Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny vs Ugas

Pac's team needs to be realistic and put their feet down. Pac is not the type of fighter who can fight into old age. He has never been a fundamentally sound or technical fighter and relies on his physical attributes to win fights.

Once those attributes are gone, like we saw the other night tonight, he will be sitting duck/punching bag. His only saving grace is that it wasn't Spence in there with him tonight, or else It would have been a repeat of what he did to Oscar. The sharks will start circling and will be looking to use his name as a launching pad. I can imagine then trying to feed him to Ortiz or Ennis if it's viable.

As for Ugas a lot of people underestimate Cuban boxers. He's been avoided for a while but guys like Garcia and Porter (Who I thought he beat) have been favored. FK all of you! PATRIA Y VIDA!!
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 08-24-2021 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He got asked in the ring afterwards if it was going to be his last fight and he gave a politician's answer. He won't be back, he's a politician now. He's going to run for president.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post

As for Ugas a lot of people underestimate Cuban boxers. He's been avoided for a while but guys like Garcia and Porter (Who I thought he beat) have been favored. FK all of you! PATRIA Y VIDA!!
    Porter just stated he questioned if Pac had ever fought a Cuban- stating his inability to adapt may have been based on just that- not use to Cuban style of boxing.

As for Pac stating his legs were tight, I don't view that as Pac wanting to run or chase down rather his ability to dart in and out may have been compromised. Otherwise Ugas was right in his grill, all night long.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Holy hell!!!

Magsayo turns the fight on its head and knocks out Ceja cold with right hand in round 10. He went for broke and got the win.
    If you get a chance to watch this undercard fight do it. Excellent and intriguing contest with a fantastic ending.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ONE LAST FIGHT? Manny Pacquiao considering Yordenis Ugas rematch in January as he brands Cuban ‘one of my easiest opponents’ despite defeat

Manny Pacquiao has revealed that he is considering taking a rematch with Yordenis Ugas in January, following his defeat on Saturday night.

The legendary eight-weight world champion was upset by the crafty Cuban, who made him look his age at 42 and outboxed him for a unanimous decision win.

In the immediate aftermath, Pacquiao hinted at retirement.

Three days later, he has not ruled this out, but is also thinking about one last fight.

Pacquiao told The Athletic: “Yes, I can come back in January. I will see about it.

It is known that Pacquiao, who’s already a senator, is intending to run for the presidency in his home country of the Philippines next year.

However, formal campaigning doesn’t begin until February and so could allow Manny time for the rematch.

Reflecting on the fight, he surprisingly said: “In my entire career, Ugas was one of the easiest opponents.

“He only had one style, and I should’ve been able to easily move away…

“You’ve seen how I have moved in my fights before. I couldn’t move in this fight. My legs just – stopped…

“He shouldn’t have touched me.

“When I moved here [to the right], I had nothing.

“You know how I move. You’ve seen it so many times.

“Every time I tried, I was left to just block with my hands.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...-ugas-rematch/

“I know I can rematch him if I want. I’ll just need to tell Al Haymon. That would be no problem.

“I will think about it because I can’t believe that one of the easiest opponents I ever faced did that.”

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

As for Pac stating his legs were tight, I don't view that as Pac wanting to run or chase down rather his ability to dart in and out may have been compromised. Otherwise Ugas was right in his grill, all night long.
    I think Pac-man is last of dying breed. He's had 72 fights. That was nothing 50, 60 years ago or even 25 years ago. But nowadays ? With these twice a year (max) top fighters. You know you look back in boxing history at the likes of Sugar Ray Robinson.

When Ray Robinson fought Jake La Motto he was 40-0. He'd already beaten him once. Ray was a welterweight and Jake was a middleweight. 14 pounds didn't make any different. Robinson fought him at middle. They fight for a second time LaMotta wins the fight on a brutal 15 round UD.

They fight again 21 days later !!

But it's gets better.

Ray fight's a 10 rounder in between to prepare !!

So Ray wins his 3rd fight against LaMotta and then goes undefeated over his next 80 fights (And those 80 fights are over about 9 years) until he fought Joey Maxim for the light heavyweight championship and when you think Ray weighed as a middleweight (159 pounds) for the fight and Joey Maxim weighed (173 pounds)

So today it'd be like Demetrius Andrade (Weighing 160) fighting Artur Beterbiev (Weighing 175) in fact we don't even have to go that high even Andrade against an Anthony Yarde or Joe Smith Jnr would be a serious beatdown for Andrade

But Ray didn't care about the weight difference and he passed out in the ring in 12th when he was ahead on points and one of the reasons he lost was because they weren't really up on sports science and hydration bk then and fighters would spit out the water instead of swallowing it. The fight against Maxim in Yankee stadium was so hot and sweltering that they had to carry the ref (Ruby Goldstein) out of the ring in 10th round and bring in a replacement

And that was the best performance of Sugar Ray's life.

I know I'm going off on a tangent here. That's why the likes Mayweather and his "TBE" needs to check himself bcoz those guys back in the day were superhuman and as I say. You're not see gonna top fighters like Pac-Man fighting 70 times anymore
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 08-25-2021 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ONE LAST FIGHT? Manny Pacquiao considering Yordenis Ugas rematch in January as he brands Cuban ‘one of my easiest opponents’ despite defeat

Manny Pacquiao has revealed that he is considering taking a rematch with Yordenis Ugas in January, following his defeat on Saturday night.

The legendary eight-weight world champion was upset by the crafty Cuban, who made him look his age at 42 and outboxed him for a unanimous decision win.

Three days later, he has not ruled this out, but is also thinking about one last fight.

Pacquiao told The Athletic: “Yes, I can come back in January. I will see about it.

It is known that Pacquiao, who’s already a senator, is intending to run for the presidency in his home country of the Philippines next year.

However, formal campaigning doesn’t begin until February and so could allow Manny time for the rematch.

Reflecting on the fight, he surprisingly said: “In my entire career, Ugas was one of the easiest opponents.

“You’ve seen how I have moved in my fights before. I couldn’t move in this fight. My legs just – stopped…

“I know I can rematch him if I want. I’ll just need to tell Al Haymon. That would be no problem.

“I will think about it because I can’t believe that one of the easiest opponents I ever faced did that.”

Darnit why do they always break our hearts?! Just dont know when to let it be. Dude is gonna mess around and get beatan. Badly.

I still cringe when I think of how Joe Smith Blasted Bhop out the ring. How Roy Jones falls flat from a single shot...like he is dead on the canvas. Tyson sitting on his arse -against a foe who couldnt make top 50....Ray Leonard getting stopped by Camacho. DLH sitting on the stool quitting against Pac. James Toney going 4-4 in his last 8 fights losing unanimous to dudes with a 9-3 record or a 23-16 record... Gatti getting his mouth ripped open by a reality boxer....

Pac talkin like he was a defensive genius...WOW. Let it go Pac. We love you man, Just walk away!!!

Now Pac

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

Darnit why do they always break our hearts?! Just dont know when to let it be. Dude is gonna mess around and get beatan. Badly.

I still cringe when I think of how Joe Smith Blasted Bhop out the ring. How Roy Jones falls flat from a single shot...like he is dead on the canvas. Tyson sitting on his arse -against a foe who couldnt make top 50....Ray Leonard getting stopped by Camacho. DLH sitting on the stool quitting against Pac. James Toney going 4-4 in his last 8 fights losing unanimous to dudes with a 9-3 record or a 23-16 record... Gatti getting his mouth ripped open by a reality boxer....

Pac talkin like he was a defensive genius...WOW. Let it go Pac. We love you man, Just walk away!!!

Now Pac

The DLH one I enjoyed.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bernard Hopkins Urges Manny Pacquiao To Forget Boxing And 'Run' His Country

ernard Hopkins has an important advice for Manny Pacquiao.

Longevity is something not all professional boxers have. Among the few who have managed to enjoy a lasting career in the sport are Pacquiao and Hopkins.

Like the “Pac-Man,” Hopkins too fought a wide array of world champions from different eras.

While some are convinced that Pacquiao still has a lot left in his tank, “B-Hop” is already urging the Filipino boxer to consider calling it a career.

For Hopkins, Pacquiao should now focus on how he could run his country and forget about boxing.

“I hope [Manny] Pacquiao change his mind,” Hopkins recently told Elie Seckbach of EsNews. “I hope he runs the country, I hope. He can do a lot for that country.”

Hopkins last fought in 2016 at age 51. The former multi-division champ suffered a humiliating KO loss to the much younger Joe Smith Jr.

When asked about how a fighter would know when to finally hang the gloves, the 56-year-old pointed out that he has to be true to himself as all boxers know when they are done.

“When you done, you done,” he stressed. “Normally you gotta be honest with yourself and it’s the individual who know themselves more than anybody. More than anybody! The question should be ‘what you fighting for’. What was it all you are so fighting for?”

Pacquiao will be turning 43 on December 17. Many, including his long-time trainer Freddie Roach, are starting to think that the upset loss to WBA welterweight champion Yordenis Ugas marked the beginning of the end for the future Hall of Famer.

However, according to Pacquiao’s personal assistant, the world’s only eight-division titlist isn’t done yet and will be making another comeback in either “December” or “early January” next year.

Despite being handed a devastating loss, Pacquiao is still brimming with confidence and insisted that Ugas was “one of the easiest” opponents he has ever faced.

Moreover, he is looking forward to a possible rematch against the Cuban champ in January.

"In my entire career, [Yordenis] Ugas was one of the easiest opponents," Pacquiao assessed. "[Ugas] only had one style, and I should've been able to easily move away, you've seen how I have moved in my fights before. I couldn't move in this fight. My legs just stopped."

"I can come back in January,” he added. “I will see about it. I know I can rematch [Ugas] if I want.”

https://www.ibtimes.com/bernard-hopk...ountry-3295714

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with BHop on Manny. The lighter you are the sooner you should go.

Thread Information