Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Euro 2020 Tournament happening 2021

Damn tsn direct self destructed when the Dutch game was on Soni only saw the first and last five minutes and it seems like it was the best game/half of the tournament.... All these games are on when I'm at work so it's a bit crap not seeing them on tv but I do get to listen to all of them live instead which isn't so bad, had a run of scotland v Czechs, poles v slovaks(that one sounded good), Spain v Sweden(also sounded like a good game even at 0-0) and then the copa america is on too so it was argies v Chile to finish the work day(nice free kick by messi)....

It was a great strike by Schick a shot that would have missed a lot of other days but you do have to wonder how Marshall was caught out so easily, scotland don't even play with the sweeper keeper usually :S.... Stay back m8.. I actually think scotland have a chance v Croatia, the cros are on a downward slope and don't have a good record v scotland, unfortunately for scotland 2-0 defeat v the Czechs won't help the goal difference and I think there's no chance they don't lose to England(they play similar styles but England are just better) and scotland aren't prolific scorers so a narrow win v Croatia probably won't be enough as the third place team.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've missed more matches than I would've liked... but fortunately caught the match between France and Germany. Glad France won, since I have little love for Germany. Although the final score was 1-0... could've easily been 3-2. Both barely missed some golden opportunities to score more. Seems like more "own goals" than usual in these games.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I've missed more matches than I would've liked... but fortunately caught the match between France and Germany. Glad France won, since I have little love for Germany. Although the final score was 1-0... could've easily been 3-2. Both barely missed some golden opportunities to score more. Seems like more "own goals" than usual in these games.
    Now that all the teams have played their first match I think France have been the most impressive considering who they were playing. Italy are the other impressive team.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Now that all the teams have played their first match I think France have been the most impressive considering who they were playing. Italy are the other impressive team.

Agreed. A most intriguing matchup in the 2nd round of group stage matches is Portugal vs Germany. I'll likely record that one for later if I can't catch it live.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was very poor from England. Far to slow, defensive and negative. Kane is not even playing.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nonsense it was a world class England performance only stopped by an immense effort by the jocks :S...... I don't think anyone is fooled by that....

Just listened to the game at work, it didn't sound like England di that well at all, scotland had one good chance(I switched tabs at the right moment, good save by the England goalie.. England hit the post of course but wotever, I think scotland deserve some credit for a change they switched up their usual defensive nonsense(Craig levein played a defensive 4-6-0 v an average czech team years ago, that's the Scottish football mentality) and actually got a good result, a nice change by Clarke..

I don't think it's that far fetched that scotland beat Croatiain the few games they've playes(I think 5) scotland are undefeated and these Balkan gits are getting old and prone to fits of madness... Its also possible guys like perisic do what he did today v the czechs(great goal) and show their superior class that scotland just don't have an answer to.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not so much the draw it's the fact we look jaded and out of ideas. And kane is nowhere.

But still I think coming second is not such a bad thing and we have time to grow into the competition.

He says..
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Southgate needs to see that he is turning these talented players into Staggering Strangers.
    We do not flow in attack even as well as Wales do , pretty piss poor.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Germany v Portugal has been the best match so far. That group is going to be exciting for their last matches.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    England will win it

italy will go out in the groups

I hate to break it to you... but this is looking more and more like a "Brocktonian prediction."

Italy has impressed even with their 2nd stringers... whereas England has underwhelmed thus far.

In fact... two teams which, if matched together would surely put half the stadium to sleep... are England and Spain.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have to say, these Covid rules about close contact are a joke. Gilmour tests positive for Covid (not sure how or why only he got it?). His club mates Mount and Chilwell give him a hug and now they’re isolating deemed as close contact.
    Are you telling me the whole Scottish Squad didn’t give him a hug in the changing rooms? They even showed his manager grabbing him, but I haven’t heard of him going into isolation. Ridiculous.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Belgium look a strong force. Wales face the inspired Denmark.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow... forget Germany-Portugal.

Denmark-Russia became my "fun-nest" match of the tournament so far.

Hollywood script here. Denmark loses their star player to a life-threatening collapse on the field some days ago... and here they were fighting for their tournament lives needing at least a 2-goal margin of victory against Russia, AND... a Belgium victory over Finland. When it was 2-0 Denmark, the stadium roared after hearing about a goal from Belgium to take the lead on Finland. Alas, the goal was disallowed pretty at the same time Russia kicked a penalty goal to come with 2-1. But Denmark was not to be denied and they are now truly the tournament's darlings.

Gonna be hard to root against them from here on out. Glad Russia's gone, though.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The England team are now almost alone in taking the knee before each game. Now the manager says it's about racial Justice but we all know the taking the knee is now absolutely linked with the Marxist black lives matter movement. What's been happening is the crowds have been booing, so this isn't working at any level. I want people who play football to play football and not get involved in politics at all.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zoley View Post
    The England team are now almost alone in taking the knee before each game. Now the manager says it's about racial Justice but we all know the taking the knee is now absolutely linked with the Marxist black lives matter movement. What's been happening is the crowds have been booing, so this isn't working at any level. I want people who play football to play football and not get involved in politics at all.
    The boos have been drowned out by cheers. Millionaire footballers do not support Marxism. When sterling scored he should have taken a knee and see how many of them would boo then.

Thread Information