Larry the wrestler thinks it was a setup because
1. It took place in Tokyo- with little promoting- in fact promoting as I understand wasn't even done much in Tokyo where they sold around 30 thousand in a 60 thousand capacity place...how could so many people not want to see the champ, unless it wasnt really promoted? I remember back then, I didnt really see advertising.
2. There was a sense of predictability- Tyson was going to go to jail & they didnt want that to taint the HW title- HW champ going to jail.

While it is hard to believe his friend took the photo & was the only one to supposedly hear Tyson yell to Buster (NOW!)

I do wonder... I just watched the intro to this fight - Ray Leonard claimed this was 1st time Tyson didnt have a big entourage he believed because Mike was focus. Well I think maybe no reason for his boys to see him get dusted (if Larry Zbyszko) is right this was fixed for him to give the belt up before incarceration.

Plus in their segment on Tyson- Jim Lamply IMO contradicts Ray's claim of a focused tyson by saying he spent quite a few days watching karate movies.
And what I never knew- was that he was there for a month. How could he have had a month to train and look so lethargic?
1ts round he continually rushed in, only to do nothing. Not very Tysoneque.

I've only watched the fight once and from what I remember Tyson got whooped. But If I were to envision the fight being a setup...