out and can't get big fights but yet goes back in for 18 months and is still not getting a taste even though some of the bigger names at 160 fight fight under the same roof. Eddie sort of seems like he is playing him for bit of a sucker tbh. Same Munguia who Hearn says Andrade "needed" now sits as his #1 at 160 and is about to fight on DAZN v TBA in June. Would seem a very easy needed name fight to make. And Andrade had already dropped out of negotiations to face Derevyanchenko some time back. Seems like a pattern . Who went on to face the 'needed name' Derevyanchenko..well that was Charlo last time out. Look we all know Andrade can fight. Dude is talented. But eventually if you're not getting what you think you're due but just go along that's on you. And if you're happy to just get paid fat for coasting it out then that's on him too.

Thread Information