Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Denzel Bentley vs Felix Cash 24/4/21

Boxing Tonight: TV schedule, UK fight time and undercard for Bentley vs Cash

Two British fighters trying to make a name for themselves clash as two British names try to make a fight

A joy to promote and “one of the hottest properties in British boxing right now”: Frank Warren has never underplayed Denzel Bentley’s ability. It’s the level of his opponents that have sewn seeds of doubt.

That changes on Saturday night as he looks forward to his first “50-50 fight” with Felix Cash. Two belts on the line – it’s Bentley’s first defence of his British middleweight title and Cash holds the Commonwealth belt – make for a bout that is almost too close to call.

In defence of Warren’s corner, the lack of a really formidable test hasn’t been for want of trying. Bentley has risen to every challenge which has come his way so far and waltzed past Kelcie Ball in less than two minutes.

Indeed, 12 of his 14 wins have come by knockout and he has certainly made light work of the journeymen he has been presented with so far. The last time he fought at the iconic York Hall, Bethnal Green, his battle with Mark Heffron was judged a draw. He wasted little time in putting that right, however, knocking out the 29-year-old months later in Salford.

The whole of St Vincent will be behind him, as he pledges to donate 10 per cent of his purse to the relief effort following a volcanic eruption on the island.

Cash, too, is undefeated. Since turning professional five years ago, he will have faced few with the punch power of Bentley, but likewise, he has largely backed up the hype so far.

It is only a pity the main event will not be preceded by what might have been a make-or-break return for Anthony Yarde. The British light-heavyweight has pulled out of his comeback against Emin Atra with a tooth abscess, so we will be denied the chance to see whether he finally puts those defeats to Sergey Kovalev and Lyndon Arthur behind him.

Bentley vs Cash details
    Date: Saturday 24 April.
    Venue: York Hall, London.
    Fight time: Ring walks expected around 10pm BST.
    TV/live stream: BT Sport 1 (HD) from 7.30pm. The fight can also be streamed live on the BT Sport website.
    Undercard highlights: Not a lot now that Yarde has pulled out, but Callum Johnson will make his own comeback after two years out against Emil Markic.
    i predicts: Very tough to call, but Bentley’s combative style could see him win on points.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/boxing/box...-latest-969915
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Denzel Bentley vs Felix Cash 24/4/21

Denzel Bentley

"I am very proud to be British Middleweight champion. I have been everywhere with the belt. I’ve shown it off to let everyone know about my achievements.

"I think Felix will regret taking this fight. Felix believes he is world level, but go through his opponents and there is nothing to suggest he is at that level, but every fighter needs to believe they are. I believe I am world level and he believes I’m not, so we will see.

"There is the sparring story with Felix. We both did four rounds sparring then jumped back in with each other. We were going at it and he started hitting low and behind the head - all the little dirty tricks he likes to do. Then it got heated, he got upset and it turned into a little scrap but it’s in the past. He says I was clinging on for dear life - well we will see on Saturday."

Felix Cash

"Every British fighter wants to win the British title and that is what I want to do. Denzel is in my way so let’s get it on. I cannot wait to get my hands on the British belt.

"There were other options on the table, but we sat down and spoke as a team. We had a look at Denzel and just said, ‘Let’s go for it.’ I would have preferred it was on a Matchroom show, but it doesn’t make any difference to me, a ring is a ring and the best man will win on the night.

"I believe I am world level and I don’t believe that Denzel is. He is a decent domestic fighter. I believe I am a level above him and I will show him on Saturday night. Styles make fights. I believe I am better and I will prove that. We will sort it out man to man and the best man will win. I believe that man is going to be me.

"He has been doing a world tour with that belt. I hope he has enjoyed it because it is leaving him on Saturday night. I am going to be in front of him and he will have to deal with it. Am I a dirty fighter? I am what I am. I am a very good fighter and I am going to show Denzel. I will win the fight by stoppage. Let’s just put on a good fight for the fans."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...-live-23968169

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone watching?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Johnson v Markic now
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Callum Johnson v Markic both wobble one another in the first round in an absolute war of punchers!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Johnson using his jab in the 2nd and causing damage. He stopped his opponent with a brutal array of punches. He is very heavy handed.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cash more accurate
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cash is very sharp and accurate in the 1st round catching Bentley and hurting him.

1 nil Cash

Thread Information