Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury v Deontay Wilder 3

why no thread? card looks like it could be good
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: tyson v deontay three

Just making sure it is going to happen. A lot of big fights not going ahead recently.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

whos on the card?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder will reportedly meet face-to-face for the first time since their rematch at a press conference next Tuesday, June 15.

The heavyweights are going to be together to officially announce their July 24 trilogy contest.

They have not been in each others’ presence since the night of their second bout – February 20, 2020.

In that contest, Fury floored Wilder twice and forced his corner to throw in the towel.

The Brit took the American’s WBC title, embraced him in the ring afterwards and left the arena.

However, things have taken a far darker turn since.

Wilder activated his contractual clause to force an immediate third fight, but the pandemic interrupted those plans.

When it got to the end of 2020, Fury’s camp announced that they believed the contract had now expired and so they were moving on to target an undisputed showdown Anthony Joshua instead.

Wilder activated the dispute resolution provision within their contract, taking the matter to arbitration where a retired judge presided over the issue.

He also came out and accused Fury of cheating in their rematch.

Just as AJ vs Fury was fully agreed for August 14 in Saudi Arabia, the arbitrator ruled that Fury owed Wilder a third fight.

Now, according to BoxingScene, they will come face-to-face again next Tuesday.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/8...ss-conference/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder undercard revealed with three HUGE heavyweight fights set to take place

TYSON FURY and Deontay Wilder's trilogy fight will have a host of heavyweight action providing chief support.

Fury faces the American for a third time, set for July 24 in Las Vegas, after Wilder won his case in arbitration.

The event, cross-promoted by Top Rank and Premier Boxing Champions, will see a host of heavy-hitters featuring on the undercard.

According to The Athletic, that includes the battle of unbeatens between Cuba’s Frank Sanchez meeting Nigeria’s Efe Ajagba.

Sanchez, a training partner of Canelo Alvarez who is promoted by Top Rank, will put his 18-0 record against PBC's Ajagba, who stands 15-0.

Robert Helenius will also rematch Adam Kownacki on the bill, BoxingScene report.

Polish prospect Kownacki, 32, was defeated for the first time and stunned by veteran Helenius, 37, in March 2020.

It is also claimed rising American star Jared Anderson will return, with an opponent yet to be confirmed.

Anderson, 21, is 9-0 and was credited as a huge part in Fury's win against Wilder last year.

He provided the Gypsy King with expert sparring Stateside, winning the praise of the WBC champion.

Fury's half-brother Tommy, 22, is also a rumoured target for the pay-per-view bill, which would provide him with an American debut.

The light-heavyweight, who starred on reality TV series Love Island in 2019, recently went 6-0 with a points win over Jordan Grant.

And afterwards, he called out Wilder's brother Marsellos, a cruiserweight with a record of 5-2.

Tommy told iFL TV: “It’s a great match-up, makes sense, let’s get it on.

“I’ve got heart to burn, a pair of balls to burn, and I know he hasn’t at the end of the day.

“They’re quick to shout calling everyone out, everyone’s calling me out, who doesn’t wanna fight me?

“So it’s all about moving in the right direction. But him? He’s a slap of the back hand, he’s no good anyway.

“Whatever fight my dad picks next is the way we’ll be going."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15220...der-undercard/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bit like warming up pizza in the microwave as far as anticipation I guess. Rewatched 1 and 2 the other night and just feel if Fury is anywhere close to his form last time out he will bully him again. Then again time away is not really a friend of Fury. Where’s Wilders head too? Probably come in heavier. Well at least don’t go overboard in arts & craft class with the silly heavy costumes . I still think his vaunted end all power is overstated. Jared Anderson has the feel of a real deal and great exposure for him though time for a big test. Someone top 10ish even. Could very well end up a real decent card.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

EYE TO EYE Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder come face-to-face TONIGHT in explosive trilogy build-up after heated words and bad blood

DEONTAY WILDER will begin his quest to recapture the WBC world title when he goes face-to-face with Tyson Fury TONIGHT.

The heavyweight stars are set to fight for a third time on July 24 in Las Vegas.

Up to this point, the build-up has been dominated by the Gypsy King's failed attempt at fighting Anthony Joshua and the court drama that rubber-stamped this third showdown.

But the bad blood between the fighters and Wilder's shot at salvation will take centre stage at a 9pm face-to-face on Tuesday night.

After a stunning draw in December 2018, 32-year-old Fury dominated last year's rematch.

The one-sided contest was followed by continued sniping over the airwaves as the Brit took aim at Wilder's long list of 'excuses'.

Those included being exhausted by a heavy suit he wore for his ring walk and being 'betrayed' by his trainer.

However Wilder, 35, has since claimed that Fury cheated with the boxing world 'turning a blind eye'.

The Gypsy King has strongly denied the 'hurtful' accusations, which could rear their head again tonight.

The victory seemingly set Fury on a collision course with Joshua.

Yet a contractually-obliged trilogy clause has, after much wrangling, been activated.

Neither man has fought since their February 2020 clash, meaning a 17-month absence from the ring when the fight takes place.

But that will do very little to ease the tension that will be present when the fight is officially announced in Vegas.

Wilder's co-manager, Shelly Finkel, has already warned Fury that the American will be 'dangerous' in his pursuit of revenge.

He told Sky Sports: "The most dangerous person to be around is the one who has nothing to lose.

"He is definitely capable. Again, no excuses, he wasn't the Deontay we know in that second fight and we'll be looking to surprise the world.

"We're not really that surprised if it happens, but everyone else will and I honestly believe Deontay is going to stop him this time."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxin...trilogy-fight/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury v Deontay Wilder 3

Big fury fan but at the don't give a fuck stage.

Come fight night ill be interested and want the big man to do it if course but I just have such a bad feeling about this one which shouldn't be happening.

Boxing has let us down
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont really care either

the card looks good but id have to stay up for it and its not quite that good
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury v Wilder III: Was this their weirdest press conference yet?

If you have ever watched a Tyson Fury press conference, you will know they don't often follow the "Q&A" format.

So when WBC world heavyweight champion Fury, 32, and American challenger Deontay Wilder, 35, faced each other in Los Angeles on Tuesday, something was bound to happen.

The pair were appearing to preview their third fight, which takes place on Saturday, 24 July in Las Vegas.
    Sadly, there was no Batman costume this time.

In fact, there was almost no clothing at all as Fury walked on stage topless, in just a pair of white jeans (with his own face on - of course) and a backwards baseball cap.

But that wasn't even the most bizarre moment of the press event.

Here are a few contenders for that title.

Wilder, who was defeated when the pair met for the second time in 2020, only stepped up to the microphone to say he wasn't going to say anything.

After thanking Jesus, his training team and his lawyers, he said: "Look, enough said. Time to cut off his head. And come July 24, there will be blood shed."

And that was it. Wilder put his headphones on and didn't say another word, with his trainer Malik Scott speaking for him throughout the press conference.

Asked about his opponent's behaviour, Fury said it "showed how weak a mental person he is" and that the previous loss has had "an emotional and physical effect on his life".

Hat's off to Crystina Poncher, the ESPN commentator, who had the tough job of hosting the event. She continued to press Scott for responses, barely blinking at the fact one of the fighters was point-blank ignoring her questioning.

As Wilder wasn't going to hit back at Fury's constant stream of put-downs, Scott could only respond and defend his athlete.

But Fury decided to make it personal, reminding him of an occasion when the pair sparred.

"You can't expect him to do something you couldn't do," he said to Scott - a former heavyweight fighter who lost to Britain's Derek Chisora for the vacant WBO International heavyweight title in 2013.

Scott hit back by saying: "You are a 260lb man that can fight - you burst my eardrum the first time we sparred - that's not something to brag about, that's what you do!"

Fury, perhaps a little frustrated by this, further questioned Scott's expertise, saying: "You can't teach him to be some great fighter when you [weren't]."

The back and forth continued a little longer, with eardrums mentioned once or twice more by both men, before Fury, in typical Fury-style, rounded off the debate.

Speaking to the assembled media, he laughed: "While we are on the subject of eardrums, don't you find it funny that I have busted the eardrums of both trainer and fighter?"

Fury went on to mention that he was aiming to reach the "300lb mark" by the fight, saying he was looking for "a big knockout straight away".

The press conference ended with both men in the classic "face off photo op" position, with Fury once again removing his jacket especially for it.

But both fighters' determination to win the staring contest appeared to become a little tedious for the expectant media.

After around two minutes of the pair staring menacingly into one another's eyes, and with Fury's taunts having to become even more creative, ("The bogey man is here to get you again"), one or two members of the press requested they face the cameras for a final snap.

But the request was ignored by both fighters for a further four minutes until Wilder eventually replaced his sunglasses and walked off stage right.

Thus concluded one of the most bizarre press conferences the boxing world has ever seen.
    Fury summed it up.

"Thank you for turning out for this one sided press conference," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/57492021

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should be fun.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Well at least don’t go overboard in arts & craft class with the silly heavy costumes ..
    WTF kind of arts & craft class did he take: the beauty of voodoo?

After that farce, he should come in light as in Mike Tyson apparel- trunks, shoes, not even socks.

I'm interersted in the Kownacki fight. To me he is a bigger slower version of Joe Mesi. Had Arreola fought him in his prime, I think he would've stopped him. Adamn got hit WAYYY too many times to think he has a decent defence.

Personally I would love to see Kownacki vs Chisora. That would be a barnburner punchfest bonanza. Nevertheless seems like a decent if not good card .
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder reveals the reason why he chose not to answer any questions at Tyson Fury trilogy press conference

The former heavyweight champion wore headphones to drown out any questions asked to him at the sole press conference to promote their trilogy fight

Deontay Wilder has explained why he didn't want to speak too much at his press conference with Tyson Fury last night in Los Angeles.

The former heavyweight champion wore headphones to drown out any questions at the media event, which is the only promotional showcase for the trilogy fight between the heavyweight duo.

Fury was in typical Gypsy King form, throwing out some great lines, whipping off his shirt and going back-and-forth with Wilder's coach Malik Scott.

But his opponent, who is now a challenger for the heavyweight title for the first time in over half a decade, opted to stay quiet, until a more than six-minute long staredown between the pair.

And speaking in a new interview just minutes after the presser, Wilder claimed that the time for talking is over ahead of their July 24 fight at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

"I just mean business," Wilder told YouTube channel ESNews. "I didn't come here to play around or lollygag, I'm strictly business when it comes to this fight and I'm solely stuck on that.

"I'm going to let their champion, meaning the people that support him who aren't even his fans they're just Deontay Wilder haters, be the circus and promote it.

"I want to see if he can hold up his end of the bargain, and I don't think he can - he looks for me to entertain and then he wants to be my co-captain.

"He's my partner in crime, I'm Batman, he's Robin, that type of thing, but now I want to let him do his thing because it's the same old same old.

Due to the music playing in his headphones, Wilder was able to block out whatever Fury or other people involved in the press conference were saying.

And he has reiterated that he didn't have any interest in hearing from Fury, who he has claimed that he hates in previous interviews.

"I couldn't hear nothing," Wilder continued. "I didn't want to hear nothing, there ain't nothing for me to hear, I already have what I'm going to do stuck in my head.

"I'm looking forward to it and that's why I want to get a private jet back to the house because there's nothing but 'train, train, train' on my mind, that's it.

"We've been working hard, there's a lot of attributes that I've already had in the bag but it's just, you know, that when you go so long defending and knocking guys out, you do get comfortable.

"It gets to the point where motherf***ers have to cheat you just to beat you and now I'm at the point where I'm saying 'oh you want to play dirty?'

"I'm the only fighter I know that is lifting up these heavyweights, putting money in their pocket, getting them opportunities, breaking bread with them so they can support and feed their family and I don't run away from the tough fights.

"Then they have the audacity to talk about me wanting to get money from lower quality of opposition, saying I see people as high risk low reward."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...nswer-24331290

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the year and a half between their last fight and this fight is going to be worse for Wilder than Fury. I think this fight will be just like the second one. I can't see why Wilder wants this when he could have taken his biggest ever payday to watch Fury and Joshua beating each other up and then fought the winner for a bigger payday than he's going to get for this fight.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I think the year and a half between their last fight and this fight is going to be worse for Wilder than Fury. I think this fight will be just like the second one. I can't see why Wilder wants this when he could have taken his biggest ever payday to watch Fury and Joshua beating each other up and then fought the winner for a bigger payday than he's going to get for this fight.
    Yeah he did pass up a lot of money - but then again I wonder if he feels AJ can beat Fury. Doesnt want to fight Fury after a loss?

+ A big chance for a guy with an ego like Wilder that he thinks he can redeem himself from such a lopsided loss.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information