Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin v Ryoto Murata

I might be rooting for a draw here . If only to see Canelos cushy cash grab contract implode. Or Golovkin caves Murata in (more than likely) and defends. I love Golovkin nothing but respect but this still requires him to literally follow Canelo up..who will be coming off another 175 v Bivol . And at what CW will this be. Should Canelo um win of course. I get it..nothing sells like a true rivalry and familiarity to fans. But the honest truth is these two have gone in opposite directions over the last 4 years.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ggg chasing those dollars. i think ggg is only an option for canelo so could see canelo going in a different direction
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gennady Golovkin has insisted there is ‘no bad blood’ between him and Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez, after recently calling him out for indecent behaviour.

That’s despite Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn claiming ‘they can’t stand each other’ amid reports ‘Triple GGG’ will fight the Mexican for a third time at some point later this year.

Canelo Alvarez, 31, has also accused Golovkin of talking ‘a lot of s***’ over the years as their rivalry continues to bubble away beneath the surface.

But Golovkin, who will face Ryoto Murata in a middleweight unification on April 9, insists he bears no grudges against Alvarez.

However, he did admit that they aren’t exactly the best of friends either.

The Kazakh, 39, told The Sun: “First of all, there’s no bad blood from my side, I’m not taking it personal.

“But commenting on his approach, he says it’s personal, where has he been after our second fight?

“For so long, why did he try to accumulate that bad blood?

“That is kind of unprofessional, too low when a fighter describes his approach to a fight in that way.”

Canelo currently reigns supreme at the top of the super-middleweight division with wins over Caleb Plant and Billy Joe Saunders, while Golovkin secured his first victory since 2019 last time out against Kamil Szeremeta.

The two rivals are reportedly in talks to meet in a trilogy fight in September following their pair of thrillers in 2017 and 2018.

Yet the Kazakh claims a deal is far from done despite reports suggesting otherwise.

He added: “It’s premature to have a discussion, there’s too many ‘ifs’. If one fighter beats the other fighter and so on.

“Let’s wait till May, let’s wait till our fights are behind us, then we can discuss and we’ll have a better understanding of what’s going on.

“Of course, I’m always excited to get back in the ring and it’s great that boxing is coming back.

“The entire approach, the entire tradition of boxing is still alive.

“I’m also excited that I have enough strength to continue to demonstrate quality boxing to my fans.

“So you’ll continue to see me in the ring.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

where is the outrage for ryoto for taking on such an over the hill ggg? didn't canelo wait until ggg got old before he fought him? & this is over four years since then
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    where is the outrage for ryoto for taking on such an over the hill ggg? didn't canelo wait until ggg got old before he fought him? & this is over four years since then
    Where is your outrage that Canelo is lined to face Golovkin if both win their next fights?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Where is your outrage that Canelo is lined to face Golovkin if both win their next fights?
    is that fight officially signed?

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lined up.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lined up.
    so not official? ryoto is fighting ggg this weekend. didn't canelo wait for ggg to get old before fighting him over four years ago? all these fighters fighting ggg after canelo did must be considered waiting him out as well

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doesn’t matter whether it’s official or not. Canelo SAID “the next fight with GGG is personal.” Even if it doesn’t happen, why the fuck is he wasting his time giving the idea any oxygen?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Doesn’t matter whether it’s official or not. Canelo SAID “the next fight with GGG is personal.” Even if it doesn’t happen, why the fuck is he wasting his time giving the idea any oxygen?
    it does matter if it is official or not. because they may not ever fight again. canelo can say it would be personal. it would be easy money for canelo so that might be a reason

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it does matter if it is official or not. because they may not ever fight again. canelo can say it would be personal. it would be easy money for canelo so that might be a reason
    Making up your little distinctions to suit your argument again. Technically Golovikin has not fought Murata yet as they have not faced each other in the ring.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Making up your little distinctions to suit your argument again. Technically Golovikin has not fought Murata yet as they have not faced each other in the ring.
    is ggg v ryoto officially signed?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

personally i never thought canelo waited ggg out. i thought ggg was still close to prime when canelo fought him both times & i still think ggg is a dangerous fight for most around the weight. if ggg beats ryoto & canelo fights him straight after dmitry it would still be a fight against a two belt unified middleweight champion & i'd say it makes good money. not really a waste of time fight for me

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gennady Golovkin excited for fight with Japanese superstar Ryota Murata as he insists Canelo Alvarez trilogy talk is ‘premature’

Gennady Golovkin has told talkSPORT.com that he is relishing the opportunity to face Ryota Murata in his home country on Saturday.

The Japanese superstar won Olympic gold at London 2012 and shot to stardom as a result.

His fights have been watched by gigantic audience numbers in Japan, and his popularity is so great that a world renowned star in Golovkin is happy to travel to Saitama to face him.

“I already have an experience of going to Japan,” GGG told talkSPORT.com, “During my amateur career I participated in an event there.

“Of course it’s always a challenge to come to a new country and to fight there.

“I’m very looking forward to fighting in Japan.”

GGG currently holds the IBF middleweight world title, while Murata is WBA champion. They will meet in a unification of the belts.

Golovkin continued: “Ryota Murata is a solid fighter, he’s a former Olympic champion, he’s a current world champion and it’s all for a reason of course, he earned that.

“And I should say that fighters of his level are the reason for an event of this kind to be organised.

“It’s going to be a terrific event.

“Ryota Murata is the reason I’m coming to his country to fight.

“It’s going to be an amazing event for the world of boxing and this is something that we are looking forward to.”

It’s known that Golovkin has already signed for a trilogy fight with Canelo Alvarez on September 17.

However, he must first beat Murata and hope his Mexican rival overcomes Dmitry Bivol in order for the bout to take place.

As a result, GGG insisted: “I believe it’s too early to talk about this.

“I think time will come and we’ll be happy to discuss that, but this is premature.

“I think we should focus on the fight in front of us.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...anelo-alvarez/

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

personally i never thought canelo waited ggg out. i thought ggg was still close to prime when canelo fought him both times & i still think ggg is a dangerous fight for most around the weight. if ggg beats ryoto & canelo fights him straight after dmitry it would still be a fight against a two belt unified middleweight champion & i'd say it makes good money. not really a waste of time fight for me
    Hang on a minute, 2 posts ago you were slating Murata for fighting an over the hill GGG. Now you’re trying to justify Canelo v GGG 3 . Comical.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information