1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    So let me see if I got this straight.

Germany came within one goal by Hungary of getting ingloriously bounced out of the Group Stage... and now gets England in the Round of 16... while over on the other bracket you've got: Italy, France, Belgium, Portugal, and Spain all trying to knock each other out??

Don't get me wrong... respect to England and the Swedens, Netherlands, and Denmarks of the world, but...

Who the f*ck drew up THIS bracket? Angela Merkel??
    It is the easier side of the draw for England should they beat Germany. Huge match on Tuesday!

Well let's hope England's up to the task. I certainly don't want to see Germany waltzing through the rest of that field.

I still think Italy vs France would've made for a hell of a final match.

Germany hammered Portugal and only conceded once to France. They came joint second in their group and so instead of getting to meet third place Switzerland from Group A, had they won the group like France, they have to play England. We are no walk in the park and neither were France, Portugal or Hungary who all have excellent pedigree in International football.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Germany came within one goal by Hungary of getting ingloriously bounced out of the Group Stage... and now gets England in the Round of 16... while over on the other bracket you've got: Italy, France, Belgium, Portugal, and Spain all trying to knock each other out??

Don't get me wrong... respect to England and the Swedens, Netherlands, and Denmarks of the world, but...

It is the easier side of the draw for England should they beat Germany. Huge match on Tuesday!

Well let's hope England's up to the task. I certainly don't want to see Germany waltzing through the rest of that field.

Germany hammered Portugal and only conceded once to France. They came joint second in their group and so instead of getting to meet third place Switzerland from Group A, had they won the group like France, they have to play England. We are no walk in the park and neither were France, Portugal or Hungary who all have excellent pedigree in International football.

I don't disagree on any of that. My only point is that Germany, if they get past England, will have little trouble the rest of the way... while giants like France, Italy, Portugal, and Belgium will be eliminating each other. Normally, at least in other sports, the brackets are made to make sure the top teams are evenly divided on both sides of the bracket.

I didn't mind Group F being the stacked group, and would've been tickled to have Hungary go forward instead of Germany. But now in the knockout stages it seems the schedule is set up for the winner of Germany-England to make the championship match. I don't like Germany... so Tuesday will be nail-biting time.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Dutch are playing pretty good right now, with this draw they've got a good chance of getting to the final.. I think they lack a bit of quality in attack to do it though...

One side of the draw is certainly easier than the other.

I'm still tipping Belgium to win it though.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No easy games for anyone going forward.

Not looking forward to Tuesday one bit. Knockout games when your country is playing are awful viewing let's face it. Didn't mind the second half of Denmark game in 2002 when we were 3 up mind.

On paper is flip a coin for this one. I've changed my mind on Kane. Give him the first half to turn it back on.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

All due respect but the Final Match means something different in England than The Final

and is something is hell in England its bad

As its the English game we are talking about, to rephrase your post

"I still think Italy v France would of made a top final"

although I personally think that would be a shit final
    And to rephrase your post, it should read :
    “I still think Italy v France would HAVE made a top final.”
    And going by your predictions and opinions so far, if you that would be a shit final, it would have probably been a classic!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

All due respect but the Final Match means something different in England than The Final

And going by your predictions and opinions so far, if you that would be a shit final, it would have probably been a classic!
    where abouts in england are you from buckingham palace?

and im not gonna pick on the gramma in your post but the only prediction i got wrong is when i said italy would lose all of their group games, theyll go out next round
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

where abouts in england are you from buckingham palace?

and im not gonna pick on the gramma in your post but the only prediction i got wrong is when i said italy would lose all of their group games, theyll go out next round
    Mate, it was you picking out @TitoFan’s Grammar and English. If you’re gonna do that, you have to get it right.
    You say the only prediction you’ve got wrong is Italy, but I ask you, what have you got right?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wales get shagged by Denmark and the brilliant Italians beat a very competitive Austria.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wales get shagged by Denmark and the brilliant Italians beat a very competitive Austria.

Inspired Austrian team for sure... but I thought Italy sleepwalked through the first 90 minutes.

They need to step it up if they want to get through the quarterfinals.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Inspired Austrian team for sure... but I thought Italy sleepwalked through the first 90 minutes.

They need to step it up if they want to get through the quarterfinals.
    They have a tough Belgium or Portugal next.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Dutch stopped playing well and the Czechs beat them 2-0.:S....the orange men should have been one up after malen made a great run and then bungled the finish and not long after de ligt had a moment of genius and trips up and grabs the ball to stop Schick going 1 on 1 v the goalie and gets himself sent off :S

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, well... it's Italy vs Belgium in one of the quarterfinal matches. Gonna be a heavyweight match, that one. Meanwhile, it's Denmark vs Czech Republic on the other side. Crossing my fingers that England does its job against Germany on Tuesday.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    The Dutch stopped playing well and the Czechs beat them 2-0.:S....the orange men should have been one up after malen made a great run and then bungled the finish and not long after de ligt had a moment of genius and trips up and grabs the ball to stop Schick going 1 on 1 v the goalie and gets himself sent off :S
    That was a surprise to see Holland lose to the Czechs, especially since England won comfortably against them.

Belgium beat Portugal to face Italy.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to work tommorow evening so will be able to watch the first half and then rely on messages/updates to keep me informed about the second half. The spectre of England / Germany penalties seems almost inevitable.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOW.

I'm sorry I called Spain boring.

I missed most of this game, and caught it when it was 3-2 Spain. Croatia gamely tied it up and took it to extra time... but Spain turned on the afterburners and won what has to be one of the more exciting games of the tournament so far.

I'm gonna have to watch it on delay tonight if they don't show enough highlights.

Ok so now it's the top heavy bracket with Belgium-Italy..... and likely France-Spain. How much better can you get??

Thread Information