Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury v Deontay Wilder 3

Heavyweight contender Michael Hunter has claimed Tyson Fury 'wasn't training too well' ahead of his rescheduled bout with Deontay Wilder.

The 'Gypsy King' was forced to withdraw from his clash with Wilder, which was initially scheduled for last month, after a number of Covid-19 positive tests were recorded in his camp ahead of the bout.

But Hunter has cast doubt on his reason for withdrawing labelling the reports of fury testing positive for coronavirus 'fishy'.

“We do know that he wasn’t doing too well in the gym, but not enough to call the fight off," Hunter told Fight Hype.

“To me, it was kind of funny because, on the first day, they said, ‘Somebody on this team got Covid’.

"And them the next thing we heard was Tyson got Covid. So I thought that was a little fishy."

Fury himself tested positive for the virus as the outbreak took hold of his training camp, but he was spotted taking pictures and greeting fans around Las Vegas in the days after the postponement of the contest.

The bout has now been rescheduled to take place on October 9 in Las Vegas, with British rival Anthony Joshua's clash with Oleksandr Usyk just two weeks prior to the lineal heavyweight champion's ring return.

But Hunter has backed Fury to defeat Wilder for the second time in their trilogy.

“I’m leaning more towards Fury," Hunter continued.

"He got a draw in the first fight, which he just got off the couch in his first fight back. Then he won the second fight."

Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn was another name in the boxing world to raise suspicion around the postponement of the contest citing 'poor ticket sales', which was later rubbished by Queensberry Promotions promoter Frank Warren who wanted to put an end to 'conspiracy theories'.

His domestic heavyweight rival Joshua, has vowed to 'drop his belts' if required to do so in order to force a fight between the pair after their respective fights in the coming fights.

Fury's promoter Bob Arum is confident that 'an easy deal' can be done when the time comes, and believes the heavyweight champion pair owe the undisputed fight to be held in the UK for the 'fans'.

"Joshua is fighting in September, we are fighting in October. Obviously [Joshua vs Fury] will take place next year," Arum told Sky Sports.

"My position is: if Fury and Joshua win, screw any mandatories! Fury vs Joshua is the fight that people want to see. Period. End of story.

"Both fighters owe the UK fans this tremendous event at Wembley or Cardiff, rather than taking it to a foreign country. That is an easy fight to make. It is not a hard fight to make."

Fury has recently received a phone call from Donald Trump ahead of his trilogy bout with Wilder, with the WBC champion also receiving praise from UFC star Khabib Nurmagomedov who labelled him as 'the best fighter in the world'.

Wilder's trainer Malik Scott has backed his man to take victory in the October contest, suggesting that from the footage he has seen the Briton is 'struggling in sparring' ahead of their rematch.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just from reading some of the more recent posts, it appears some of the holes are getting bigger in Fury's façade.

Lots of head games... infuriating periods of inactivity... fighting blokes from the bottom of the heavyweight barrel... and now convenient excuses to postpone a bout because (and I have no problem believing this) preparations weren't going as well as expected.

Was never a fan from the get-go... and his victory over Wlad years ago still stands in my mind as absolutely the worst and most nauseating heavyweight title bout in history. By contrast, Joshua's victory over Wlad was a classic, worthy of the title "Heavyweight Championship Fight."

Fury's a snake-oil salesman, and may very well retire (who the hell knows what this guy's going to do from one moment to the next) while undefeated, and move on to the circus circuit.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Just from reading some of the more recent posts, it appears some of the holes are getting bigger in Fury's façade.

Lots of head games... infuriating periods of inactivity... fighting blokes from the bottom of the heavyweight barrel... and now convenient excuses to postpone a bout because (and I have no problem believing this) preparations weren't going as well as expected.

Was never a fan from the get-go... and his victory over Wlad years ago still stands in my mind as absolutely the worst and most nauseating heavyweight title bout in history. By contrast, Joshua's victory over Wlad was a classic, worthy of the title "Heavyweight Championship Fight."

Fury's a snake-oil salesman, and may very well retire (who the hell knows what this guy's going to do from one moment to the next) while undefeated, and move on to the circus circuit.
    Who knows with Fury? As you say mind games. Most of the mind games are however with the promoters and mediascum merchants. You cannot avoid the fact that Fury took on and beat (twice) the most over hyped US heavyweight ever, when nobody else would. The promoters have 'negotiated' a third bout, if the ref and judges are fair then fury wins all day, but who knows? This 3rd bout should never be taking place, its only brought about by corrupt alphabet organisations and the promoters who fund them. The position Fury is in now, he could just as easy say bugger Wilder just pay me the most money to fight Joshua, whereupon Eddie Hearn would be shitting himself, and would make sure the fight never got sanctioned until Fury was 65 years old. That is where the real money deals are being considered, between 'rival' promoters and alphabet merchants, and people wonder why the kids are watching MMA shit as an alternative? Sorry to sit on the fence........

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder is going to go back to school. He has no jab and no left hook. Also the worst foot moment I ever seen and can not counter punch. Wilder is a guy that's in love with his power. He has a new trainer. I don't know if they can teach him anything new.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post

Who knows with Fury? As you say mind games. Most of the mind games are however with the promoters and mediascum merchants. You cannot avoid the fact that Fury took on and beat (twice) the most over hyped US heavyweight ever, when nobody else would. The promoters have 'negotiated' a third bout, if the ref and judges are fair then fury wins all day, but who knows? This 3rd bout should never be taking place, its only brought about by corrupt alphabet organisations and the promoters who fund them. The position Fury is in now, he could just as easy say bugger Wilder just pay me the most money to fight Joshua, whereupon Eddie Hearn would be shitting himself, and would make sure the fight never got sanctioned until Fury was 65 years old. That is where the real money deals are being considered, between 'rival' promoters and alphabet merchants, and people wonder why the kids are watching MMA shit as an alternative? Sorry to sit on the fence........

You touched upon the only thing I like about Fury. He was the one who stepped in and grabbed the hot potato being tossed back and forth between Wilder and Joshua in what was a nauseating game of "Oh yeah??" at the expense of boxing fans who were getting sick and tired of all the drama and shenanigans. Joshua lost a golden opportunity to be the first one to beat Wilder... when Fury just stepped in and announced "Enough of this shit, I'll fight you, Wilder."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You touched upon the only thing I like about Fury. He was the one who stepped in and grabbed the hot potato being tossed back and forth between Wilder and Joshua in what was a nauseating game of "Oh yeah??" at the expense of boxing fans who were getting sick and tired of all the drama and shenanigans. Joshua lost a golden opportunity to be the first one to beat Wilder... when Fury just stepped in and announced "Enough of this shit, I'll fight you, Wilder."
    Agreed, AJ missed a golden opportunity to become undisputed and it would have been an incredible event. I am certain AJ would have knocked out Wilder cold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why no thread? card looks like it could be good

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Agreed, AJ missed a golden opportunity to become undisputed and it would have been an incredible event. I am certain AJ would have knocked out Wilder cold.
    I am equally certain that at least 5 out of the top ten contenders would have knocked Wilder out FFS he can't box!!!! Classic case of hype over substance, where was Roy Jones? Would have given him a boxing lesson then put him to sleep.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder claims Tyson Fury should "burn in hell" over Covid "lie"

Wilder, who has made a number of outlandish claims about Fury in the past, has said that he believes Fury faked his coronavirus diagnosis to push their fight back

Deontay Wilder has doubled down his belief that Tyson Fury faked his coronavirus diagnosis to earn himself more time to train for their trilogy fight.

The former world heavyweight champion insisted on a third bout between the pair despite being thoroughly beaten in their rematch last year.

They were set to square off in July 2020, but the coronavirus pandemic put a stop to all major boxing, before their later dates were cancelled and Fury ended up moving on to plan a unification bout with Anthony Joshua.

But Wilder wouldn't consider taking another fight, and took his case to arbitration, ultimately having a third bout ordered.

And when Fury contracted coronavirus just weeks out from the July 24 date at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, the event was moved to October 9.

“I’m just tired of the lies," Wilder said in an interview with 78SPORTSTV. "That’s all it is, lies.

“That’s what I believe - and a lot of other people do too – the whole world believes it’s nothing but lies and it really sickens me to hear that because so many people have died of COVID.

“People I know have had family members to die of it, to hear others using this as an excuse to get out of something is just horrible man.

“May they burn in hell for that. Especially for something like this."

Wilder was concerned to see Fury out and about in Las Vegas posing for photos with fans just days after their fight was pushed due to his positive diagnosis.

And he thinks that this is enough of a reason to believe that the outbreak was a lie, despite a number of sources confirming that Fury, and a number of his training team, tested positive for a virus.

It is the latest in a string of conspiracy theories about Fury that Wilder has perpetuated, including claims that he tampered with his gloves for their rematch.

“The dude said he had COVID, then the next minute you see him in so many different places," Wilder continued. "It’s just ridiculous.

“He’s been trying to run away from me since July of last year, he’s paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to try to avoid me.

“They came up with so many excuses to try to avoid me. They contradict themselves so many different times and it’s just ridiculous at this point. You need to put up or shut up.”

Fury, and a number of members of his team, have disputed the theory that the diagnosis was fake, with his coach Andy Lee telling Mirror Fighting last month that he was one of the victims.

"I recently had covid when I was in America," Lee explained. "I was with Tyson and we both got it and the fight got cancelled due to it.

"I had about three or four days of being really tired, but I didn't lose my smell or taste, I had no temperature but it's a serious, serious thing and you don't want it.

"Especially as a sportsperson, it would make you have to pull out of a fight.

"Tyson had the same kind of thing as me, and I feel fine."

And Fury has even said that his Covid-19 diagnosis that cost him the title fight was not the first time he caught the virus.

“That’s the second time I have had Covid now," Fury said. "I had it back in the first lockdown and then I got it again.

“Covid is no joke that’s for sure, I didn’t feel I was totally dying at that point but I certainly wasn’t going to get cleared to fight because I was still positive.

“This virus has killed people all over the world and it is no joke, so people can believe what they want to believe.

“It is just opinions of sheep it doesn’t matter to me, I don’t give a f*** what they believe to be honest.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...covid-24983889

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good interview.

And though I've been saying I don't really care any more, because of the messing around there's been for the Joshua fight, I can't help but like the bloke.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The lipstick on this pig is the heavyweight undercard being actually very decent. I'd pay money to see Ajagba v Anderson near future. Do have a feeling more and more that the time away will catch up to Fury. Feels like he's on borrowed time a bit.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder seems to genuinely think that Fury is not ready and seems confident that Fury will pull out. He must knows something we do not.

Wilder can be delusional.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder makes last-minute addition to his training team with legendary UFC cutman and boxing coach Don House joining his set up just weeks before his blockbuster trilogy fight against Tyson Fury

Deontay Wilder has made a late alteration to his set up ahead of Tyson Fury fight

UFC cutman and boxing coach Don House joins his corner for next month's clash

House is experienced and has worked with likes of Floyd Mayweather in the past

His new coach believes Wilder will box Fury this time and get his revenge

Deontay Wilder has made a last-minute addition to his training set up ahead of next month's heavyweight trilogy showdown with Tyson Fury.

The Bronze Bomber had already brought former heavyweight contender Malik Scott on board after axing Mark Breland - who he accused of spiking him and stopping his rematch with Fury prematurely - in the fallout to his first defeat as a professional.

And now Wilder has added another fresh face to his team, bringing in longtime UFC cutman and boxing trainer Don House as he looks to claim revenge and regain his WBC world title.

House is an experienced trainer and has worked with the likes of Floyd Mayweather and UFC star Nick Diaz in the past.

Scott will serve as Wilder's head trainer, while his co-manager and former coach Jay Deas remains part of his corner along with House.

Deas played a key role in Wilder's decision to bring House on board after noticing his hand-wrapping skills.

Explaining to 78SPORTSTV, House said: 'Jay [Deas] his manager, he came to the back room as we wrapped hands – you always send somebody from the opposite team to watch.

'Jay came over, watched me wrap Bermane's hands and said, 'Wow, you know how to do a decent wrap,' I said, 'Yeah, this is what I do, worked with the UFC for over 20 years, I've been in the game since 1972' – that's when I started wrapping hands.

'I know Wilder in his last fight he got a little blood and he wanted someone who could protect his hands. Eventually they gave me the call. I just came over to be the cutman, I didn't wanna be in anybody's way, but then Jay was like, 'If you see anything, hey, why not bring it up?'

'The team is a great team. He has a very good team. We're all here for him.'

Wilder's new coach insisted the outcome will be different when the heavy-hitting American renews his rivalry with Fury on October 9 - and claimed he will try and box and break down the Brit.

He added: 'If I say something, I pull everybody to the side,' Wilder continued. 'I respect him [Wilder] man, he's a good guy, he's hungry, he's willing to learn. It's gonna be a different fight.

'Deontay's always been focused on knocking his guys in the head, we're not gonna do that in this fight. We're gonna fight every minute of every round, we're gonna box him and we're gonna break down the body.

'It's a bigger target, and you see how big Fury's body is – it's a bigger target to hit, we're gonna put that money in the bank, then break him down and knock him out.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...y-trilogy.html

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder seem to be ready for this fight. Fury does not. I'll take to guy with the will and heart to be a champ. I'm picking Wilder in this fight.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everything Wilder does has a comedic value to it. He posts training videos of him 'going to the body'. But he looks uncoordinated and frankly hanging out of his arse after a few rounds. He posts videos of himself bench pressing 3000kg, but it looks like the kind of weights you'd chuck on as a kid for a laugh, a ten, then a five, then another ten, a five on one side, two 2.5's on the other. It's laughable.

The problem for Wilder is that he is incapable of accepting new information. Or rather retaining it. Any new skills he thinks he's learned will be forgotten by first bell or immediately after Fury smacks him in the mouth just the once. He'll then be back in a boxing match that he's ill equipped to deal with and be hoping to take Fury out with one punch. They'd be better off focusing on the one two and getting him as fit as possible to throw it as often as possible.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information