Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelos gloves - "Everlast MX" doing serious damage

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Gloves don't break people's faces...

Exactly. Here we're talking about the lack of a glove causing the damage or at least a lack of padding in the knuckle area of the glove meaning the wearer can inflict more damage. It may even be that the lack of padding coupled with the resultant shape and form of the leather could be able to inflict even more damage than a bare fist.

I can see future opponents asking either for the same gloves or for both fighters to wear different gloves. With the benefit of hindsight Saunders shouldn't have focused on the size of the ring, there was a more kinetic issue he should have threatened to walk away over.
    Where's Saunders on this glove-gate? Has he and team filed or sought official complaint etc. I know Khan has chimed in ironically enough about being the hardest he's been hit and horse hair gloves but haven't seen what others thought. Is bit of a strange work through though. Khan the smaller very much chinnier than a BJ or Smith yet no where near the fractures or such. I can see suspicions and as a guy who has massaged and swerved some 'norms', manipulated status Canelo has put the target on his back. The horseshat he pulled with Angulo same day contract change was enough for me, but stuff like this quickly falls into accusations from the sidelines that can be washed either way to suit opinion. A lot of that these day in society. Politics, sports and so on. Next thing you know we're into Deontay Wilder territory accusing Fury of loaded gloves, the solar eclipse and blaming the weight of his socks. Maybe they can get Oscar or other former members to opine with behind the scenes knowledge as Eddie screwed them over and stole his golden goose. Would be interesting to see some proposals on unified rules and commission standard on gloves and gear but we're missing the forest through the Red wood tree a bit. That's the real reform and crooked area. We literally have States who borrow boxing commissions from other States because they don't have one. Just as we have boxers who borrow gear and cornermen. Start at the foundation of this, unified State requirements and regulation or no sanctioned events.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The funny thing about this thread is the moron(s) that don't get the irony. Egg weights. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i hope canelo doesn't break caleb
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Gloves don't break people's faces...

Exactly. Here we're talking about the lack of a glove causing the damage or at least a lack of padding in the knuckle area of the glove meaning the wearer can inflict more damage. It may even be that the lack of padding coupled with the resultant shape and form of the leather could be able to inflict even more damage than a bare fist.

I can see future opponents asking either for the same gloves or for both fighters to wear different gloves. With the benefit of hindsight Saunders shouldn't have focused on the size of the ring, there was a more kinetic issue he should have threatened to walk away over.
    Where's Saunders on this glove-gate? Has he and team filed or sought official complaint etc. I know Khan has chimed in ironically enough about being the hardest he's been hit and horse hair gloves but haven't seen what others thought. Is bit of a strange work through though. Khan the smaller very much chinnier than a BJ or Smith yet no where near the fractures or such. I can see suspicions and as a guy who has massaged and swerved some 'norms', manipulated status Canelo has put the target on his back. The horseshat he pulled with Angulo same day contract change was enough for me, but stuff like this quickly falls into accusations from the sidelines that can be washed either way to suit opinion. A lot of that these day in society. Politics, sports and so on. Next thing you know we're into Deontay Wilder territory accusing Fury of loaded gloves, the solar eclipse and blaming the weight of his socks. Maybe they can get Oscar or other former members to opine with behind the scenes knowledge as Eddie screwed them over and stole his golden goose. Would be interesting to see some proposals on unified rules and commission standard on gloves and gear but we're missing the forest through the Red wood tree a bit. That's the real reform and crooked area. We literally have States who borrow boxing commissions from other States because they don't have one. Just as we have boxers who borrow gear and cornermen. Start at the foundation of this, unified State requirements and regulation or no sanctioned events.
    Saunders likely won't say anything anytime soon because it looks like sour grapes and a bit Deontay Wilder. It'll be interesting to see what future opponents have to say though. If I was fighting him next I'd be wanting him to wear a standard glove from a known manufacturer. If his last couple of opponents have gone public with their opinions you can bet everybody else in boxing has one as well. I'm sure we'll hear more about it eventually.

Thread Information