Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No Mas?

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Yes it was a no mas.

BJS should fight Eubank but they have each other so much that he will not give Eubank the rematch be graves.

Callum Smith would have been good but he will move to light heavyweight.

BJS needs to build again if he wants Golovkin but think he should move down to middleweight.

BJS v Cash or Liam Williams would be good.
    I doubt we’ll ever see him in a ring again for a number of reasons to be honest.
    1. He’s just earned £5 Million and not one of those fights mentioned above will earn him any more than a quarter of that, so why would he be motivated to fight?
    2.IMO, He’s gonna spend a bit of time mending, then he’s gonna start blowing his wedge, with Zero interest in stepping between the ropes.
    3. We’ve seen what this type of injury did to Kell Brook, and I don’t see BJS having the motivation or desire to go again.
    4. He’ll have doubts in his mind naturally, and with that in mind, there is now way he would give Eubank Jr.
    The chance to beat him when he’s on the slide. Don’t blame him tbf.
    im not sure the money is a convincing argument

if i had 5 million pounds and someone offered me another 1.25 million id still be interested
    Even though you would be risking blindness?
    Also imagine you were earning a grand a week and you lost your job. Another company offers you £250 a week to take the same job, maybe even start a tad lower and work your way up the ladder. Would you take it?
    nah I wouldnt risk blindness, money doesnt make you rich

and I don't disagree with what you said, If I was BJS id probably hang them up anyway

obviously in these situations it depends on peoples drive and willingness to stop, I mean I have very little drive when it comes to my work, i only go because i have to

i have drive when it comes to other things though that I struggle to put down and im actually not so sure they are good for my health
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No Mas?

Billy Joe Saunders corner row escalates as ex-trainer explains his role

The row over Billy Joe Saunders' corner pulling him from his fight with Canelo Alvarez has escalated further after a detailed social media post from trainer Ben Davison.

Saunders' head coach Mark Tibbs claimed in a Twitter post that Davison was 'not in our training camp' for the build-up to the fight, and that Davison 'blew down his earhole' before they decided to end the contest.

The 31-year-old British fighter was undefeated heading into the massive matchup, which had an attendance of over 73,000 fans in Dallas, Texas, but had to get surgery following injuries inflicted by his Mexican opponent.

And top trainer Ben Davison, who cornered Tyson Fury for the first half of his incredible boxing comeback, took to Facebook to argue back against Tibbs' critiques.

In a lengthy post to his personal page, Davison appeared to mock Tibbs' tweet, where he claimed he wanted to 'clarify' some details around the stoppage. Davison said: "Just to 'clarify' a few things, I was approached by Billy Joe Saunders as soon as the fight was made.

"He came down to my gym to discuss and go over the fight, which Mark knows. I was then also asked and approached to do some sessions with him when landed in Vegas for Josh Taylor’s fight.

"I was then also asked to assist in the corner on the night, which I obliged... The fighter clearly values my input, the fighter himself can confirm all of the above.

"In the corner I was often asked for my input from mark by the way of 'Ben? What do you think?' Or other similar things said which is why at times I was vocal.

"During the last interactions in the corner, in my opinion the reason Billy Joe Saunders put in his statement, which to be clear was HIS statement, that came from HIM, in which HE says I was the one who got the corner to pull the fight was because he feels there was hesitancy from Mark about stopping the fight.

"This was shown when he said 'I'm giving you one more round' which as a friend and as a coach wasn’t an option considering the extent of the injury.

"Of course in the end Mark waved it off, but before that I felt in that situation someone needed to get a grip of the situation (which is why I whispered in his ear) and from Billy Joe Saunders' statement it seems HE feels that came from myself (his words, not mine)."

Davison went on to criticize how the aftermath of the fight was handled from Team Saunders, and reminding his readers that he was fully focused on Josh Taylor's upcoming fight this Saturday against Jose Ramirez in Vegas.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news...rtan-ntp-feeds
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information