Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fury v Joshua contract NOT SIGNED, says Warren.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Joshua contract NOT SIGNED, says Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    14 million is a relatively low ball offer that could be accepted by all parties interested in the Saudi fight.

Fury could do with another fight, so beating Wilder down in summer would set him up well for Joshua in Winter 2021.

Yep.

Both AJ and Fury are relatively young by heavyweight standards... and no reason why their fight can't still be made down the line assuming Fury dispatches Wilder again, and AJ doesn't stumble while looking ahead to Fury.

TBH, I along with half the Western Hemisphere were pretty tired of the usual, predictable pre-fight soap opera... so maybe it's not a bad thing that Wilder has stepped in and thrown a monkey wrench into the proceedings.

At least someone's bound to fight, hopefully soon.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly little interest in a Wilder-Fury thrice and not convinced Usyk doesn't box AJs ears off . That's a great fight. Once again we got over our skis in the build up reality tv skit of boxing and promoters knew it was on shaky ice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now we hear that 'Bum Squad' wants 20 million to step aside for Fury to fight Joshua. He is not worth 20 dollars. He has been beaten twice, the last time literally beaten up. He has zero chance against Fury. The game has been severely messed up by Egocentric promoters who really think that the fans care what they wear on Youtube and too many titles. Joshua ,Fury is a real chance for sports fans to see that boxing is for real. What other sport has to put up with "He's the champion of the world, or it could be him,,,wait a minute what about him and then again there's...." Veary dreary for our great sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now we hear that 'Bum Squad' wants 20 million to step aside for Fury to fight Joshua. He is not worth 20 dollars. He has been beaten twice, the last time literally beaten up. He has zero chance against Fury. The game has been severely messed up by Egocentric promoters who really think that the fans care what they wear on Youtube and too many titles. Joshua ,Fury is a real chance for sports fans to see that boxing is for real. What other sport has to put up with "He's the champion of the world, or it could be him,,,wait a minute what about him and then again there's...." Very dreary for our great sport.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua is scared of the BIG fight-Wilder and now Fury. That much is clear now.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Am I missing something here, is this some sort of joke or an attempt at sarcasm?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Am I missing something here, is this some sort of joke or an attempt at sarcasm?
    Quit making excuses for Joshua. He ran from Wilder and now he is running from Fury. lol...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So fury is fighting wilder in July now it seems, contracts signed.... I'm surprised they couldn't agree to get wilder out the way, fury should win pretty easy but there's a small chance of wilder landing something lucky and fury not getting up in time :S

Maybe we'll get wilder v usyk for all four belts later in the year.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I was Joshua, I’d be pretty pissed off with the Fury mob.

He has done nothing wrong, and had to listen to Fury and his team shouting their mouths off in the press to make the fight. Then listening to them say it’s not happening, then listen to them saying it is happening and trash talking him .... while all the time they knew Wilder had a cast iron third fight contract signed and legally in place.

”No matter what people say, no matter what the excuse and explanation .... whatever someone does in the end is what they intended to do all along” - Cus D’Amato
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can't help but wonder that it's written in the stars that wilder lands and sparks Fury.

There's a part of me now wants them both to get sparked and miss out on the huge pay day.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quit making excuses for Joshua. He ran from Wilder and now he is running from Fury. lol...
    How am I making excuses for Joshua? Wilder didn’t want the Joshua fight and lied through his back teeth. FACT.
    And team Fury supposedly negotiated a fight with Joshua knowing there was a possibility that they would have to fight Wilder. You do know that it’s Fury that pulled out?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

If I was Joshua, I’d be pretty pissed off with the Fury mob.

He has done nothing wrong, and had to listen to Fury and his team shouting their mouths off in the press to make the fight. Then listening to them say it’s not happening, then listen to them saying it is happening and trash talking him .... while all the time they knew Wilder had a cast iron third fight contract signed and legally in place.

”No matter what people say, no matter what the excuse and explanation .... whatever someone does in the end is what they intended to do all along” - Cus D’Amato

To be fair both sides negotiated knowing the arbitration case was hanging over the whole thing. Probably both sides thought that Wilder didn't fancy the fight and was only pursuing arbitration so that he could put a spanner in the works and be able to demand step aside money to let the fight go ahead.

If the reports of a hundred and fifty plus million site fee from Saudi are true then you can see how that would have blinded both sides to the Wilder situation. They would have been thinking we'll just pay him off and give him the option of fighting the winner and if you believe Arum that's what they offered him. But for whatever reason Wilder actually wants the Fury fight even though he'd be better off taking the payday and waiting for a bigger fight with the winner.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andy Ruiz calls for Anthony Joshua trilogy fight after Tyson Fury signs to face Deontay Wilder

Andy Ruiz Jr has called for a trilogy fight against Anthony Joshua after the Briton’s undisputed bout against Tyson Fury collapsed last week.

Joshua has been left aggrieved after an arbitrator ruled that Fury must honour a previous contract and rematch Deontay Wilder next.

Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, has accused Fury and his camp of purposefully dodging the bout, despite months of protracted negotiations.

Fury signed his contract to face Wilder live on ESPN last Saturday before Josh Taylor defeated Jose Ramirez to become the undisputed champion of the light welterweight division, Joshua, who holds the IBF, WBA and WBO belts, has now been ordered to face his mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk as a result, with negotiations ongoing for a London stadium bout later this summer.

If Joshua does not agree a deal to fight Usyk, he will have to vacate the belt, however, Hearn said no options are being ruled out and revealed a third fight against Ruiz in the US remains a possibility.

He told iFL TV: “In an ideal world, if there’s good business to be done with Oleksandr Usyk, it’s got to be good business for him as well, that’s the fight next.

“I wouldn’t rule out any scenario at the moment for Anthony Joshua. We’ve probably got 10 days to decide what we’re going to do.

“There’s quite a few (options). If you’re going to America, he’s already messaged me, it’s like deja vu, Andy Ruiz. He messaged me on Instagram and said: ‘I’m ready, let’s do this, AJ v Ruiz three’. That’s a fight I think we’d be interested in, if you’re going to America, Luis Ortiz is another guy you could fight.

“If you’re doing the UK, I don’t know... Dillian Whyte, that’s a fight to make.”

Joshua reclaimed his belts from Ruiz in December 2019 after a spectacular upset in their first fight. The Mexican has since teamed up with Canelo Alvarez’s trainer, Eddie Reynoso, and made a belated ring return against Chris Arreola earlier this month.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...rtan-ntp-feeds
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury: Eddie Hearn accuses Team Fury of making ‘zero attempt’ to salvage fight

Eddie Hearn has accused Tyson Fury and his team of making “zero attempt” to salvage the fight with Anthony Joshua.

Fury and Joshua had been scheduled for a bout in Saudi Arabia on August 14 before a judge ruled in the wake of an arbitration hearing that Fury needed to fight Deontay Wilder first.

It had initially been expected that a multi-million payout would be used to make Wilder step aside, but the American will now meet Fury for a third time on July 24.

And Hearn told IFL TV: “Team Fury made absolutely zero attempt to try and save the Anthony Joshua fight. Zero attempt.

“To call up and say ‘I can’t believe it, it’s preposterous and we’re just going to go ahead with the Wilder fight, so cheers mate, thanks for everything and we’ll catch up soon’.

“If this was me in that case, I would have done absolutely everything I could to save this fight, they didn’t try one thing.

“AJ feels that Fury never wanted to fight him and that Fury was using his name for clout.

“I was told that arbitration would not get in the way of this fight. The whole thing stinks.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...rtan-ntp-feeds
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd rather see Joshua fight Eddie Hearn than I would Ruiz III. And he should if Hearn keeps shopping that as an option while 'avoiding' Usyk. AJ has to feel like he's been played hard and be a bit fed up at this point. Heavyweights are real a mess right now and they all want unnecessary do-overs.

Thread Information