Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ryan Garcia v Javier Fortuna

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I wouldn't fancy him against Davis at all. Can't see Oscar wanting to make the fight either. At some point they're going to have to let him fight somebody elite but as long as their streamer keeps paying for and they can selll lots of tickets for fights below that level they'll keep making them.
    I would think any one of them jumps at a Tank fight. It’s their only route to PPV. And Tank wants the easiest fight with the biggest name, Garcia. And GBP I assume knows Garcia’s name is bigger than his game. So take the big money before the bubble bursts. Their each other’s easiest biggest option

But I’ve never bought the “we can make X fight anytime so let’s milk the crowd first”. Because things can go sideways real quick.

At what weight? Garcia wants to drag Tank to 140, where he'll have the obvious advantage. A very familiar M.O.

Garcia is swearing off 135, while Tank IMO has no business at 140.

So maybe Garcia should set his sights on elite fighters at 140. But he seems fixated on Tank.
    tank has already been to one forty, even won a belt there. king ry wouldn't be dragging tank anywhere. king ry v tank is a big ppv fight but i don't see it happening next. king ry v jojo is more the like
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't fancy him against Davis at all. Can't see Oscar wanting to make the fight either. At some point they're going to have to let him fight somebody elite but as long as their streamer keeps paying for and they can selll lots of tickets for fights below that level they'll keep making them.
    I would think any one of them jumps at a Tank fight. It’s their only route to PPV. And Tank wants the easiest fight with the biggest name, Garcia. And GBP I assume knows Garcia’s name is bigger than his game. So take the big money before the bubble bursts. Their each other’s easiest biggest option

But I’ve never bought the “we can make X fight anytime so let’s milk the crowd first”. Because things can go sideways real quick.

Things can indeed go sideways but when you have somebody who sells tickets but isn't quite elite level the milking thing is normally what happens. Better to do that than one payday and the bubble bursts, it's the percentage play. Davis is a Showtime fighter and they apparently have no interest in doing a joint PPV with DAZN and I'm sure it's the same with DAZN so Garcia knows he can make his mouth go knowing any negotiations fall apart quite quickly and he never actually has to fight Davis.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

At what weight? Garcia wants to drag Tank to 140, where he'll have the obvious advantage. A very familiar M.O.

So maybe Garcia should set his sights on elite fighters at 140. But he seems fixated on Tank.
    tank has already been to one forty, even won a belt there. king ry wouldn't be dragging tank anywhere. king ry v tank is a big ppv fight but i don't see it happening next. king ry v jojo is more the like

Right.

One whole fight.

Hell of a sample size.

We all know Tank's weight is south of 140.

Pauper Ry can conveniently avoid Tank because he's already claimed he doesn't want to fight him at 135.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right.

One whole fight.

Hell of a sample size.

Pauper Ry can conveniently avoid Tank because he's already claimed he doesn't want to fight him at 135.
    tank has already fought at one forty & won a belt there. sample size is all you. king ry has only fought there twice & it sounds like it was javier's team that requested this fight at the higher weight. if king ry wants to stay at one forty now then that's up to him & his team. i'd prefer tank to rematch isaac cruz anyway
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right.

One whole fight.

Hell of a sample size.

tank has already fought at one forty & won a belt there. sample size is all you. king ry has only fought there twice & it sounds like it was javier's team that requested this fight at the higher weight. if king ry wants to stay at one forty now then that's up to him & his team. i'd prefer tank to rematch isaac cruz anyway

So we agree then, that the Pauper insists on fighting Tank at 140 because he knows he'll get steamrollered at 135.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right.

One whole fight.

Hell of a sample size.

So we agree then, that the Pauper insists on fighting Tank at 140 because he knows he'll get steamrollered at 135.
    where did i say anything about king ry getting steamrollered by tank at one thirty five? king ry has responded to floyd saying any weight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

where did i say anything about king ry getting steamrollered by tank at one thirty five? king ry has responded to floyd saying any weight
    I never understood this "King Ry" stuff.

The guy is no champion, has no belts and goes around calling himself king and wears a crown??

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectJab View Post

The guy is no champion, has no belts and goes around calling himself king and wears a crown??

Most of us have never understood that. It's a sign of this new age of boxing where social media fame supersedes real achievements.

Welcome to the forum.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you've never understood nicknames?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not when it makes no sense whatsoever, no

Nicknames are earned or chosen because of i.e.
    a) background - Tyson Fury’s “Gypsy King”
    b) a play on words - Michael “Second to” Nunn / MANny PACquiao
    c) fighting style - Mike “The Body Snatcher” McCallum
    d) physical trait - Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

Nothing of the above applies to Garcia. It sounds ridiculous honestly, the closest and most accurate description at this point in his career would be The Emperor... Has No Clothes

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing of the above applies to Garcia. It sounds ridiculous honestly, the closest and most accurate description at this point in his career would be The Emperor... Has No Clothes

It's the Instagram/ TikTok age. You really can't blame them.

Here's a few famous nicknames that were more than earned...

"Hands of Stone" Roberto Durán

"The Hitman" Tommy Hearns

"Smokin'" Joe Frazier

"The Brown Bomber" Joe Louis

"Iron" Mike Tyson

"Marvelous" Marvin Hagler

I like your alternate nickname for Garcia, though. I've offered "PauperRy", but yours is just as good.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there are a bunch of boxing nicknames that make no sense, are you going to be consistent & go through those as well? not all boxing nicknames are earned. where does it say a nickname has to apply to the fighter? it may sound ridiculous to you honestly , the closest & most accurate description to a point of a fighters career is not the same thing as a nickname
    Last edited by TIC; 08-08-2022 at 05:07 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh, I forgot Gervonta "Tank" Davis.

I'm pretty sure Leo Santa Cruz would agree it is a very fitting nickname.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

king ry enters at number six at one forty with the wbc after this win

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two fights at 140 and he's already been leapfrogged into #6?

Another gem by the Worthless Boxing Council.

Thread Information