Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury v Deontay Wilder 3

Anthony Joshua is intent on facing the winner of Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3, but opted not to make a prediction for the fight.

AJ, still disappointed that his undisputed clash with Fury didn’t materialise, stated that the two heavyweights are both his ‘enemies’ and so refused to pick a side for their July 24 meeting.

When asked if he believes his fellow Brit would emerge victorious once again, Joshua told Sky: “Fury? Wilder? Bring them both. I’m not taking sides.

“They’re both enemies of mine and I wanna slay them both with the same energy.

“Good luck to both and whichever one wins, I’ll be seeing them soon.”

Joshua will now have to face his WBO mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk next.

Regardless of what happens in that fight, he still wants to face Fury in an all-British clash one day.

Joshua added: “I will still be here, still ready to put on a show. End of the year. Let me get past Usyk first. But with or without Usyk in my life, I will fight Fury.

“Usyk isn’t the be-all and end-all.

“Usyk doesn’t determine the Fury fight. The Fury fight has to happen. It’s a big fight, bigger than boxing, bigger than the belts.

“It will happen. After the Usyk fight, after I defend my belts.

“The fight will be bigger, better than what it would have been.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...ntay-wilder-3/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm gonna go out on that lonely limb and say it'll probably be more competitive this time around. I don't think Fury repeats the beatdown he put on Wilder in their 2nd fight.

Will Fury win? Maybe. But IMO it'll be by outboxing Wilder and staying out of harm's way. Knowing Fury, he'll come in with a vast array of head games and strategy in the knowledge that Wilder isn't going to be a willing sitting duck the 3rd time around. You'd have to be dense to think Deontay hasn't himself been thinking about another strategy other than the one he brought into the ring for their 2nd fight. Needless to say he won't be wearing any heavy costumes into the ring... LOL. Deep down he knows nobody bought that cockamamie excuse... and he's bent on clearing his name and reputation.

If there were a poll today, I'd go with Fury by clear, but hard-fought UD.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder's coach hints at change of tactics for third Tyson Fury fight

Wilder is known for his unbelievable knockout power, but coach Malik Scott has said that he may have a few new tricks up his sleeve as he prepares for his trilogy bout with Fury

Deontay Wilder will beat Tyson Fury in a 'way never expected', according to his head coach Malik Scott.

The American is aiming to reclaim his world heavyweight title from Fury in a massive trilogy fight later this month, and he is reportedly hoping to do it in shocking fashion.

Wilder is known for his unbelievable knockout power, but in recent training footage, coach Scott let slip that he's hoping to win the title in a way that will surprise boxing fans.

"Everything they think you can't do, you can do it ten times better than they think you can," Scott says in the video.

"They don't see you coming, that's what's going to be the beauty in this; not only will you get it back, but you're going to do it in a way that they never expect.

"Let's stay special, let's keep creating, two time heavyweight champ, two time heavyweight champ."

The American will need a truly remarkable performance to overcome the visible gulf there was between him and Fury during their first two fights.

In the initial bout in early December 2018, he almost landed a brutal knockout in the twelfth round, and that 10-8 score was enough to earn him a controversial draw, with many experts believing he had been firmly beaten by Fury.

But when they fought again in February 2020, Fury completely outclassed the American, putting him down twice before his corner threw in the towel in the seventh round.

And despite being known for his charismatic promotional style, Wilder has said that he won't be participating in media duties ahead of the bout with Fury.

"I just mean business," Wilder told YouTube channel ESNews. "I didn't come here to play around or lollygag, I'm strictly business when it comes to this fight and I'm solely stuck on that.

"I'm going to let their champion, meaning the people that support him who aren't even his fans they're just Deontay Wilder haters, be the circus and promote it.

"I want to see if he can hold up his end of the bargain, and I don't think he can - he looks for me to entertain and then he wants to be my co-captain.

"He's my partner in crime, I'm Batman, he's Robin, that type of thing, but now I want to let him do his thing because it's the same old same old."

Fury v Wilder 3 will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on July 24, with a massive heavyweight undercard slated for the big event.

The Brit was initially supposed to face Anthony Joshua on August 14 in Saudi Arabia, with both men having signed for the bout and a special arena set to be built.

But when Wilder brought forth an arbitration case, Fury was ordered to complete a trilogy with his old rival, and Joshua is now set to fight Oleksandr Usyk in September.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...fight-24436362

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson on form

Also, the recent interview with Rahim was very good, the one with Tyson signing lots of gloves

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury confirms he will fight UFC champion Francis Ngannou in a ‘stand-up bang out’ once he has faced both Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua

Tyson Fury has confirmed he WILL face UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou once he has faced Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder.

Yet ‘The Gypsy King’ maintains it will not be a traditional MMA bout, instead offering Ngannou the chance to box him inside the Octagon whilst wearing four ounce gloves.

Fury seemed destined to face compatriot Joshua on August 14 in Saudi Arabia for the chance to become undisputed world heavyweight champion of the world.

Yet those plans were scuppered due to contractual obligations stemming from his WBC heavyweight title fights with Wilder in 2018 and 2020, resulting in a legal battle and a scheduled trilogy bout on July 24.

Fury has never been one to comply with the norm, trying his hand out at MMA multiple times and even training with the legendary Nick Diaz ahead of a proposed debut inside a cage.

Yet the 32-year-old insists he will face UFC superstar Ngannou, but only on his terms.

“Nick looks good,” Fury told TMZ Sports. “Nick is training hard and he is making his comeback.

“He did tell me that Ngannou can’t do any wrestling anyway, so we are just looking for a stand-up bang out.

“Me and Ngannou in the small gloves, let’s make it happen.

He added: “As soon as I am done with Wilder and Joshua, I will fight Ngannou in an octagon, in the four ounce gloves and just punching.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...nthony-joshua/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

covaids strikes again
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3 is postponed after outbreak of coronavirus in Brit's camp

The long-awaited and highly-anticipated third bout between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder that was set for July 24 is now due to be postponed due to a coronavirus outbreak in the Brit's camp.

Sources close to the fight have told BBC Sport that the fight is now 'likely to happen in October,' meaning we now have three months to wait until the score is finally settled between the pair.

Shelly Finkel, Wilder’s manager, has said: “Deontay is disappointed. The fight has to be rescheduled.”

The news broke late last night, but there was still massive speculation surrounding the news. However, with Finkel's comments added to the reports, it seems like it's sadly true and the fight is sadly being pushed back.

The final fight of the trilogy is what both boxers have been training for over the past year, with neither facing an opponent since Fury’s win 14 months ago in February 2020 - making the Gypsy King the WBC heavyweight champion in the process.

Promoters of the fight Top Rank have also stated: "We continue to monitor the health status of Tyson and his team and the status of the event has not changed to date."

This is now the second fight blow Fury has had this year. He was also keen to see a deal agreed with fellow Brit Anthony Joshua for a unification fight to have happened over the course of the year, before announcing that he was contractually obliged to see out the trilogy with Wilder.

Fury remains unbeaten in his boxing career, with an impressive 31 wins to Wilder’s 42. ‘The Gypsy King’ undoubtedly dominated the last bout between the pair, wearing out Wilder and winning in the seventh round by TKO.

However, the first encounter between the fighters ended in a controversial draw, leaving it all left to fight for when they enter the ring again.

‘The Bronze Bomber’ will be adamant to make the fight nothing less than a victory, having felt hard done by with the weight of his ring-walk gear before the rematch last year, and the loss being the first in his professional career.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im not really arsed about this fight now

shame
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm in agreement. Really could not give a fuck now.

I have a feeling Joshua Fury may never come off now and part of me will be angry we never got to see it and the other will be like - serves you all fucking right tough shit for not getting it sorted.

Boxing loses
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​Joshua/Fury = Lewis/Bowe?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury just gave Wilder another excuse should Deontay lose. Fight postponement.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearn says Whyte is ready to replace Fury to face Wilder.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury rejected second vaccine before catching Covid to force fight delay

Tyson Fury rejected his second coronavirus vaccine dose as he feared the side effects would make him too ill to fight Deontay Wilder.

But the WBC world heavyweight champion will have the second shot now, after catching COVID-19 last week.

Fury's positive test means his trilogy fight with Wilder had to be postponed from its scheduled date of Saturday 24 July.

The Brit's US promoter, Bob Arum, hopes the bout will be rearranged for 9 October with the venue, Las Vegas' T-Mobile Arena, unchanged.

Arum also confirmed Fury turned down his second vaccine dose because he did not want to risk falling ill just weeks before his third meeting with the Bronze Bomber.

"He’s fine with it," Arum told BoxingScene.com of Fury having his second shot. "He got vaccinated in Miami. He got the first shot.

"And then he said he didn’t wanna get the second shot because he didn’t wanna get sick [from the vaccination] so close to the fight. So, he got COVID instead."

Arum claimed Fury was fully-vaccinated during a press conference in mid-June, but he admits he was mistaken due to a mix-up over the vaccine the Gypsy King received.

The Top Rank boss added: "I knew he had one shot, and I was hoping it was Johnson & Johnson. But it wasn’t. It was Moderna."

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is deemed fully effective after one shot, whereas Moderna, Pfizer and AstraZeneca require a second dose.

Nonetheless, Arum doubts whether a second jab would have prevented Fury catching coronavirus, as fully-vaccinated people can still contract the disease.

While vaccines reduce the spread somewhat, their main purpose is to prevent people with coronavirus falling seriously ill or requiring hospitalisation, which they are very effective in doing.

"I don’t know if the second shot would’ve meant anything because you still can get COVID after getting the second shot," said Arum.

"I don’t know if it would’ve made a difference, really. He still wouldn’t have been able to train with it."

The Hall of Fame promoter also provided an encouraging update on Fury's condition, saying he "seems much better".

"His spirits were OK," said Arum. "He had congestion in his chest [last Thursday]. But as of [Monday] morning, he seems much better."

Fury was not the only member of his camp to test positive for coronavirus, with up to 10 members of his training posse catching Covid-19.

The 32-year-old is expected to return to the UK for a few weeks before returning to Las Vegas to resume training for his heavyweight-title clash with American rival Wilder.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Hearn says Whyte is ready to replace Fury to face Wilder.
    I hope it happens.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Poor ticket sales blamed for Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3 postponement

Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn has ripped into 'low pay-per-view and ticketing figures,' after the trilogy fight between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder was halted due to a Covid-19 outbreak

Anthony Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn has labelled 'poor ticket sales' and 'low pay-per-view numbers' as reasons behind the cancellation of Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder's latest fight.

The bout was originally scheduled for July 24 but has now been put back to October 9.

The Matchroom Boxing promoter claimed that the ticketing situation was dire ahead of the fight, with only '25% to 30% of tickets sold' for the clash at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

And with his vocal opposition to the fight joining several others after talks for an undisputed fight with Anthony Joshua broke down, Hearn has labelled the fight as 'disastrous'.

“There was no broadcaster in the UK announced. You know he has a contract with BT? They never announced the fight. They sold no tickets," he told the DAZN Boxing Show.

“Basically, you could go online and check. I don’t know whether it was 25% or 30% of the tickets have been sold, but that’s disastrous. There was no hype. This was going to do very, very poor pay-per-view numbers.

"The whole thing stank, it is so disjointed everywhere, you have about eight people working on the fight who don't like each other.

"It's very strange for them to say it's now happening in October, especially if Bob Arum is saying Fury was vaccinated."

Tyson Fury defeated Deontay Wilder comfortably last time out, with an explosive stoppage victory over the American and it was then ruled in the contract to complete the trilogy with 'The Bronze Bomber' derailing any hopes of a mega-fight between Fury and British rival Anthony Joshua.

But after Fury tested positive for coronavirus they were left with no option but to put the fight back.

Reports have since also emerged that Fury rejected his second coronavirus vaccine, to try and prevent the side effects from causing any issues in the preparations for his ring return.

But the lineal heavyweight champion has since been spotted posing for pictures with fans in Las Vegas, amid doubts being raised over the financial security of the fight.

Despite the collapse, his chances of facing Anthony Joshua in the near future are slim, with the Briton set to face Oleksandr Usyk at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on September 25.

Usyk has made the switch up to heavyweight in the past year, and it will be his second fight challenging for the unified heavyweight crown at the higher weight since defeating Dereck Chisora back in October 2020.

It has been reported in the past that Fury's next three fights will aim to be getting beyond the Wilder trilogy, facing Anthony Joshua and then finalising the shortlist with an MMA crossover event with Francis Ngannou.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...tyson-24544309

Thread Information