Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

I dont think italys route to the final has been any more difficult than Englands and they have not exactly set the world on fire in the knockouts

they didnt look good against Austria, used all the gamesmanship in the book against Belgium and were outplayed for the most part against Spain

and lets be frank Austria are no better than Ukraine and this is far from the best Spanish team in history

(its coming home)
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish I had your confidence
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I dont think italys route to the final has been any more difficult than Englands and they have not exactly set the world on fire in the knockouts

they didnt look good against Austria, used all the gamesmanship in the book against Belgium and were outplayed for the most part against Spain

and lets be frank Austria are no better than Ukraine and this is far from the best Spanish team in history

(its coming home)
    Yep, Austria are no better than Ukraine eh? Uh , except Austria BEAT Ukraine in the group. And I suppose Belgium are no better than Denmark . Uh, except Belgium BEAT Denmark in the groups.
    And it’s not the best Spanish team in history. Ok, but is it the best German team in history? Or perhaps the worst?
    2 things I’m gonna give you credit for.

1. You are very consistent …. Consistenly lack logic.
    2.You are the ultimate optimist.
    Still you’re enjoying yourself, so that’s nice.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In 48 hours we’ll know.

Fucking hell

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is everywhere, news, radio, people planning their day. The Monday is going to be a day off. This is everything for us.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​Not everyone mate, some people aren’t that interested in football
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    ​Not everyone mate, some people aren’t that interested in football
    Even they know there is a match.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

(its coming home)
    Yep, Austria are no better than Ukraine eh? Uh , except Austria BEAT Ukraine in the group. And I suppose Belgium are no better than Denmark . Uh, except Belgium BEAT Denmark in the groups.
    And it’s not the best Spanish team in history. Ok, but is it the best German team in history? Or perhaps the worst?

Austria are no better than Ukraine, the group game was 1 nil and tight, they could play 10 times and it would be 5 wins all

Italy struggled against Austria, it was far from convincing

I never said Belgium are no better than Denmark, Italy's win against Belgium was their best of the knockouts in terms of the result

And Spain were the better team against Italy, I don't really see how you could disagree with that, if you did you'd be the only person Id heard to have favoured Italy

and it certainly isn't the worst German team in history and it was a very convincing win, Germany had 2 good chances (the stats may suggest they had more but apart from those 2 England weren't in any danger) and England carved out quite a few dangerous chances

we were also comfortably the better team against Ukraine and the better team against Denmark

so I am very consistent in what I am saying, i think England's performances in the knockouts stages have been a lot better than Italy's, Italy's perhaps were better than England's in the groups

but all irrelevant, the worry is Italy know how to win these games, like the gamesmanship against Belgium, lets hope for a strong ref
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

(its coming home)

Ok, here we go.

Austria are no better than Ukraine, the group game was 1 nil and tight, they could play 10 times and it would be 5 wins all

Mate, the way you prove who is better and who is worse is you play each other in a meaningful game , and the winners are better and the losers are worse.
    This “if they played 10 times bullshit “ isn’t the real world.

Italy struggled against Austria, it was far from convincing

Very fair. But no less convincing than England beating Denmark.

I never said Belgium are no better than Denmark, Italy's win against Belgium was their best of the knockouts in terms of the result

And Spain were the better team against Italy, I don't really see how you could disagree with that, if you did you'd be the only person Id heard to have favoured Italy

I agree that over the whole match Spain played better, but you have to make it count, and let’s not forget, Italy were never behind in the game.

and it certainly isn't the worst German team in history and it was a very convincing win, Germany had 2 good chances (the stats may suggest they had more but apart from those 2 England weren't in any danger) and England carved out quite a few dangerous chances

Name a worse German side, either in your opinion or by how successful they have been?

we were also comfortably the better team against Ukraine and the better team against Denmark

so I am very consistent in what I am saying, i think England's performances in the knockouts stages have been a lot better than Italy's, Italy's perhaps were better than England's in the group

Wow , how very generous of you.

but all irrelevant, the worry is Italy know how to win these games, like the gamesmanship against Belgium, lets hope for a strong ref

I’m not sure about all this gamesmanship against Belgium, all I saw was a side that clinically disposed of the world ranked no.1 never looking in any danger. If Belgium hadn’t been given a penalty in injury time of the 1st half, Italy would’ve won 3 or 4 nil. They were on fire.
    And it’s funny you say about a strong ref, because the Italian press have said exactly the same thing.
    Let’s not hope for any dodgy penalties or 2 balls on the pitch when a goal is scored. 👍
    ^^^
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If England wins, I'm pretty sure Primo will give them their due credit. Question is... will Eric do the same if Italy wins?

On another note... I'm pretty sure nobody on this forum gives a shit... but tonight is the final of the Copa America tournament, pitting South American giants Brazil and Argentina.

Quite the football summit meetings. Brazil-Argentina on this side of the pond... and England-Italy over yonder.

Terrific weekend of sports, what with the Wimbledon finals, NBA Finals, and the aforementioned matches.

Mentioned
    940 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    If you want to take a knee feel free, if you want to boo taking a knee feel free.
    Personal opinion of each individual.
    I was worried that we would struggle to score enough goals to win the tournament, but that was a very solid, dare I say it almost German machine like win.
    Kane hitting form when we need him, our player changes looking sweet, Grealish and Fodon as options, this has to be our best chance ever to win a championship.
    Very well done to the boys.

A very proud Englishman sat posting this.

It was only a couple of weeks ago you were defending the right to boo England.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look, two good teams have got to the final. If you had to put your house on who is going to win with a gun to your head you would struggle to place the bet and that's the truth.

I just don't want the game to start because as long as it doesn't we're still in it and I like this atmosphere.

In 18 hours time I'll be bricking it again.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    If England wins, I'm pretty sure Primo will give them their due credit. Question is... will Eric do the same if Italy wins?

On another note... I'm pretty sure nobody on this forum gives a shit... but tonight is the final of the Copa America tournament, pitting South American giants Brazil and Argentina.

Quite the football summit meetings. Brazil-Argentina on this side of the pond... and England-Italy over yonder.

Terrific weekend of sports, what with the Wimbledon finals, NBA Finals, and the aforementioned matches.

Argentina 1, Brazil 0

Too bad the crowd restrictions in S. America are still way stringent. Only about 6,000-some odd fans on hand. Hey, not long ago there were zero fans allowed, so there's that.

"Feel good" title for Messi, who apparently has had more than his share of heartbreak in major tournaments.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On yet another football front, the CONCACAF Gold Cup kicks off tonight.

But watching Mexico vs. frigging Trinidad & Tobago is where I draw the line.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Argentina win which is a huge win for them.

I think Novak is the best ever player, although most of us are Fed or Nadal fans but when he won the French open beating Nadal in the semi and then to have the stamina/ conditioning to win the final says he is the best.

12 hours to go.

Thread Information