Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  68
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 188

Thread: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

Share/Bookmark
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    19,769
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1598
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

    So long as we stay in we've got a chance of getting better. We can't win it in the opening games. I thought we were pretty good against Croatia. Mings, Phillips and Sterling all played well. We were fucking piss poor against Scotland. It's basically a one off against them right. Form, supposed ranking, all that shit flies out the window and it's a case of who wants it more and letting that little bit of extra class shine through, on paper anyway. We looked clueless. Pedestrian. Kane absent. Foden has had a couple of moments but on the whole I've been disappointed with him. Scotland played well to be fair.

    We didnt look too great in the opening games of Euro 96. Crap against the Swiss. Gazza's wonder goal glossed over what was also a pretty shit performance against the Scots. Then things clicked and we battered the Dutch.

    I'd love us to win this, or something in my lifetime. But in the grander scheme of things I just want to be happy with the way we play. Going for the throat like we mean business.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

    Charley Burley

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,575
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1776
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

    The 1st half of England-Czech Republic was quite entertaining. Could've been 3-0, save for Sterling hitting the post on that lob over the goalie's head, and a good save on Kane's shot from the left side.
    Late in the half England dodged some bullets from the Czechs.

    Now they (England) faces either France, Portugal, or Germany in the round of 16. Kind of a tough draw... but a chance for some payback, especially if it's Germany.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    24,153
    Mentioned
    916 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1157
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

    Topping the group without conceding a goal, winning our opening game, most England fans would have bitten your hand off if offered that before the tournament began.

    I don't really watch the Premiership so Saka was a bit of a revelation for me and we looked pretty solid throughout. Germany look more dangerous than both France and Portugal but we are actually pretty even in international fixture terms. They have the edge 5 games to our 4 in recent fixtures but we should not be intimidated.

    Portugal are the biggest threat for us with the individuals that can tie us in knots. France can blow hot and cold and if we can keep our heads there is the potential for fireworks going forward in this team which actually has to be one of our greatest squads for a long time.

    For once we are not putting all the pressure on one player, Gazza, Gerrard, Beckham, Rooney etc to lift the performance of the other 10 players. Even the Croatian result looks much better after seeing what they did to Scotland last night.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    59,730
    Mentioned
    1595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2829
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

    England are playing with 10 men. Harry Kane is not adding nothing to the team. We can not afford to play him against the best teams.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,542
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    747
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    England are playing with 10 men. Harry Kane is not adding nothing to the team. We can not afford to play him against the best teams.
    double negative

    id rather get Portugal out of the 3 but i think we will get Germany and Portugal will go out
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    8,366
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1651
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

    Will be a brave decision to drop Kane. One goal changes everything.

    We're not creating enough chances. We could have beef 1 up very early in each of the 3 group games but for the Woodwork which could've changed the course of them massively.

    I do not want to play the Germans...
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    59,730
    Mentioned
    1595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2829
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Will be a brave decision to drop Kane. One goal changes everything.

    We're not creating enough chances. We could have beef 1 up very early in each of the 3 group games but for the Woodwork which could've changed the course of them massively.

    I do not want to play the Germans...
    Germany it is.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    8,366
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1651
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

    Got to win it in 90 minutes. They'll score and so will we.

    If it goes to extra time I'm off out
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,575
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1776
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

    So let me see if I got this straight.

    Germany came within one goal by Hungary of getting ingloriously bounced out of the Group Stage... and now gets England in the Round of 16... while over on the other bracket you've got: Italy, France, Belgium, Portugal, and Spain all trying to knock each other out??

    Don't get me wrong... respect to England and the Swedens, Netherlands, and Denmarks of the world, but...

    Who the f*ck drew up THIS bracket? Angela Merkel??

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    59,730
    Mentioned
    1595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2829
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    So let me see if I got this straight.

    Germany came within one goal by Hungary of getting ingloriously bounced out of the Group Stage... and now gets England in the Round of 16... while over on the other bracket you've got: Italy, France, Belgium, Portugal, and Spain all trying to knock each other out??

    Don't get me wrong... respect to England and the Swedens, Netherlands, and Denmarks of the world, but...

    Who the f*ck drew up THIS bracket? Angela Merkel??
    It is the easier side of the draw for England should they beat Germany. Huge match on Tuesday!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,575
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1776
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    So let me see if I got this straight.

    Germany came within one goal by Hungary of getting ingloriously bounced out of the Group Stage... and now gets England in the Round of 16... while over on the other bracket you've got: Italy, France, Belgium, Portugal, and Spain all trying to knock each other out??

    Don't get me wrong... respect to England and the Swedens, Netherlands, and Denmarks of the world, but...

    Who the f*ck drew up THIS bracket? Angela Merkel??
    It is the easier side of the draw for England should they beat Germany. Huge match on Tuesday!

    Well let's hope England's up to the task. I certainly don't want to see Germany waltzing through the rest of that field.

    I still think Italy vs France would've made for a hell of a final match.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,542
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    747
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    So let me see if I got this straight.

    Germany came within one goal by Hungary of getting ingloriously bounced out of the Group Stage... and now gets England in the Round of 16... while over on the other bracket you've got: Italy, France, Belgium, Portugal, and Spain all trying to knock each other out??

    Don't get me wrong... respect to England and the Swedens, Netherlands, and Denmarks of the world, but...

    Who the f*ck drew up THIS bracket? Angela Merkel??
    It is the easier side of the draw for England should they beat Germany. Huge match on Tuesday!

    Well let's hope England's up to the task. I certainly don't want to see Germany waltzing through the rest of that field.

    I still think Italy vs France would've made for a hell of a final match.

    All due respect but the Final Match means something different in England than The Final

    and is something is hell in England its bad

    As its the English game we are talking about, to rephrase your post

    "I still think Italy v France would of made a top final"

    although I personally think that would be a shit final
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  13. #73
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,575
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1776
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    So let me see if I got this straight.

    Germany came within one goal by Hungary of getting ingloriously bounced out of the Group Stage... and now gets England in the Round of 16... while over on the other bracket you've got: Italy, France, Belgium, Portugal, and Spain all trying to knock each other out??

    Don't get me wrong... respect to England and the Swedens, Netherlands, and Denmarks of the world, but...

    Who the f*ck drew up THIS bracket? Angela Merkel??
    It is the easier side of the draw for England should they beat Germany. Huge match on Tuesday!

    Well let's hope England's up to the task. I certainly don't want to see Germany waltzing through the rest of that field.

    I still think Italy vs France would've made for a hell of a final match.

    All due respect but the Final Match means something different in England than The Final

    and is something is hell in England its bad

    As its the English game we are talking about, to rephrase your post

    "I still think Italy v France would of made a top final"

    although I personally think that would be a shit final


    Well, thanks for clearing that up... although Master seemed to know what I meant.

    As for Italy vs France, I just think they're the two best teams in the tournament. Usually I'd like for the two top teams to meet in the final... er... championship match.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    59,730
    Mentioned
    1595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2829
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    So let me see if I got this straight.

    Germany came within one goal by Hungary of getting ingloriously bounced out of the Group Stage... and now gets England in the Round of 16... while over on the other bracket you've got: Italy, France, Belgium, Portugal, and Spain all trying to knock each other out??

    Don't get me wrong... respect to England and the Swedens, Netherlands, and Denmarks of the world, but...

    Who the f*ck drew up THIS bracket? Angela Merkel??
    It is the easier side of the draw for England should they beat Germany. Huge match on Tuesday!

    Well let's hope England's up to the task. I certainly don't want to see Germany waltzing through the rest of that field.

    I still think Italy vs France would've made for a hell of a final match.

    All due respect but the Final Match means something different in England than The Final

    and is something is hell in England its bad

    As its the English game we are talking about, to rephrase your post

    "I still think Italy v France would of made a top final"

    although I personally think that would be a shit final


    Well, thanks for clearing that up... although Master seemed to know what I meant.

    As for Italy vs France, I just think they're the two best teams in the tournament. Usually I'd like for the two top teams to meet in the final... er... championship match.
    Erics44 has issues with Italy for some reason. Maybe because primo has made a tit out of him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,575
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1776
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    So let me see if I got this straight.

    Germany came within one goal by Hungary of getting ingloriously bounced out of the Group Stage... and now gets England in the Round of 16... while over on the other bracket you've got: Italy, France, Belgium, Portugal, and Spain all trying to knock each other out??

    Don't get me wrong... respect to England and the Swedens, Netherlands, and Denmarks of the world, but...

    Who the f*ck drew up THIS bracket? Angela Merkel??
    It is the easier side of the draw for England should they beat Germany. Huge match on Tuesday!

    Well let's hope England's up to the task. I certainly don't want to see Germany waltzing through the rest of that field.

    I still think Italy vs France would've made for a hell of a final match.

    All due respect but the Final Match means something different in England than The Final

    and is something is hell in England its bad

    As its the English game we are talking about, to rephrase your post

    "I still think Italy v France would of made a top final"

    although I personally think that would be a shit final


    Well, thanks for clearing that up... although Master seemed to know what I meant.

    As for Italy vs France, I just think they're the two best teams in the tournament. Usually I'd like for the two top teams to meet in the final... er... championship match.
    Erics44 has issues with Italy for some reason. Maybe because primo has made a tit out of him.

    In the past they've been prima donna "floppers" (don't know if that's what you call taking a dive). But I think they should be recognized for the quality team they are today.

    Regardless... whoever is in the Final... I just hope it's an exciting, attacking game. For that reason, I can't see myself rooting for Spain, for instance. But they're in the "Bracket of Death"... so little chance of that happening.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Predictions 2021
    By Spicoli in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-23-2021, 06:55 AM
  2. 2021 A Comeback Year For Boxing?!
    By SlimTrae in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-27-2021, 05:09 AM
  3. Fury v Joshua - May 2021
    By smashup in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-06-2021, 10:08 AM
  4. I tried to fight like floyd mayweather! 🥊 (2021)
    By ABS_BOXING_TV in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2021, 04:02 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2020, 04:52 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing