Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

Oh my... England draws first blood. Wembley going nuts.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow... what a way to lose a match. Penalty kicks. Heartbreak for England, joy for Italy. In reality, it was a shame someone had to lose that match. There was fantastic play from both sides, and each had their moments. I thought England would seize the advantage when Chiesa came out of the match. To me, he was the best/most dangerous player on the pitch. Kane made some terrific passes early, one of which led to Shaw's improbable but brilliant goal barely two minutes into the match. In retrospect, maybe England lost their attacking edge after going up so early. I thought the ref did as well as could be expected... it's not easy getting all calls/non-calls right. Took a while to pass out any yellow cards... but as the intensity ratcheted up, he pretty much had to. All in all a great match, I thought... and again... shame someone had to lose.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@erics44 , thoughts?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Did a predictor game to see the permutations for the knockout rounds so as for masters questions.

Winners belgium

Semis
    Belgium
    Italy
    Germany
    England.

Top scorer Lyndon Dykes
    Second top scorer lukaku.
    Not the best predictions but at least I had Italy and England to Mae the semis.... Dykes scored bugger all though...

Donnarumma got player of the tournament, not a bad choice the best I've seen him play(he had some dodgy moments at Milan), good for him and still a young git too.
    Last edited by palmerq; 07-12-2021 at 03:01 AM.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    England will win it

italy will go out in the groups
    You deliberately trying to wind me up? It won’t work.
    No, just think italy are a bit shit
    But England are great? Haha fair play. Here’s how it’s gonna pan out.
    England win the group - they got knocked out in the last 16 by Portugal, France or Germany.
    England come 2nd in the group - they might beat Sweden or Poland , (might not) then get knocked out by Portugal, France or Germany
    England come 3rd in the group and qualify as a lucky loser - well if they only finish 3rd , they’re shit anyway and are likely to go out against Spain or Holland.
    Meanwhile , back at the ranch, Italy (who are a bit shit apparently) are unbeaten in 3 years and have won their last 8 games with a goal difference of 25-0 .
    We shall see.
    England not so shit after all, and Italy had to rely on England missing penalties. Your massively overhyped team couldn't beat a team you dismissed in 120 minutes of open play.

Jorginho having the sheer front to roll around like he had been shot and have his studs sprayed with magic spray after trying yo dislocate Grealish' knee, sums up the dirty cheating gamesmanship Italy have been famous for since last winning this competition in 1968.

Have to feel for Saka who just like Southgate did not miss but had his penalty saved. Congratulations to England who absolutely overachieved and congratulations to Italy enjoy your win, you played well at times.

Fuck the clowns with the racist bullshit targeting Rashford, Saka and Sancho. The very same people who were no doubt booing the taking the knee pretending that racism is not a problem in English football. Johnson the blatant racist himself, has with Patel to shoulder some of the blame for making excuses for the scum who for years have held this country back.

Onwards and upwards.

Bring on the world cup.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    England will win it

England win the group - they got knocked out in the last 16 by Portugal, France or Germany.
    England come 2nd in the group - they might beat Sweden or Poland , (might not) then get knocked out by Portugal, France or Germany
    England come 3rd in the group and qualify as a lucky loser - well if they only finish 3rd , they’re shit anyway and are likely to go out against Spain or Holland.
    Meanwhile , back at the ranch, Italy (who are a bit shit apparently) are unbeaten in 3 years and have won their last 8 games with a goal difference of 25-0 .
    We shall see.
    England not so shit after all, and Italy had to rely on England missing penalties. Your massively overhyped team couldn't beat a team you dismissed in 120 minutes of open play.

Jorginho having the sheer front to roll around like he had been shot and have his studs sprayed with magic spray after trying yo dislocate Grealish' knee, sums up the dirty cheating gamesmanship Italy have been famous for since last winning this competition in 1968.

Have to feel for Saka who just like Southgate did not miss but had his penalty saved. Congratulations to England who absolutely overachieved and congratulations to Italy enjoy your win, you played well at times.

Fuck the clowns with the racist bullshit targeting Rashford, Saka and Sancho. The very same people who were no doubt booing the taking the knee pretending that racism is not a problem in English football. Johnson the blatant racist himself, has with Patel to shoulder some of the blame for making excuses for the scum who for years have held this country back.

Onwards and upwards.

Bring on the world cup.
    Fuck me, someone has mistaken the lemon juice for milk this morning on their cornflakes ! How sour and bitter are you. That post is like a spoilt 10 year olds.
    I have been very composed throughout this and not bragged at all, but I will have absolute pleasure in replying in full to this post later today.
    xx

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Congratulations to Italy for winning the tournament and being undefeated in 34 matches now. They have been excellent to watch and were the better team yesterday.

England team can be proud of uniting the whole country and giving us some great times that we remember for the rest of our lives.

Bring on the world cup.
    Last edited by Master; 07-12-2021 at 11:16 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Switched the TV off as soon as the keeper saved from Saka. Don't want to see any analysis or pictures of italians with trophy.

The classic early goal and sit back international football mistake. We should have pressed on and gone for the second, the opportunity was there. They were better keeping the ball than us but we had the pace and skill to capitalise. Not many real chances of note from either side.

Why Gareth didn't give Rashford a run at them in extra time I do not know. And sorry having two penalty takers who haven't touched the ball and a 19 year old taking no.5 is crazy. When your own keeper saves 2 you should expect to win. Not blaming the pen takers at all, feel for them - Rashford's was a bit silly mind. Just fucking run and twat it top corner none of this dancing around shit.

There'll be a lot of tactical regrets in the England camp this morning and for years to come. For us it goes on....and for people my age we again begin to wonder if we will ever see it in our lifetime.

Qatar will be too fucking hot for us to make an impact over there.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

England will win it

We shall see.

Onwards and upwards.

Bring on the world cup.
    So @Beanz , AKA Little Englander , chew on this. I've been very respectful all the way through this tournament despite reading some pretty spectacular tub thumping bullshit. Now i'm gonna have my say.

[/QUOTE]

At no point in the above post did I say England were Shit. @erics44 said Italy were, but I never said England were. I said "if they finish 3rd in their group , they were shit." They didn't finish 3rd , they won the group. Learn to read , you fucking pleb.

So it's just Jorginho and Italy that do that is it. Kane holding his achilles rolling round like he's dying when he hasn't been touched , Harry Maguire a so-called Hard man , rolling round holding his face when the replay show the Attacker's foot never got within a foot of his face spring to mind. You'll have to try harder than that pal. They all fucking do it , stop sounding like a spoilt fucking brat and come up with something meaningful and original. I would even venture to say that your Assessment of Italians is slightly racist based on the shit that you just wrote.

Have to say, I thought Saka would score, and it's a shame for him that he never because he's shown in this tournament that he has a bright future. i just hope that England's built in caution doesn't restrict a player like him .

Haven't really got much to say about the political side of it , I just want to talk about the football.

Onwards and upwards.

Bring on the world cup.

Just my opinions coming up. If England can't win a tournament in their own backyard when everything falls into place for them, they will never win one.
    With the exception of the 2nd poorest Germany side i have ever seen in the last 16, England have NEVER beaten a Footballing Major Nation in a knockout game in 55 years , 55 YEARS , and if you don't count Germany, they Have NEVER EVER done it. And you can guarantee that to WIN a tournament, they would have to beat a Brazil, Argentina , France, Germany , Spain (Since they've been successful) in order to do so. Maybe more than one .
    now I can finally say The way i felt about this tournament and the Italy side. It's been really strange because my personal feeling was that this Italy side were so much better than England that i would be slightly disappointed if they didn't finish the job comfortably in 90 minutes.
    I felt horrible being that confident because Italy don't normally allow you to feel like that, they'll always make you suffer somewhere along the line, and that's what they did last night. I know that might sound arrogant , but it's just honestly how I felt with what I had seen.
    Certainly way less arrogant than this "Football's coming home" Shtick. btw , they need to re-record that if you're gonna use it as your little anthem , because it's not"30 years of hurt" , it's 55 . totally outdated.
    I felt Italy were at about 75% last night which was disappointing. England? well not much changes really. I take my hat off to Southgate, he has massively over achieved, but he is far too cautious to take England that last step and win a tournament. Maybe he's right and they're just not quite good enough.
    Harry Kane never had a shot all night and never touched the ball once in Italy's penalty area all night. That is quite damning really.
    Don't get me wrong, I'll happily take the win , but I wish Italy hadn't left the caveat for England to hold onto about "ONLY getting beat on penalties, and not getting beat in the game."
    I knew this would come, but please be honest with yourselves, Italy had 70% possession , more shots on and off target, there was only going to be one winner if it finished in normal or extra time .

[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also have to say that Operation "football's coming home" spectacularly backfired , because I've seen Interviews with Italian players and Videos in their changing room after the game and they were so motivated by this that it spurred them on to victory .
    I Hadn't realised just how much they had been motivated by this.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

England losing on penalties. The natural order has been restored.

It was written England only leading until 66' is pretty poetic.

The past few days Argentina and Messi beating Brazil in their backyard to win the Copa America. Italy beating England in their backyard to win the Euros

So Italy and Argentina defeating England and Brazil in the same weekend ? Diego must be proud.

England bring on 2 subs specifically for pens and they both can't convert and then put a 19 year old as your 5th.

But Saka will be OK. If anyone is gonna get stick it's gonna be Rashford for a penalty he was 'flash' with, from a press that has been gagging to come for him but been blocked by school meals.

Great save by Pickford from Jorginho. That has been overlooked

But let's be clear on this penalty drama and remember the fact is England had 34% possession and that's what lost it for them and not one single touch for Harry Kane in the 18 yard box.

England are a defence side The skilful players. The players who can hold the ball, run with the ball, control the ball in tight areas, play it forward Southgate doesn't play them.

But as a Liverpool fan

Brazil didn't play Alisson, Fabinho or Firmino while England left Henderson on the bench That's what happens why you don't play Liverpool players in a major final.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 07-12-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.skysports.com/share/12354010

This is fucking disgusting by the way. And any England Fans on here should be fucking ashamed and embarrassed.
    And at the risk of sounding like Denilson , I don’t want to hear any of this “it’s a small minority of idiots” bollocks. It’s a fucking disgrace.
    And Also many of my Family went to the game last night, and all said, inside the stadium , it wasn’t so bad, but outside and around Wembley, it was a fucking disgrace.
    None of the adults wore colours, but the 12 year old boys had Italy shirts on. The whole group got abused and threatened with venom.
    And in a bar we had been to for a couple of the other games, the staff recognised them and said “Do not come in here unless the boys cover up their Italy shirts!”
    This doesn’t happen anywhere else in the World , and I know because I’ve been and seen for myself.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a great event, wasn’t it?

I have to say the right team won. Italy were excellent, showed great resilience and at times were passing England off the park. There only looked like one winner after the first 20 minutes, and England were possibly relieved to get to penalties.

England looked like they went back into the shell and reverted to stereotype in that they couldn’t keep possession, panicked a bit and slightly folded under pressure. They did very well in the tournament overall though.

Maybe scoring so early didn’t help as they seemed to want to sit back on the one goal goal lead, and it’s so hard to change that momentum once the other team equalises.

I thought Henderson was poor, poor Saka seemed to be on another planet and Sterling was a bit like a headless chicken. They all played better than I could though!

The stars seemed to have aligned for England …. no big injuries, a very favourable draw and home advantage too.

As usual, though, some of the England ‘supporters’ were also true to type - booing all the opposition anthems, thinking England is still the spiritual ‘home’ of football, overhyping the team, trying to invade the stadium and fighting, shining lasers in the eye of goalkeepers and then racially abusing their own players
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

England will win it

We shall see.

Onwards and upwards.

Bring on the world cup.
    So @Beanz , AKA Little Englander , chew on this. I've been very respectful all the way through this tournament despite reading some pretty spectacular tub thumping bullshit. Now i'm gonna have my say.
    At no point in the above post did I say England were Shit. @erics44 said Italy were, but I never said England were. I said "if they finish 3rd in their group , they were shit." They didn't finish 3rd , they won the group. Learn to read , you fucking pleb.

So it's just Jorginho and Italy that do that is it. Kane holding his achilles rolling round like he's dying when he hasn't been touched , Harry Maguire a so-called Hard man , rolling round holding his face when the replay show the Attacker's foot never got within a foot of his face spring to mind. You'll have to try harder than that pal. They all fucking do it , stop sounding like a spoilt fucking brat and come up with something meaningful and original. I would even venture to say that your Assessment of Italians is slightly racist based on the shit that you just wrote.

Have to say, I thought Saka would score, and it's a shame for him that he never because he's shown in this tournament that he has a bright future. i just hope that England's built in caution doesn't restrict a player like him .

Haven't really got much to say about the political side of it , I just want to talk about the football.

Onwards and upwards.

Bring on the world cup.

Just my opinions coming up. If England can't win a tournament in their own backyard when everything falls into place for them, they will never win one.
    With the exception of the 2nd poorest Germany side i have ever seen in the last 16, England have NEVER beaten a Footballing Major Nation in a knockout game in 55 years , 55 YEARS , and if you don't count Germany, they Have NEVER EVER done it. And you can guarantee that to WIN a tournament, they would have to beat a Brazil, Argentina , France, Germany , Spain (Since they've been successful) in order to do so. Maybe more than one .
    now I can finally say The way i felt about this tournament and the Italy side. It's been really strange because my personal feeling was that this Italy side were so much better than England that i would be slightly disappointed if they didn't finish the job comfortably in 90 minutes.
    I felt horrible being that confident because Italy don't normally allow you to feel like that, they'll always make you suffer somewhere along the line, and that's what they did last night. I know that might sound arrogant , but it's just honestly how I felt with what I had seen.
    Certainly way less arrogant than this "Football's coming home" Shtick. btw , they need to re-record that if you're gonna use it as your little anthem , because it's not"30 years of hurt" , it's 55 . totally outdated.
    I felt Italy were at about 75% last night which was disappointing. England? well not much changes really. I take my hat off to Southgate, he has massively over achieved, but he is far too cautious to take England that last step and win a tournament. Maybe he's right and they're just not quite good enough.
    Harry Kane never had a shot all night and never touched the ball once in Italy's penalty area all night. That is quite damning really.
    Don't get me wrong, I'll happily take the win , but I wish Italy hadn't left the caveat for England to hold onto about "ONLY getting beat on penalties, and not getting beat in the game."
    I knew this would come, but please be honest with yourselves, Italy had 70% possession , more shots on and off target, there was only going to be one winner if it finished in normal or extra time .

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

It seems you can dish it out but can't take it. I am not about to apologise for being born in England just like you were. That doesn't make me a little Englander anymore than it makes you a cheating Italian minus any of the passion.

Your post is all over the place, one minute you don't want to discuss racism because that is politics and then you pretend that pointing out Italian players long history of cheating is now supposed to be racist.

People have always hated England in other parts of the UK, to an absurd degree and it is beyond childish how much glee the Welsh and Scottish take in wishing us disaster at every turn and tbh that is exactly what you have always sounded like on here talking about Brits and the UK like we are all cartoon idiots and you are somehow better than us all because you have more Dolmio days in a month or something?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, not all Welsh people wish disaster on England at every turn A broad brush statement there Beanz, to be fair.

In terms of cheating, everyone does it now so it’s more a reflection of the game than anyones nationality. Kane falls over every time he possibly can, big brave Harry Maguire faked being kicked in the face when nothing at all actually happened, and Sterling dived for the penalty against Denmark. Every team does it as far as I can see?
    Last edited by X; 07-12-2021 at 04:12 PM.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information