Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Work time

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I've started working a three day week. I haven't told anyone. I started doing it on the sly so laptop at hand but doing fuck all. I had a PR during this time which was great, so now I've started taking Monday and Friday off routinely. It's working out well.
    With the lockdown easing you will have to start working again and get back to normal. I am not looking forward to getting back to that, surprised I did it so long.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I bet you a million quid I don't
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Sat at work bored, fairly new job i need to look like I'm working

I have full use of the internet, what can I do?

you lot dont post on Saddo enough to make this a sustainable viable option
    How do u like the new job? I’m stuck at work myself but just was on a hike where I saw a duck and a waterfall makes the day better.
    my new jobs shit but i like ducks

where did you go for your walk?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I've started working a three day week. I haven't told anyone. I started doing it on the sly so laptop at hand but doing fuck all. I had a PR during this time which was great, so now I've started taking Monday and Friday off routinely. It's working out well.
    With the lockdown easing you will have to start working again and get back to normal. I am not looking forward to getting back to that, surprised I did it so long.
    im lazy as they come and easily have 2 days a week where i do nothing

id did next to nothing yesterday and nothing so far today and tomorrows friday so i wont be doing anything then

if anyone knew just how lazy i am when it comes to 9-5 work id never get another job

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll admit to finally coming off the gas pedal when it comes to work load this year so far. We all have different levels of client/customer service through this entire Covid clusterfk. Be it grocery, mental- medical workers, first responders or criminal justice on and on and on. But man I just hit a wall after Christmas. It all catches up after working straight through it. Kept the exact same schedule with twice the added load but work staff cut in half. Burnout is real . Once January hit I was basically like fook it, now it's about me. Noooo one is going to look out for YOU except you. Not getting any younger and you have to watch the signs your mind and body send you. I spent 20 years talking about it..complaining..but just the last half doing anything about it. So I cut my hrs down to maybe 30 a week, knocked start time back an hour and when I'm done with my workload I do not look or want to take on that of someone else. I'll always lend a hand with animals in need involved but done being the last in line and first in-last out. Fini. Feels great to get home before the sun sets. You have to let yourself have that and it's earned. Tell yourself..it's not MY business or responsibility to facilitate and run something that the owner refuses to. Effectively at least. I've done my bid and have the scars lumps and bumps to show for it. Great half day today. I do believe it's time for some jerk grilled chicken and a tall glass. # notmyproblem

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'll admit to finally coming off the gas pedal when it comes to work load this year so far. We all have different levels of client/customer service through this entire Covid clusterfk. Be it grocery, mental- medical workers, first responders or criminal justice on and on and on. But man I just hit a wall after Christmas. It all catches up after working straight through it. Kept the exact same schedule with twice the added load but work staff cut in half. Burnout is real . Once January hit I was basically like fook it, now it's about me. Noooo one is going to look out for YOU except you. Not getting any younger and you have to watch the signs your mind and body send you. I spent 20 years talking about it..complaining..but just the last half doing anything about it. So I cut my hrs down to maybe 30 a week, knocked start time back an hour and when I'm done with my workload I do not look or want to take on that of someone else. I'll always lend a hand with animals in need involved but done being the last in line and first in-last out. Fini. Feels great to get home before the sun sets. You have to let yourself have that and it's earned. Tell yourself..it's not MY business or responsibility to facilitate and run something that the owner refuses to. Effectively at least. I've done my bid and have the scars lumps and bumps to show for it. Great half day today. I do believe it's time for some jerk grilled chicken and a tall glass. # notmyproblem
    I’m with you. Now isn’t the time as things are still fucked up if your associated with the medical field, not saying you aren’t I love my vet, super wouldn’t be 23 without her. I just mean we are still trying to get people vaccinated and do surveillance testing but yeah I need a minimum of 7 days in a row off. And mad respect for all the people who stayed at their shipping gigs, grocery stores, cops damn it’s a long list. Someone actually called me a hero the other day. I said no dude nice of you to say but that ain’t me. I have a preexisting condition I could have chosen to sit it out I didn’t want to. Fuck me I was working at a homeless shelter early on during this people stopped showing up for work. They called me on my day off I went in late, like 8pm, doors were supposed to open at 6p there were 20 people huddled around the building waiting freezing their asses off. I said no fuck this I’m gonna work these are fucking humans struggling here. Yeah I think I might have caught covid at the place, or just a real bad flu but for those people the struggle was continuing covid or not. So that lead me to a more interesting position but honestly, that shit paying homeless shelter was one of the best jobs I ever worked. And I’ve had jobs that paid pretty good it was just bonding with those guys and girls and how the used to get up early if they knew I was working because “I made the best coffee” I’d also let them get away with everything as long as they kept fights and drugs out of the place. I was honestly considering finishing my working career there. But then a place contacted me that deals with schizophrenia primarily and to me that is one of the most fascinating illnesses of the brain. Seeing people who have that progress and do well is really really cool. It’s so fucking pervasive it’s very sad. Those of us who worked, in many cases did so because we wanted to. I don’t think that’s heroic it’s just a choice. Probably ambulance drivers and shit, nurses and doctors I guess that’s kind of heroic. My neighbor is a physician assistant he worked on some of the first covid cases in our area. I saw him disappear for 30 days, come back home for a week and repeat. Ya that’s heroic. Being honest I did receive by weekly hazard pay but it wasn’t a shit load of money and had I stayed home I could have made just as much. Shit the place I get coffee before work was open 80% of the lockdown, those guys and girls showed up. God bless all of them. And of course my heart goes out to all who legitimately lost work over this shit. That was a really sad part of this whole thing.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m with you. Now isn’t the time as things are still fucked up if your associated with the medical field, not saying you aren’t I love my vet, super wouldn’t be 23 without her. I just mean we are still trying to get people vaccinated and do surveillance testing but yeah I need a minimum of 7 days in a row off. And mad respect for all the people who stayed at their shipping gigs, grocery stores, cops damn it’s a long list. Someone actually called me a hero the other day. I said no dude nice of you to say but that ain’t me. I have a preexisting condition I could have chosen to sit it out I didn’t want to. Fuck me I was working at a homeless shelter early on during this people stopped showing up for work. They called me on my day off I went in late, like 8pm, doors were supposed to open at 6p there were 20 people huddled around the building waiting freezing their asses off. I said no fuck this I’m gonna work these are fucking humans struggling here. Yeah I think I might have caught covid at the place, or just a real bad flu but for those people the struggle was continuing covid or not. So that lead me to a more interesting position but honestly, that shit paying homeless shelter was one of the best jobs I ever worked. And I’ve had jobs that paid pretty good it was just bonding with those guys and girls and how the used to get up early if they knew I was working because “I made the best coffee” I’d also let them get away with everything as long as they kept fights and drugs out of the place. I was honestly considering finishing my working career there. But then a place contacted me that deals with schizophrenia primarily and to me that is one of the most fascinating illnesses of the brain. Seeing people who have that progress and do well is really really cool. It’s so fucking pervasive it’s very sad. Those of us who worked, in many cases did so because we wanted to. I don’t think that’s heroic it’s just a choice. Probably ambulance drivers and shit, nurses and doctors I guess that’s kind of heroic. My neighbor is a physician assistant he worked on some of the first covid cases in our area. I saw him disappear for 30 days, come back home for a week and repeat. Ya that’s heroic. Being honest I did receive by weekly hazard pay but it wasn’t a shit load of money and had I stayed home I could have made just as much. Shit the place I get coffee before work was open 80% of the lockdown, those guys and girls showed up. God bless all of them. And of course my heart goes out to all who legitimately lost work over this shit. That was a really sad part of this whole thing.
    The school I taught at since Feb 2019 had to go to Zoom classes in Feb 2020, and I taught Zoom classes from Feb 2020 until May 2020. IN June 2020 the school lost 60% of our Bangladeshi and Indian students, who all went back to their countries. There werent enough I-20 students left for the F-1 program and teachers were not offered new contracts (that includes me) as student enrollment was sliced in half. Half the teachers were let go. Due to COVID we all got unemployment insurance automatically. Other students opted for a 3 month hiatus which morphed into 6 months and now they are back on Zoom classes, but the school isnt re-hiring those laid off. I scraped together some vegetables and sold them in Mexico for a while, found a few Mexican students and got paid thru PayPal for a while, but its few and far between. Im def not going to work in a crowded assembly line furniture assembly factory or in a crowded Walmart right now wearing a mask for 10 hours straight -- Im waiting this out a few more months and hopefully things get a little better and people feel safe and comfortable enough to work side by side in crowded places for 10 hours a day. Right now, Im still not doing it. Maybe September.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    The school I taught at since Feb 2019 had to go to Zoom classes in Feb 2020, and I taught Zoom classes from Feb 2020 until May 2020. IN June 2020 the school lost 60% of our Bangladeshi and Indian students, who all went back to their countries. There werent enough I-20 students left for the F-1 program and teachers were not offered new contracts (that includes me) as student enrollment was sliced in half. Half the teachers were let go. Due to COVID we all got unemployment insurance automatically. Other students opted for a 3 month hiatus which morphed into 6 months and now they are back on Zoom classes, but the school isnt re-hiring those laid off. I scraped together some vegetables and sold them in Mexico for a while, found a few Mexican students and got paid thru PayPal for a while, but its few and far between. Im def not going to work in a crowded assembly line furniture assembly factory or in a crowded Walmart right now wearing a mask for 10 hours straight -- Im waiting this out a few more months and hopefully things get a little better and people feel safe and comfortable enough to work side by side in crowded places for 10 hours a day. Right now, Im still not doing it. Maybe September.
    I hear some said shit. I’m not talking about the clients at work but at the coffee shop it’s quite common these days someone will just grab you ear and unload. The guy who wants to work, his place shut down, he’s ok now as the stimulus and assistance is coming in but he’s wondering what he’s going to do next. I hear it more often than I care to mention. Shit and so many people are scared of investing but I made more this year already on crypto and stock than I will working. Granted I am expecting a down turn in the market but just saying. I mean you pick a good vanguard s and p etf or get ballsy and pick a couple individual stocks anyone can do it. I’m not special I fucking creamed every mutual fund and index fund I have with my own stock picks. I can give advice that somebody do that of course. I don’t know shit is fucked up and the bill will come do. I’m slowly exiting certain parts of the market. It’s scary to me listening to some people I really feel for them. I mean you tell all your problems to a complete stranger over coffee you know these people are stressed and need to talk. Black, white, Puerto Rican I’ve heard the same story from them all.

I’m not saying this has happened everyday but probably 6-7 times over a few months. I usually offer to buy the dude a coffee or something but I guess just talking helps them. I wish I had answers. As far as wearing the mask at work you get used to it but it is irritating my skin. Gives me rashes and shitz. I don’t know what’s next, I know it’s happening and it’s not going to ask out permission

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sat at work bored, fairly new job i need to look like I'm working

I have full use of the internet, what can I do?

you lot dont post on Saddo enough to make this a sustainable viable option
    How do u like the new job? I’m stuck at work myself but just was on a hike where I saw a duck and a waterfall makes the day better.
    my new jobs shit but i like ducks

where did you go for your walk?
    Dude although I work in a city once I hit the city limits a 5-10 mile drive gives me a choice of numerous beautiful parks. I mean it’s like all the sudden you are in the middle of nowhere. Best thing is sometimes I can lead a hike as part of my job or I can just head out to clear my head. I see blue herons which are quite cool, hawks, deer, trout and yes two times now a bear. The scary thing is Cubs. If you come accross a bear cub which happen to be cute as hell you move quickly away as moma bear will rip you up just for being in eyesight of the little buggers. I’ve had an adult bear look at me take a sniff and saunter off. I have no friggin idea how a bear can surprise you, they are so big you think you would hear them a mile away

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

where abouts in the world is that? sounds like a nice place

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    im lazy as they come and easily have 2 days a week where i do nothing

id did next to nothing yesterday and nothing so far today and tomorrows friday so i wont be doing anything then

if anyone knew just how lazy i am when it comes to 9-5 work id never get another job

aww shux! I'm almost a decade up to date!!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s the northeast part of the US. If I drove about another 40 minutes I’d be on the edge of the Berkshires which is a beautiful area one state over. A lot of hippies created communities in that area where they actually created their own paper currency that is used in some of the small towns in the area. I don’t know how well it took off but there were quite a few small businesses that accepted it last time I was there. A lot of mountain bike shops, tie dye Tshirt shops, restaurants and second hand thrift stores

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s the northeast part of the US. If I drove about another 40 minutes I’d be on the edge of the Berkshires which is a beautiful area one state over. A lot of hippies created communities in that area where they actually created their own paper currency that is used in some of the small towns in the area. I don’t know how well it took off but there were quite a few small businesses that accepted it last time I was there. A lot of mountain bike shops, tie dye Tshirt shops, restaurants and second hand thrift stores
    I fancy that myself, i'm big on mountain bikes

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh you would love it. One of those stores makes mountain bikes by hand. They have a wait list, looks like they do pretty good. I wish I could get into that but I got hit by a drunk driver when I was on a bike many years back. It was the first time I died. I’ve driven bikes and motorcycles since then I just never feel completely comfortable on them. I guess if I was on a trail in the woods it might be different. I should give it a go.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh you would love it. One of those stores makes mountain bikes by hand. They have a wait list, looks like they do pretty good. I wish I could get into that but I got hit by a drunk driver when I was on a bike many years back. It was the first time I died. I’ve driven bikes and motorcycles since then I just never feel completely comfortable on them. I guess if I was on a trail in the woods it might be different. I should give it a go.
    I only really got into it about a year ago, I love it now just bought myself a £1600 bike (calibre triple B)

By the end of June i will have the record for a circuit of a local track for people in my age bracket, by Christmas i will be in the top 10 of all time

Thread Information