Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haney v Linares

Awesome fun scrap by both who cares about 'levels'. Quigley stronger 10th but close as they come.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good evening chaps. Old Timers' night tonight with the two pensioners going at it. I wonder what you'd get at the bookies for a Linares Donaire double.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quigley is talking like he's drunk... Well he is Irish... Fun fight... As I remember he was doing well v turrano until he roughed up... Good to watch.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie is determined to make the chick fights for every card that's for sure. First one was a better dancer

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jebus! 1 fight in 5 years getting Hernandez farkin pummeled here to start.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Women boxers are fucking rubbish but they must bring in subscribers. Or maybe it's just a cheap undercard filler/curiosity thing like Butterbean.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd think the promoters have seen the success women's mma has achieved in the ufc... And to be fair they do put on good fights so Edward is trying to replicate that... It might take a while though but I don't mind the efforts.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tf is up with rear of the trunks of Haney

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight Linares was out done early on but really came on strong at the end, nice win for Haney v a top class operator but he is 35 and Haney will need to improve if he wants to be undisputed

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jason Quigley: Donegal middleweight earns crucial win over Shane Mosley Jr in Las Vegas

Jason Quigley kept alive his hopes of a world-title fight with a narrow win over Shane Mosley Jr in Las Vegas.

The Donegal middleweight came through a contest that looked exceptionally close, with one judge scoring it a 95-95 draw, and the other two giving him 97-93 and 96-94 verdicts.

An emotional Quigley dropped to his knees when the result was announced.

The 30-year-old was embraced by Wayne McCullough, who was fulfilling corner man duties in Andy Lee's absence.

Trainer Lee was unable to travel to the US for the contest which meant that Northern Irishman McCullough, an Olympic silver medallist in 1992 and former world bantamweight champion, stepped into the role.

American Mosley, whose father Shane Mosley Sr was a three-weight world champion and regarded as one of the greats of the fight game during the 1990s and 2000s, started strongly but Quigley's rally in the closing rounds saw him snatch a win which brought his career record to 19 victories in his 20 professional bouts.

Quigley, a 2013 world amateur silver medallist, won his opening 16 professional bouts but then suffered a shock defeat against Tureano Johnson in July 2019.

After then linking up with trainer Lee, he won two low-key bouts, but Saturday's fight was vital to his hopes of getting back into world-title contention.

The fight - which was on the undercard of Devin Haney's successful WBC world lightweight title defence against Jorge Linares. - had been scheduled for February, only for Quigley to have to pull out because of illness.

Mosley's defeat was his fourth loss in 21 professional contests.

The 30-year-old Californian went into the fight on the back of four victories since losing a decision to world-title contender Brandon Adams in November 2018.

Saturday's Las Vegas fight earned Quigley the North American Boxing Organization (NABO) middleweight belt but the main relevance of the bout was potentially moving the winner into the world-title picture.

Quigley turned professional in 2014 after an outstanding amateur career which included his World Championship silver and a European gold medal in 2013.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/57252598
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Good evening chaps. Old Timers' night tonight with the two pensioners going at it. I wonder what you'd get at the bookies for a Linares Donaire double.
    You could have got 27/1.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    27/1.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why didn't Linares KO Haney?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

504 Gateway Time-Out owned fight night here. Not sure what is going on Saturday nights but could not hit 'reply' without it timing out and posts being lost. Seemed to basically shut the place down just in time for the main events?

Honestly pretty impressed by Haney first half of the fight. The aggression, sharpness and over active jab he did in fact up his game. He also mixed in some gritty inside physicality with shoulders borderline fouls roughing Linares up. Warned by ref maybe 5 times in all. He literally mugged Jorge in 6th and looked to be in full control only to see Linares show that resolve and caliber rocking Haney in 9th, having Haney out on his feet at the bell of 10th and I don't think Haney fully recovered after that. Haney turned into a drunken John Ruiz and leapt into clinches and held on to the point he should have lost a point imo. Really thought Linares had him dead to rights there but Linares saw it get away. Had it 115-113 Haney in the end. Good fight all in all with Haney needing to patch some holes in his late game and Linares finishing real strong and never once being badly hurt..maybe to body in 7th?..and not stopped .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haney Asks Jorge Linares “ How Was My Power Compared To Lomachenko?”

The 22-year-old Haney’s punches never had Linares in trouble last night, although they did mark up his face. Haney’s power or lack thereof is why Linares was able to stick around the entire fight.

If Haney had any power, he could have prevented Linares from getting to him late in the fight with a big right hand that hurt him in the 10th.

In May 2018, Linares was stopped in the 10th round by Lomachenko in a competitive contest. Lomachenko was coming off of shoulder surgery at the time, but he could still stop Linares with a body shot.

Linares (47-6, 29 KOs) was able to go the distance with the unbeaten WBC 135-lb champion Haney (26-0, 15 KOs) last Saturday night in losing a 12 round unanimous decision in a thrilling fight at the Michelob Ultra Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Linares: “I’m so happy for you, and so happy that you gave me this big opportunity. It’s my first time in fighting with an amazing boxer. He’s a young guy.”

Haney: “How was my speed?”

Linares: “It was fast. I was too tight in the first five or six rounds.”

Haney: “I knew that you were going to try and pressure me, I knew that obviously. I heard you before the fight when you were talking. You didn’t say it, but you said it in so many words. So I wanted to try and press you out first. How was my power compared to Loma?”

Linares: “You have power, I like your jab, but you need to use jab-jab and two. You use only one jab. Then when I press you, you lose a little bit of balance. When you do one jab, you need to do it again. One, two, and three.”

Haney: “I knew you were trying to time me, so I was switching it up. I would jab, try to feint you, jab. You’re a true champion.

Haney wants to take on IBF/WBA/WBC Franchise/WBO lightweight champion Teofimo Lopez next. That’s going to be a dangerous one for Haney if he doesn’t improve on his power by the time he faces Teofimo because this is a guy that can punch with either hand.

“If Teofimo Lopez is next,” Haney said after the fight, “let’s do it.” “If Teofimo wants to get it next, let’s do it for all the belts — the real undisputed.”

It’ll be an excellent fight between Haney and Teofimo for the undisputed championship at 135. If Teofimo wins, he can finally say that he’s the undisputed champion without boxing fans and fighters telling him that he’s not.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/179768/179768
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information