Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Crawford leaving Top Rank for MTK.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Crawford leaving Top Rank for MTK.

Discuss.

Why not PBC?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Crawford leaving Top Rank for MTK.

2 hours long! Who was it in the end? Colonel Mustard?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just commenting on the headline. 'Bout damn time. Bud badly needs to salvage his career. Father Time waits for no one... and all the what-ifs in the world won't matter much when looking back at all the elite fighters Crawford DIDN'T fight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Errol Spence Jr backs bitter rival to win world title

Errol Spence Jr has surprisingly backed bitter rival Shawn Porter to defeat Terence Crawford if their all-American clash goes ahead this year.

Porter, 33, revealed last year that he has held talks with Crawford's promoter Bob Arum about a possible summer showdown at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Spence Jr is well aware of the strengths of both welterweights as he battled Porter for his WBC title in 2019, beating the 33-year-old by split decision, while the WBC and IBF welterweight champion has long been linked with a fight against fellow 147-pound titleholder Crawford.

He believes 'Bud' will be able to nullify Porter's punching power with his boxing skills but has tipped 'Showtime' to triumph if their world welterweight title fight gets turned into a brawl.

“If Terence is going to box him and get out of the way like John Molina or like he did Postol, I got Terence Crawford,” Spence said to Barbershop Conversations (via RingNews24).

“If Terence Crawford dogfights him, I got Shawn Porter. Jaron Ennis, I don’t know how well his chin can hold up, but if it can, I have Jaron beating Shawn Porter in a rough, tough fight.”

Spence Jr and Crawford have been at each other's throats for years - but have never met in the ring.
    The 31-year-old Texan southpaw - who will fight Manny Pacquiao on August 21 - has even accused his fellow American of running away from a fight with him.

He did, however, restate his desire to face Crawford in the future, as well as hinting at an eventual move to super-welterweight.

“That fight was going to happen regardless,” he added. “Bob [Arum] talks a lot of things, but Al [Haymon] gets the job done.

“[Yordenis] Ugas was in play. If I didn’t get the Manny Pacquiao fight, I was going to fight Ugas for the WBA. But I got the Pacquiao fight, so I put Ugas on the backburner.

“Once I get that belt, like I told Al, I want that fight with Crawford. If it doesn’t happen, then I’ll probably move up or something because I don’t want to try and fight somebody that doesn’t have any interest anymore.

“He [Crawford] doesn’t want to fight me anymore, but with Manny Pacquiao, he didn’t want to fight him for five years, but he still wanted to fight Manny Pacquiao.

“I don’t get it. If I don’t get that fight [with Crawford], I’ll probably move up.”

The Dallas native also took a shot at Top Rank CEO Bob Arum for what he sees as a lack of promotion for Crawford.

He continued: “I probably got two more fights [at 147] after Pacquiao. He’s got the WBA belt.

"After I take that, then I’m going to go across the street and see what they’re talking about and if they’re not talking about nothing [with Crawford], then I’m going up to 154.

“Terence Crawford has been trying to get that fight against Pacquiao for how many years now? It’s been excuses after excuses for Bob. Pacquiao doesn’t care who he fights.

“He’ll fight anybody if the money is right and everything lines up correctly. Pacquiao would have fought him. It didn’t line up for whatever reason. I say blame Bob.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...rtan-ntp-feeds
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never thought I would see a promoter shit talk his own fighter. Crawford sells thousand of tickets in a state few of us can identify as a stable for pugilists, yet Arum shouts his own guy can't sell.

really hope this is the end of Arum, let his stable slowly drip drop away. This tells me Crawford wasn't the problem- it was his promoter.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Never thought I would see a promoter shit talk his own fighter. Crawford sells thousand of tickets in a state few of us can identify as a stable for pugilists, yet Arum shouts his own guy can't sell.

really hope this is the end of Arum, let his stable slowly drip drop away. This tells me Crawford wasn't the problem- it was his promoter.

I'd never defend the likes of Arum and King... especially their character. But another part of my mind asks what are we going to be left with. Inarguably, guys like Arum and King did a lot for boxing's popularity. Who's gonna replace those guys, as boxing continues to fight for more popularity? Fishnets? Please... Mayweather? He's too busy conjuring up his next circus act to continue fleecing the casuals with ridiculous PPVs... even himself admitting that's exactly what he's doing. Who else is there?

That would leave us with Hearn and precious little else. There is a real void in the boxing promotion ranks that needs to be filled by competent people.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

I'd never defend the likes of Arum and King... especially their character. But another part of my mind asks what are we going to be left with. Inarguably, guys like Arum and King did a lot for boxing's popularity. Who's gonna replace those guys, as boxing continues to fight for more popularity? Fishnets? Please... Mayweather? He's too busy conjuring up his next circus act to continue fleecing the casuals with ridiculous PPVs... even himself admitting that's exactly what he's doing. Who else is there?

That would leave us with Hearn and precious little else. There is a real void in the boxing promotion ranks that needs to be filled by competent people.

Floyd Fleeceweather
    Nice.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information