2 of Canelos last 3 opponents have suffered Nasty injuries.

Amir Khan said it was like being hit with a baseball bat when Canelo hit him and that the horsehair padding slides back up the glove exposing the knuckles.

What Khan said in 2020 -

Khan, who opted to wear a different type of Everlast glove, told FightHype: "Every glove is different. When I fought Canelo, he had the Everlast horsehair gloves on.

"When I put my hand in, it was like pushing to the wall, but you’re going to damage your hand as well.

“They were solid. It was like being hit with a baseball bat. The foam padding ones, the shape always stays the same. With the horsehair, it fades more towards the back of the hand.

"So that way, your knuckles are more visible. Without padding in the way, that’s going to put more pressure on your knuckle. So you’re going to be hit with a bare hand.

Canelo’s gloves hand nothing in them – Khan
“You’ve got Grant, you’ve got Rivals, you’ve got Everlast,” said Khan about the different glove types.’ You’ve got all kinds of different types of gloves. Every glove is different and made in a different way. Nowadays, you can talk to the owner, and say, ‘Listen, I want a knockout glove. Make sure the padding is more on the wrist and not on the knuckle…I can call up and say ‘I’ve got bad hands.

“I need more padding on the right hand,’ and he’ll say, ‘No problem.’ So imagine someone saying, ‘Look, take the padding away from the hand and put it more on the top half. They should have one glove [for everyone]. That’s why they have these brutal knockouts happening.

“When you’re fighting someone, and you know they’re wearing a certain glove, you know what their game plan is. You’ve got guys that aren’t really punchers, and they’re going to wear the smaller Reyes gloves. You think this guy is going to try and knock you out. I’m going to have to be smart in this fight and be prepared.

“Then you’ve got Canelo, who is wearing the MX gloves, and they’ve got nothing in them. I knew that he was just looking for that one big shot. You know the mentality from the type of gloves they’re wearing. Try it next time. When you see a fighter, look at the type of gloves they have, and that’ll tell you about his game plan,” said Khan.

Canelos smashed Saunders eye socket to bits with one punch and Callum Smith suffered a detached bicep after Canelo purposely targeted his arm.

Smith -

"I said to Joe in round one, 'He's aiming for my arm.' Every right hook he was throwing, he was going for my arm.

"And then I think I said to Joe in round four or something, 'My arm is f***ed.""