Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Gennady Golovkin v Ryoto Murata

Gennady Golovkin eyes New Year's Eve bout with Ryoto Murata as Triple G plans to unify division

Gennady Golovkin has given up any hope of fighting bitter rival Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in a winner-takes-all trilogy bout because the Mexican wants to unify the super-middleweight division in 2021.

Kazakh Golovkin (41-1-1, 36 KO's) has instead set his sights on Ryoto Murata, according to World Boxing News.

The IBF middleweight world champion is set to defend his belt against an as yet unnamed opponent this summer, but it appears he already has unification plans of his own as he eyes a high-stakes shootout with the WBA world titleholder.

Golovkin lost his WBA (Super), WBC and IBO middleweight titles to Alvarez in September 2018 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas in a majority decision which was deemed highly controversial at the time, almost a year to the day when the pair shared a thrilling draw in their first meeting.

Their fates have always seemed inextricably intertwined, but they've gone their separate ways over the last few years.

Golovkin has picked up wins over Sergiy Derevyanchenko and Kamil Szeremeta while Alvarez has beaten the likes of Sergey Kovalev and Callum Smith.

It was just a couple of weeks ago that Billy Joe Saunders was stopped in the eighth round by Alvarez, a fight in which Golovkin's presence was noticeably absent from ringside.

Back then, Alvarez admitted he would be happy to run it back with Golovkin, but talks regarding a possible bout with IBF super-middleweight champion Caleb Plant appear to have picked up steam once again.

Thankfully, there's no shortage of options for 'Triple G', as the middleweight division is one of the most talent-rich weight classes in the sport.

Jermall Charlo and Chris Eubank Jr have both expressed sincere interest in taking on Golovkin.

But it seems like the coronavirus pandemic has all but ended any hope of Golovkin or Alvarez fighting again anytime soon.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...rtan-ntp-feeds
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin v Ryoto Murata

New Year’s Eve for fucks sake. It’s not even June! What’s the cunt waiting for? His 40th Birthday?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ggg v ryota

unless ggg gets old overnight he ices ryota
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

‘I just heard this crack’ – George Groves recalls sparring a prime Gennady Golovkin and being left struggling to breathe

Gennady Golovkin broke George Groves’ rib during a sparring session which left the Brit struggling to breathe.

The former middleweight kingpin is one the biggest punchers pound-for-pound in boxing and had a fearsome aura around him during a sensational run between his debut and 2017.

Hailing from Kazakhstan, the 39-year-old has never been stopped, or even knocked down, in boxing and has the power to make anyone’s life a living hell.

Former super-middleweight world champion Groves found this out firsthand when he sparred him at The Summit up in Big Bear Lake under the watchful eye of Abel Sanchez.

Despite the offer of protection, ‘Saint George’ refused and ended up with a hospital bill to boot.

“So Gennady wears this body protector,” Groves told Boxing Social. “It’s like an American football body armour thing.

“It’s this thin plastic thing and it goes around your ribs. And he said, ‘Do you want one?’ And I said. ‘No, I’m not a f****!’

“He was like, ‘Are you sure? Because Gennady wears one?’ And I said no because it would get in the way.

“So I did the first spar and I did okay, but I’m breathing heavy and I’m struggling a bit. I think we did three/four rounds and that was enough, he had other sparring partners there.

“This was his last week of sparring before he is fighting and I was fresh off the plane from a KO loss in front of everyone.

“So I said I had to do a bit better next time. He asked again, ‘Do you want the body belt?’ And I said, ‘No, I’m not a m****, I don’t want it.’

“So we get involved and I am doing much better this time; I’m catching him, I’m sticking it on him a bit but I’m conscious of the unfitness so I don’t want to gas out.

“Gennady is just brilliant, he has got that phenomenal power and it must all come from his lats, but he punches down on you and it’s a touch-touch-whip.

“I’m a wily old dog by now, I’ve been in there with everyone and you can’t do touch-touch-whip to me and get it odd – but he was!

“I didn’t even know it was coming and it wasn’t like I could get the arm there in time but he got through it. I didn’t even see it coming.

“So I probably get a little bit carried away, right hand happy I used to be, and then he goes touch-touch-whip and I just hear this *crack*.

“There’s no help being 10,000 feet above sea level, but I can’t really get much air and the air that is coming in is actually really hurting. So I come back to the corner and was like, ‘I think he has broken my rib’.

“I didn’t want to get out, but there isn’t really a lot in this for me right now! So we said, ‘Abel, he’s hurt his rib.’

“And he said, ‘Okay, do you know where the hospital is?’”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...nady-golovkin/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ggg v ryota

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gennady Golovkin announces return to the ring after year-long absence

IBO and IBF world champion Golovkin will face Ryota Murata in Japan on his return to the ring at the end of December, as he looks to unify the middleweight division

Gennady Golovkin will return to the ring in a unification bout against Ryota Murata at the end of the year.

The fight has been in the pipeline for a long time but has now been officially confirmed for December 28 in Japan.

Golovkin will bring his 'Big Drama Show' to Murata's home territory with the fight taking place on the border of Tokyo in Saitama.

And the 39-year-old is hoping to add another belt to his collection with the possibility of a potential trilogy match against Canelo Alvarez looming.

"I am really excited to be bringing the Big Drama Show to Japan, a country where boxing is very popular," said Golovkin. "Ryōta Murata has been an outstanding champion.

"It is going to be a special night when we meet in the ring to unify our titles. We are going to give the fans a great fight.

Golovkin's last ring outing came back in December last year when he defeated Kamil Szeremeta comfortably, dropping his opponent four times before his seventh round retirement.

The Kazakh fighter only has one blotch on his record after losing in a historic rematch with Alvarez.

An explosive first meeting was touted as a modern-era classic after the middleweight champion was left frustrated, being held to a controversial draw in 2017.

And the second meeting ended in another close decision with the pound-for-pound king gaining the narrow nod over Golovkin by majority decision with the Kazakh fighter forced to regroup.

He has since began another win streak, defeating Steve Rolls before reclaiming world champion status by dethroning Sergiy Derevyanchenko.

But his latest test will come against a relatively untested opponent who has already suffered two defeats during his 18-fight career.

Who wins on December 29- Gennady Golovkin or Ryota Murata? Let us know your prediction in the comments section below.

Although the Japanese fighter is ready to take control of the fight and believes he has prepared his whole life to face Golovkin.

"I feel that my entire amateur and professional boxing career has been a preparation for this fight against Gennady Golovkin. This fight will determine my place in the middleweight division and boxing history," said Murata.

"Gennady Golovkin has long been the standard-bearer of the middleweight division. To me, he is still undefeated.

"I have the highest respect for him. It has been almost two years since my last fight, because of the pandemic, but I have put that time to good use, working very hard with my trainers on improving my physical conditioning and adding more power to my punches.

"I am so proud Japan is hosting this fight. It is a great honour for me."

Eddie Hearn is set to offer the possibility of facing Golovkin next to Alvarez who has just become undisputed champion at 168lbs after defeating Caleb Plant.

However the Mexican could opt to switch back to light-heavyweight with Artur Beterbiev and Dmitry Bivol keen to challenge the pound-for-pound leading fighter.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...urata-25446229

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin has had a great career, but he must still feel shortchanged. Coming up, he was avoided by everybody for years and years. He was the best middleweight in the world for ages before he was actually recognised as such.

He then gets completely robbed by the judges (at least once, possibly twice). Then get gets frozen out all over again until he is ancient.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No Ward, No Charlo, No 168.

Now he is just waiting for the trilogy.

He did beat a tiny Kell Brook though..

Did he ever unify a division?

Are we going to ignore the missed potential?
    Last edited by imp; 11-16-2021 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gennady Golovkin's £100m world title defence under threat due to new Covid rules

Golovkin could lose out on his latest unification bid against Ryota Murata, after Japan announced the suspension of foreign visitors from the end of the month

Gennady Golovkin may not be permitted to enter Japan for his world title unification against Ryota Murata due to the latest suspension of foreign visitors.

The fight, worth a reported £100million, is considered the biggest in Japanese history and was set to take place on December 28 on the border of Tokyo in Saitama.

Golovkin has been out of action since his routine victory over Kamil Szeremeta at the end of the last year.

He could now face missing out on a huge payday with his latest tilt thrown into doubt after Japan employed their latest coronavirus restrictions to limit inbound foreign travel.

Chairman of the Teiken Boxing Gym Akihiko Honda is planning to clarify the situation with the Japanese sports agency and is awaiting a decision on the status of the bout.

"I am prepared to change the situation in this way," Honda said. "I think it will come out, so I will keep an eye on it.

"This match is the biggest match in the history of Japanese boxing with a total budget of over 15 billion yen. If Golovkin is positive in the test the day before the game, we can't play the game.

"We are prepared for such a risk. However, it is a sudden matter for the Japan Sports Agency, and nothing has been decided yet.

"We are in close contact with the Japan Sports Agency, and have submitted all the plans and documents necessary for the match to be completed, such as the entry of the Golovkin camp and related parties, and the subsequent quarantine.

""I hope that if you [Golovkin] complete the application before this talk, you will be able to enter the country."

Golovkin is looking to reconquer the middleweight division after losing his belts to pound-for-pound king Canelo Alvarez back in 2018.

Their previous meeting in 2017 was deemed unfortunate for Golovkin, who was expected to be pronounced the winner before being held to a draw.

Several other options are available for Golovkin including a middleweight defence against British star Chris Eubank Jr who has been awaiting a title shot since his middleweight return.

But a showdown any time soon seems unlikely with the Briton set to face domestic rival Liam Williams in a rescheduled clash in January.

Golovkin is also being considered as an option for rival Alvarez's return in a historic trilogy bout next year.

But the 39-year-old has admitted he will not make any weight switch to pursue the Mexican without a concrete offer on the table.

"This fight is possible," Golovkin told Sky Sports. "Theoretically nothing has changed.

"There are certain questions which have been posed. They are still open, they remain unanswered.

"We have been discussing it but haven't moved towards this fight for quite some time. We fought, I know who he is. I don't think about him at all, It isn't something I don't give any thought to.

"I don't want to entertain moving to a different division unless there is an offer on the table."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...title-25581521

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo can't roid down back to MW anymore. GGG may as well forget it unless he wants to follow Canelo to Cruiserweight.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

postponed

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gennadiy Golovkin has been forced to postpone his world title fight, which could influence Chris Eubank Jr's plans to challenge the Kazakh star in 2022.

Golovkin was preparing for an IBF and WBA middleweight unification clash against Ryota Murata, but the fight scheduled in Saitama on December 29 has been delayed amid stricter travel restrictions relating to Covid-19 in Japan.

'GGG' confirmed the postponement on Twitter, stating: "I am deeply disappointed that fight in Japan has been postponed but the health and safety of the public must always be the priority.

"I look forward to returning to the ring against Ryota as soon as possible."

Chris Eubank Jr will face Liam Williams in a rescheduled British battle in Cardiff on January 29, live on Sky Sports.

If he emerges victorious, Eubank Jr expects to become mandatory challenger for the WBA belt, and has voiced his desire for a fight against Golovkin next year.

"I'm the most exciting fighter in the weight division," Eubank Jr has told Sky Sports. "I'm the fighter that the fans want to see in with these guys, so it has to happen.

"I've been visualising it for years and I know how to beat him. I've just got to get the opportunity and it's coming.

"The styles that me and him have, it can't be anything short of an epic war.

"He doesn't know how to fight going backwards and I don't know how to stop throwing punches.

"You put those two styles together and you're in for a legendary boxing match."

Murata's promoter Bob Arum had even suggested that the Japanese fighter could face Eubank Jr next, if he produces a shock win over Golovkin.

"If GGG is successful, I'm sure that the Eubank Jr fight is very attractive to him," Arum told Sky Sports.

"But I think that Murata, on home ground, could pull off an upset.

"In which case I'd love nothing more than for Murata to fight Eubank Jr. It would be a big fight in the US, Japan and the UK."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

New Golovkin-Murata date confirmed after postponement

Gennadiy Golovkin's middleweight title unification bout against Ryota Murata has been rescheduled for Saturday, April 9 in the latter's home country of Japan.

The contest is officially back on having originally been set for December 29 before being postponed as a result of the Omicron outbreak.

Golovkin will put his IBF and IBO world title belts on the line against two-time WBA middleweight champion Murata, knowing a potential third meeting with Canelo Alvarez awaits should be come out on top.

The fight is due to take place at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama.

"I am glad that the date has finally been set. I would like to express my gratitude to the organisers from Japan for their hard work and full support of the upcoming unification fight," said Golovkin.

"Ryōta Murata is an outstanding champion. I believe that boxing fans from this beautiful country and around the world will see an exciting event. I look forward to getting back in the ring and bringing the Big Drama Show to Japan."

Golovkin has not fought since December 2020 when he stopped Kamil Szeremeta with an emphatic performance including four knockdowns.

Prior to that he beat Sergiy Derevyanchenko and Steve Rolls on the back of suffering the first loss of his professional career to Alvarez in September 2018.

Murata himself has been out of the ring since December 2019, at which time he retained he belt with a stoppage victory against Canada's Steven Butler.

"I feel that my entire amateur and professional boxing career has been a preparation for this fight against Gennadiy Golovkin," said Murata. "This fight will determine my place in the middleweight division and boxing history.

"Gennadiy Golovkin has long been the standard-bearer of the middleweight division. To me, he is still undefeated. I have the highest respect for him.

"It has been a long time since my last fight, because of the pandemic, but I have put that time to good use, working very hard with my trainers on improving my physical conditioning and adding more power to my punches. I am so proud Japan is hosting this fight. It is a great honor for me."

The two-time world champions and Olympic medalists enter with a combined record of 57-3-1, including 49 knockouts.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Golovkin has had a great career, but he must still feel shortchanged. Coming up, he was avoided by everybody for years and years. He was the best middleweight in the world for ages before he was actually recognised as such.

He then gets completely robbed by the judges (at least once, possibly twice). Then get gets frozen out all over again until he is ancient.
    Interesting fan fiction. He was offered tons of better fights he refused. He was even stripped because he chose to fight a guy coming off 2 losses and a retirement rather than his mandatory FFS. He hid from Ward, “we will never fight Charlo” can go on and on.

Dude has nobody to blame for the horrible names on his CV but himself

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    No Ward, No Charlo, No 168.

Now he is just waiting for the trilogy.

He did beat a tiny Kell Brook though..

Did he ever unify a division?

Are we going to ignore the missed potential?
    People just ignore all the people he straight refused to fight. It’s pathetic how they twist it

Thread Information