Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Matchroom + DAZN = No more Sky

when do you reckon the fights will completely move to dazn?

like the chizora fight this weekend is on sky box office still
    Last edited by erics44; 04-27-2021 at 07:58 AM.
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    when do you reckon the fights will completely move to dazn?

like the chizora fight this weekend is on sky box office still
    The move to Dazn will happen July after Hearn puts on 2 more shows for sky in May and June.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is there still gonna be ppv?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately the evil that is PPV is here to stay and Sky depend on that business model no matter which promoter signs up to them.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Unfortunately the evil that is PPV is here to stay and Sky depend on that business model no matter which promoter signs up to them.
    I more meant on DAZN, if fury josh happens will it be within the subscription cost do you reckon?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I more meant on DAZN, if fury josh happens will it be within the subscription cost do you reckon?
    AJ v Fury is on sky and BT and should be for their 2 fights.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ v Fury is on sky and BT and should be for their 2 fights.

I've just read that AJ v Fury will only be a 1 fight deal and even that is close to falling apart according to Arum & Warren.
    A lot of talk of the Winner fighting Wilder at the end of the year instead.

https://britishboxingnews.co.uk/blog...one-fight-deal

https://www.givemesport.com/1682110-...ng-to-bob-arum

Here's the latest on Hearn & DAZN

https://britishboxingnews.co.uk/blog...ract-with-dazn

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

probably all adds a bit more interest

im bored of it dragging now tho, its in danger of hitting the tipping point

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SKY'S THE LIMIT Anthony Joshua will be at centre of mega-money broadcast war this summer when Sky Sports deal ends

ANTHONY JOSHUA will be the centre of a mega-money broadcast war this summer when his Sky Sports deal ends.

Watford’s WBA, IBF and WBO king has one fight left with Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn, who has guided his career from his 2012 London Olympics coronation.

And the Essex fight mogul has just ended his almost decade-long Sky partnership to pen a five-year deal with sports streaming service DAZN.

After the upcoming defence against Oleksandr Usyk, which should be agreed in around a week, Joshua will be a promotional and broadcasting free agent.

And, while Hearn expects his deal with the champ to continue, he expects his new partners - who already show AJ’s fights outside the UK - to wave their mighty chequebook too.

The 41-year-old said: “I am absolutely sure that AJ stays with me and there will be an announcement in due course about AJ’s relationship with Matchroom.

"I know that our relationship ends when AJ hangs up his gloves.

“In terms of his broadcast deal there is no pushing or guiding of Anthony Joshua to DAZN from us.

"That is a decision for us, him and his management company 258 and him to look at the market and the opportunities.

“He is the biggest star in British boxing and potentially world boxing.

“I cannot speak for DAZN but I am sure they would like to welcome him to the platform and they already show his fights globally.

“But AJ has a great relationship with Sky and I am sure they will be keen to extend that relationship beyond whatever fight happens in August or September.”

Hearn struck a billion-dollar deal for his Matchroom brand to make all of DAZN’s US and UK fights in 2018.

And the ‘Netflix of Sport’ swiftly gave boxing’s biggest superstar Canelo Alvarez a £278million 11-fight deal, that broke down amicably when the Mexican split with his Golden Boy promoters last year.

Canelo’s bitter rival Gennady Golovkin was snapped up too, in a deal worth close to around £100million, but the failure to secure the trilogy fight between the pair has been a major disappointment.

And Tyson Fury did a £80m five-fight deal with American broadcasters ESPN in 2019 that will carry his Deontay Wilder trilogy fight in July.

In August 2018, AJ signed a three-year extension to his long-running Sky Sports partnership and will know exactly what his worth is in the crowded market.

Hearn, who continues to provide darts and pool to Sky, said they wished him well and congratulated him on his huge move.

He claimed: “It was a very difficult decision because we work with Sky on a number of sports.

“I think when they understood the structure of the deal I felt even they had to shake my hand and say ‘good luck son’.

“It was too big an opportunity to expand globally, it was too big an opportunity to make these big fights. They were very disappointed but it is business.

“I expect them to stay in boxing and regroup.

"The key focus of their boxing business is pay-per-view and they have a fantastic platform so I am sure they will continue with that and provide boxing for their subscribers too.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxin...ar-sky-sports/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn reveals what's next for Billy Joe Saunders after brutal Canelo Alvarez defeat

Trainer Ben Davison tells promoter Eddie Hearn that his friend and former WBO super-middleweight champion now knows he belongs at Canelo's level

Billy Joe Saunders' close pal and occasional trainer Ben Davison has told promoter Eddie Hearn he expects the Hatfield hitman to come back all guns blazing from his defeat by Saul Alvarez.

Saunders suffered a fractured eye socket at the hands of the devastating Mexican on May 8 and was pulled from the fight ahead of the ninth round.

Hearn said: “He had quite a serious operation after his fight, I spoke to him after that but I haven’t spoken to him for the last week or so.

“I spoke to Ben in Las Vegas and he feels he is going to come back with fire in his belly.

“He enjoyed the experience against ‘Canelo’ and felt like he belonged at that level.

“He is going to want to come back and, obviously from our point of view, we’d love to have him on DAZN.

Hearn confirmed on Thursday that Matchroom Boxing had signed an exclusive five-year deal to air their fights with streaming giant DAZN.

And he insists that, while there is work to be done, there should be no fears over a lack of exposure for his stable without the might of Sky Sports behind them.

Hearn added: “We have to work harder in the short term to continue to raise the profile of fighters and be smart in our partnerships.

“But the freedom of those partnerships and the ability to use different platforms to share and create content is something we were a bit handcuffed on before.

"A great example of that which took yers and years to do was when Anthony Joshua boxed Wladimir Klitschko and we had that fight night build-up show on BBC that week.

"These are the sorts of relationships that should be very straightforward in terms of creating content and helping to sell the narrative.

"Canelo had his own documentary on the BBC in the week leading up to the Billy Joe Saunders fight.

"So these are relationships that are going to drive huge exposure to our fighters and to fight night.

"The viewership is unlimited.

"You have the hardcore boxing fan and then the casual audience as well which will be coming to join the party, if you like, for what used to be pay-per-view events but will now be much cheaper.

"So these are relationships that are going to drive huge exposure to our fighters and to fight night.

"The viewership is unlimited.

"You have the hardcore boxing fan and then the casual audience as well which will be coming to join the party, if you like, for what used to be pay-per-view events but will now be much cheaper.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...anelo-24254637

Thread Information