Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haney v Linares

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Why didn't Linares KO Haney?
    all the holding didn't help
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have stated in the past Haney isn't that good, I stand by that.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Good evening chaps. Old Timers' night tonight with the two pensioners going at it. I wonder what you'd get at the bookies for a Linares Donaire double.
    You could have got 27/1.

My imaginary bet nearly came off too.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was disappointed with Linares. I know he is old but he was one paced, did not throw enough punches in bunches and when he had Haney hurt he allowed him to hold. Those last 2 rounds Linares should have stopped Haney.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

COOLHAND Luke Campbell offered Jorge Linares rematch after Brit dropped Ryan Garcia and three-weight champ wobbled Devin Haney

GOLDEN BOY Luke Campbell has been approached for a brilliant revenge rematch with Jorge Linares.

Hull's 2012 Olympic icon went toe-to-toe with the future hall-of-famer in 2017 and was beaten in a lightweight world title clash on a split decision away in California.

Since then the Brit hero has suffered two more defeats in his quest for a world title belt.

But he dropped American sensation Ryan Garcia in January, before being stopped for the first time in his career, proving the 33-year-old remains an exciting draw.

And three-weight champ Linares took supposed superstar Devin Haney the distance last week - wobbling him heavily in the tenth - proving for sure that he can still bang with the best of the 9st 9lbs division.

Following 35-year-old Linares' defeat, his Golden Boy promoter Roberto Diaz reached out on Twitter to offer Campbell a shot at redemption.

And the Coolhand father-of-three gave the green light to get talks rolling.

Campbell told SunSport in April: "The loss to Linares is the one that is still toughest to take because I still, to this day, think I won the fight.

"When the away fighter goes on a rival promotion and gets a split decision loss, most boxing fans know it could almost always have gone the other way.

"I take nothing away from Linares, he was an absolute monster back then but I thought, after I recovered from the knockdown in round two, I dominated the fight."

Campbell should not really have been in the fight at all, his father Bernard had died just two weeks before but - in heroic fashion - he kept the family tragedy secret to avoid leaking any vulnerability.

To this day he refuses to use the heartbreaking circumstances as an excuse for his slow start and eventual loss.

But, with three agonisingly close failed world title shots behind him, the idea of a revenge mission is a mouthwatering one.

He said: "There was a lot of 'retirement talk' after the Ryan Garcia defeat but nothing directly from me.

"The dream and the goal has always been to be a world champion and it will hurt if I don't achieve it.

"I could moan about how the number of belts and champions dilutes it all anyway, but people will say I am just bitter and have a point.

"But if I can leave the sport with a record that stands the test of time, with close defeats only coming against absolutely elite fighters, then I hope it will make up for it.

"And if it goes well against Linares for pride then someone might want to put me in with another world champion where I can fulfil my destiny."

Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn needs his biggest British names now he is working exclusively with sports streaming service DAZN.

And Shane McGuigan confirmed this week, ahead of his first fight in Daniel Dubois' corner, that he still feels Campbell has bundles to offer.

A source close to the early talks told SunSport: "Everyone feels that Luke beat Linares the first time they boxed, so if they want to speak to Eddie, Shane and the team about making the rematch, especially if it’s in the UK this time, we’re all ears.

"Haney didn’t really come close to stopping Linares and was holding on at the end, so if Luke stops him it’s a clear statement of where he’s at on the world stage.

"They’ve both got massive profiles so it could be a big fight globally."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15150...fight-rematch/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haney is 22 years old... let that sink in all you "wah wah hes a hype job, hes been exposed, wah wah."

He's a very good fighter but what we wanted to know was is he special ? I don't think he is. He was getting BAMBI-legged

And then literally hugging for 3 (THREE) rounds aka NINE MINUTES.

Linares is a old fighter who's been ko'd five times but Haney never looked like making it six.

The problem I have with these guys like Haney, Stevenson, Josh Kelly is that they coast too much. You don’t have to go to “Rock ‘em sock’em” to be entertaining. You don’t even have to get hit. But put on a show. Put a bad beating on these guys. Show that you’re completely outclassing instead of just “tap,tap-move, tap tap,-hold, tap tap- flashy combo with no bad intentions”.

I love the sweet science, I love crisp jabs and beautiful counter punching. But I also love guys to mix it up, Bite down, and fight hard.

And that's why comparison to Mayweather look even crazier. Haney is 22. And Haney would do well to remember (And a lot of people forget) that Mayweather was a killer in his 20's. Go and Youtube and watch what he did Diego Corralles, Gatti, Phillip Ndu, Angel Manfreddy. PrettyBoy NOT Money May used to send guys to hospital.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 07-16-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    COOLHAND Luke Campbell offered Jorge Linares rematch after Brit dropped Ryan Garcia and three-weight champ wobbled Devin Haney

GOLDEN BOY Luke Campbell has been approached for a brilliant revenge rematch with Jorge Linares.

Hull's 2012 Olympic icon went toe-to-toe with the future hall-of-famer in 2017 and was beaten in a lightweight world title clash on a split decision away in California.

Since then the Brit hero has suffered two more defeats in his quest for a world title belt.

But he dropped American sensation Ryan Garcia in January, before being stopped for the first time in his career, proving the 33-year-old remains an exciting draw.

And three-weight champ Linares took supposed superstar Devin Haney the distance last week - wobbling him heavily in the tenth - proving for sure that he can still bang with the best of the 9st 9lbs division.

Following 35-year-old Linares' defeat, his Golden Boy promoter Roberto Diaz reached out on Twitter to offer Campbell a shot at redemption.

And the Coolhand father-of-three gave the green light to get talks rolling.

Campbell told SunSport in April: "The loss to Linares is the one that is still toughest to take because I still, to this day, think I won the fight.

"When the away fighter goes on a rival promotion and gets a split decision loss, most boxing fans know it could almost always have gone the other way.

"I take nothing away from Linares, he was an absolute monster back then but I thought, after I recovered from the knockdown in round two, I dominated the fight."

Campbell should not really have been in the fight at all, his father Bernard had died just two weeks before but - in heroic fashion - he kept the family tragedy secret to avoid leaking any vulnerability.

To this day he refuses to use the heartbreaking circumstances as an excuse for his slow start and eventual loss.

But, with three agonisingly close failed world title shots behind him, the idea of a revenge mission is a mouthwatering one.

He said: "There was a lot of 'retirement talk' after the Ryan Garcia defeat but nothing directly from me.

"The dream and the goal has always been to be a world champion and it will hurt if I don't achieve it.

"I could moan about how the number of belts and champions dilutes it all anyway, but people will say I am just bitter and have a point.

"But if I can leave the sport with a record that stands the test of time, with close defeats only coming against absolutely elite fighters, then I hope it will make up for it.

"And if it goes well against Linares for pride then someone might want to put me in with another world champion where I can fulfil my destiny."

Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn needs his biggest British names now he is working exclusively with sports streaming service DAZN.

And Shane McGuigan confirmed this week, ahead of his first fight in Daniel Dubois' corner, that he still feels Campbell has bundles to offer.

A source close to the early talks told SunSport: "Everyone feels that Luke beat Linares the first time they boxed, so if they want to speak to Eddie, Shane and the team about making the rematch, especially if it’s in the UK this time, we’re all ears.

"Haney didn’t really come close to stopping Linares and was holding on at the end, so if Luke stops him it’s a clear statement of where he’s at on the world stage.

"They’ve both got massive profiles so it could be a big fight globally."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15150...fight-rematch/

Not sure what to make of Haney yet, but as far a Linares he proved in this fight his best days are gone. he is officially IMO a gatekeeper. Someone a young gun wants as a notch on their belt.
    Can't sleep on him, though.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information