Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2021 A Comeback Year For Boxing?!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 2021 A Comeback Year For Boxing?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    That's a decent run. Not Earth shattering but as you said fans really have to consider the situation we're in. Shit I threw a party once boxing came back on air at first and would have sat through Dusty Trunks vs Kenny Getup ffs . What we needed was for the 'names' to start cycling and fully expected a limited 'showcase' or two with restrictions, no live gates-fans etc but you just didn't want it to become a pattern. Unfortunately a few are I'm thinking Andrade and Stevenson .

But man we're beginning to see that horizon! Really looking at Fury v AJ, Garcia v Fortuna, Ramirez v Josh Taylor, Haney v Linares (all on Haney will he coast or walk into early fire to equal bad tko rep of Linares) and think Charlo v Costano will be better than expected. Looking forward to Benavidez, Donaire, Charlo and Colbert in action big time. You know what gets lost a bit though is the Teofimo Lopez 1st defense. He's going to be overshadowed on that triller clusterfk frat boy house party acid circus. Kid should be on top of exposure world after Loma but ppv for that nah. Sun's rising imo.
    Yup. When we see boxing schedule overall, looks pretty good on the horizon. A shame in this day and age we have to look at a certain network or promoter website to see their fights exclusively.

Bad storm for Teo- winning during a pandemic, seemed to have dampened his coming out party.

Also a shame for Andrade & Benavidez- both have potential great fights ahead- only if those guys would stop haggling & take them on.
    Only thing I take faithfully from Boxrec is the schedule. Tends to be pretty far out and well ahead. Just don't rely on the bonker rankings and historical all time listings .

Thought some on Andrade last few fights. I think he has himself to blame for the situation he's in. Some bad early career advise and then following it. He spent so much time railing on getting low level fights and then what's he do..he goes and resigns with Eddie and Dazn. And again cannot make an emphatic statement last weekend. I think he's a case of potential that grew spoiled bored and too content just going through some of the motions. Has always felt they're just stringing him along with that trinket in tow waiting for him to slip up and drop it. I can't remember him being explosive since maybe sparking out Willie "not that Willie" Nelson.

How long ago did he sign this contract? I read a while ago that he'd signed a three fight deal that would pay him, unbelievably, eleven point something million dollars over the course of the deal provided he kept winning. Makes some of the PBC payouts sound like value for money. So you can't really blame him for going for easy options if he can get three in a row and bank that kind of money. He's probably thinking yeah OK another one or two easy fights and I've hit the jackpot.
    I've wondered since Andrade first went the DAZN route if it was also Hearn trying to forge the following, promotions, in his venture Stateside. Get that American talent under wraps. Can't blame a guy for getting paid. It's why they fight and ultimately it's a business to secure your future in a sport that can end on any night for fighters. Andrade indeed hit the jackpot but it has to be very frustrating watching a guy in Saunders who blew a date v Andrade by acting like a coked out perv now get ushered in to the premiere lottery match up with Canelo. I think Andrade is letting it pass him by and realizing it, he's stuck in name-fame regard but yeah for fat pockets I guess.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not if UFC is gonna put on cards like this...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    That's a decent run. Not Earth shattering but as you said fans really have to consider the situation we're in. Shit I threw a party once boxing came back on air at first and would have sat through Dusty Trunks vs Kenny Getup ffs . What we needed was for the 'names' to start cycling and fully expected a limited 'showcase' or two with restrictions, no live gates-fans etc but you just didn't want it to become a pattern. Unfortunately a few are I'm thinking Andrade and Stevenson .

But man we're beginning to see that horizon! Really looking at Fury v AJ, Garcia v Fortuna, Ramirez v Josh Taylor, Haney v Linares (all on Haney will he coast or walk into early fire to equal bad tko rep of Linares) and think Charlo v Costano will be better than expected. Looking forward to Benavidez, Donaire, Charlo and Colbert in action big time. You know what gets lost a bit though is the Teofimo Lopez 1st defense. He's going to be overshadowed on that triller clusterfk frat boy house party acid circus. Kid should be on top of exposure world after Loma but ppv for that nah. Sun's rising imo.
    Yup. When we see boxing schedule overall, looks pretty good on the horizon. A shame in this day and age we have to look at a certain network or promoter website to see their fights exclusively.

Bad storm for Teo- winning during a pandemic, seemed to have dampened his coming out party.

Also a shame for Andrade & Benavidez- both have potential great fights ahead- only if those guys would stop haggling & take them on.
    Only thing I take faithfully from Boxrec is the schedule. Tends to be pretty far out and well ahead. Just don't rely on the bonker rankings and historical all time listings .

Thought some on Andrade last few fights. I think he has himself to blame for the situation he's in. Some bad early career advise and then following it. He spent so much time railing on getting low level fights and then what's he do..he goes and resigns with Eddie and Dazn. And again cannot make an emphatic statement last weekend. I think he's a case of potential that grew spoiled bored and too content just going through some of the motions. Has always felt they're just stringing him along with that trinket in tow waiting for him to slip up and drop it. I can't remember him being explosive since maybe sparking out Willie "not that Willie" Nelson.

How long ago did he sign this contract? I read a while ago that he'd signed a three fight deal that would pay him, unbelievably, eleven point something million dollars over the course of the deal provided he kept winning. Makes some of the PBC payouts sound like value for money. So you can't really blame him for going for easy options if he can get three in a row and bank that kind of money. He's probably thinking yeah OK another one or two easy fights and I've hit the jackpot.
    I've wondered since Andrade first went the DAZN route if it was also Hearn trying to forge the following, promotions, in his venture Stateside. Get that American talent under wraps. Can't blame a guy for getting paid. It's why they fight and ultimately it's a business to secure your future in a sport that can end on any night for fighters. Andrade indeed hit the jackpot but it has to be very frustrating watching a guy in Saunders who blew a date v Andrade by acting like a coked out perv now get ushered in to the premiere lottery match up with Canelo. I think Andrade is letting it pass him by and realizing it, he's stuck in name-fame regard but yeah for fat pockets I guess.

He's not a box office fighter in any way but he's getting paid like one.

Thread Information