Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury v Deontay Wilder 3

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Fury did briefly mention training camp disrupted this time, and it showed. His performance wasnt as good as the second fight.

Wilder redeemed himself somewhat with refusing to go away and still being dangerous close to the end.
    I am sure Fury found it hard to motivate himself to get ready for Wilder as he has effectively beaten him twice.

Wilder was more determined in this fight and made a better effort of it in this bout than in all the others. The extra weight may have helped Wilder survive so long in the fight but he got tired quicker and once his legs were gone he could not generate the power to deter Fury.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man... these guys need to fight again.......... Just kidding.

That's what you call a great night of boxing Gentleman (oh and Ladies, I wouldn't want assume anybody's gender)

I've rarely seen more heart in the ring ever than from Wilder tonight. From round five he belonged on the cast of the walking dead. He can find solace in the fact that he never quit and reinforced the standard of heart and courage in boxing, that often is lacking in world-championship fights. Some people do need to be rescued from themselves though - but alpha male millionaires have a way of imposing their will on employees.

Wilder is a brave man who would probably fight a lion. He had his eyes open too when he fell. It was like the end of gladiator when Maximus can see and feel the fields in the afterlife.

I think his brain was switched off for a second as he is falling his arm doesnt even react to the rope being in the way it just slides down as if he doesn't know the rope is there. Hopefully hospital gives him the all clear.

He had one big round but was battered by a fat man AGAIN. That's look in the mirror time.

Wilder has made a ton of money and then some. the brain is not made to be punched repeatedly. If I were some one he might listen to....mgr, friend, trainer etc......I would strongly encourage him to retire. Don't believe he will though. It is a hard thing for any one to walk away from all the adulation , the glitz and glory etc. takes a clear thinking person with more than a degree of wisdom to do it. Hope he does.

I started off focusing more on Wilder in this post because let's face it more than enough is gonna be said and written about Fury over the next few wks and months but for a dude that looks like a bag of milk he has some absolutely insane cardio, god damn.

It cannot be overstated how impressive he is stamina wise. I honestly believe Fury was buzzed a few times but he has a BRILLIANT poker face.

It's over. Fury is the king of Tuscaloosa. The king of America. The king of GB. The end.

P.S When Anthony Joshua sees Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury

Last edited by Denilson3.0; 10-10-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was an epicwar, this trilogy is up there with the very best in boxing history.
    Would have loved to have seen Wilder offer Fury his hand after the fight instead of sulking then leaving the ring.
    Wilder was brilliant last night and showed a huge set of balls to stay on his feet.
    Fury was Fury and seems more and more half man half Terminator and impossible to beat if you try to fight/KO him.
    I know Usyk is by a mile a tiny man with zero physical advantages but I do think he's clever enough to try and outbox Fury.
    I've got more respect for Wilder than AJ after his performance last night, he's willing to have a proper go and let's his bombs go.
    I'd pick Wilder to KO AJ if they fought.
    Fury v Usyk looks very likely to happen in about 12 months for all the belts.
    The Heavyweight division is properly alive and kicking ๐ŸฅŠ

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My takeaways from the fight:

Credit where credit is due. I never liked Fury's style, ever since that sham of a heavyweight fight against Wladimir. But I gotta take my hat off to the man. First... he stepped in when Wilder and Joshua were doing their soap opera dance and decided to face Wilder instead (getting Joshua off the hook it seems). Next... he gets up from a HELLACIOUS combination in the 1st fight and goes on to finish the fight... arguably deserving the decision instead of a draw. He gave Wilder two more chances and knocked him out in both. I may not like when he faces the Wallins and Schwartzes of the world... but he's proven his mettle as a heavyweight champion.

Wilder has a lion's heart (so does Fury, BTW). He was stumbling around early in the fight but fought on. Even managed to get Fury in trouble himself in the 4th round, after being knocked down himself. He truly went out on his shield. IMO, Wilder can still KTFO most other heavyweights out there today.

The extra weight did him no good. I said as much before the fight. If anything, it took away his stamina. He was gassed from the 3rd round on. He didn't help himself by swinging for the fences early on... but the writing was on the wall. Fury's extra weight was more advantageous for him than Wilder's was for him. Although the ref was on top of it, and prevented Fury from leaning down on Wilder... just pushing Fury around was too exhausting for Wilder.

Fury takes a better punch than I thought. It's just that I remember him getting floored by some light HW named Cunningham years back... and I figured Fury had a suspect chin. Obviously the 1st Wilder fight proved me wrong... and the 3rd one did also. Fury takes a fantastic punch.

For my taste, I liked the job done by the ref last night. He was quick to separate them... and it made for a clean fight.

Finally... I think the stock of BOTH guys goes up after last night. It may seem strange to say Wilder's stock went up from a loss..... but Wilder showed he can make adjustments to his game plan. Early on he was jabbing insistently at Fury's body... and you could tell he's been trying very hard to rectify his boxing shortcomings. He wasn't the "Atomic Windmill" he used to be early on in his career. It's just that Wilder just CANNOT beat Fury. Too big... too heavy... too quick... too skilled. Wilder gave it all in there. He should be commended for that.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will go against the grain and side with Wilder on the Fury-fat-gain.

Wilder finally responded- way too late- but needed- claimed he did his best. But it was not good enough.
    He didn't complain, yet it was a horrible way to enda great fight. Refused to admit defeat. Broken hand or not.

Where I also agree is when he stated Fury did not come in at 277 to be a ballet dancer. I think Wilder knew early on- whenever they clinched-it followed leaning on him.

Stated Fury gained the weight with the intent of using it to lean on him, wear him out Wilder stated; He succeeded.
    So the weight gain may have made Fury look a bit more vulernable, but the sacrfice in looking great, ensured Wilder would be so damn tired of all that jiggly fat on his back, his neck, he was tired as hell, that is why I think he fell with his eyes open. It wasn't just the punch, it was the fatigue from feeling that weight applied.

With that said, I have no doubt-IF Fury fights again/soon he will NOT come in at 277lbs.
    I think that was the plan and it worked! He didnt undertrain, he calculated what it might do and Deontay said what Fury came out to do- he succeeded.

Tough watching Deontay flop around round after round. Where he gained my deepest respect- getting up, he lost a lot of that by refusing to concede.

If Deontay fights again that power will still be there, but I do wonder if he will ever be there mentally.
    Meaning-IMO He knew he couldn't win after Fury got up twice, so that was fighting on heart. In the fire, he may just give up or go through the motions. I think that is a huge possibilithy based on how he reacted after the fight. Like a sore ass loser.

Sloppy ass fight. Bombs away. Little technique. Both down. 5x total made us overlook how unskilled they both looked at times.
    That was because both men wanted the other OUTTA there!!! So I understand why both looked a little more flawed than usual.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.boxingscene.com/video-ti...wilder--161169

Tim Witherspoon conveys my thoughts well. The people weren't really looking for skill they were here looking for a winner. It was sloppy, but again not every boxing fan wants to see skills.
    Tyson was the more skilled, but not even skill. Deontay just sloppy. But it was a great fight, not high in skills.

I totally agree with one exception- I think Fury knew he wanted to slop it up, just like against Klitschko he stunk it up, all holding and clinching, but this one was bombs and clinch, bomb and lay on him.

Exciting. But not a very skillful fight between two HW,s IMO like Holy-Bowe or Mercer-Lewis or even Norton-Holmes, those were high octane HW champs fighting hard- with enviable skill.
    No skills were on display, but hey when youy get 5KDS! LOL! I guess it doesnt matter!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree Slim in terms of skill level it is not up there with Holyfield v Bowe or even AJ v Wlad.

However Tyson Fury jab was an effective weapon in the fight and it set up his body work, uppercuts and right hooks. Fury managed the fight beautifully and it was a joy to watch. There was not that much leaning and mauling to spoil the fight.

Fury went in for the knockout and made the fight exciting when he could have just jabbed his way to victory at the end. Whilst Fury may not be shaped like an Adonis and be the most skilled boxer of all time, the man has heart and courage that should be applauded.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to focus on, and give credit to, the ref. To me he was the key to the fight not turning into a sloppy, wrestling affair. Fury did indeed plan to use his size and weight to tire Wilder out, and in a way it did. But Mora did (IMO) an admirable job, breaking them up as soon as they fell into a clinch. He (Mora) was working nonstop throughout the fight, doing his best to separate them and force some clean boxing. No... it wasn't Ali-Frazier III. But then again very few heavyweights of the modern age have been. Fighters are bigger than ever... and size has become as much of a weapon as boxing skill.

But for all the heart Wilder showed in the fight, it's not normal for a fighter of ANY weight to look gassed after a couple of rounds. Clearly the extra weight drained him of stamina. The extra weight was a strategy his camp employed to try something new... and it just didn't work. One of the commentators even said as much, alluding to the heavy weight training Wilder apparently incorporated. He said lifting weights isn't going to give you more stamina. Wilder did try to jab to the body repeatedly, apparently enticed by Fury's blubbery midsection. But let's face it... Fury is much too savvy and skilled to let that be effective.

Me... I'm still reeling a bit from the reign of Wladimir Klitschko who... albeit a dominant HW in his own right... pretty much ruined the division for me with his style of fighting. Helped along by a parade of scared opponents who scarcely put up a fight. The one fight that brought me back from that slumber was Joshua vs Klitschko. Knockdowns on both sides isn't a matter of skill (or lack thereof) for me. It's a matter of heart and shifting momentum. It's this "changing of the tide" that I love in any sport.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just got around to watching it. Good scrap. Two big men knocking lumps off one another. Brilliant.

Gawd bless him Wilder tried to be different but it was so telegraphed Fury saw it a mile off. The early, very early body attack at least had some thought behind it but it was awkwardly executed with no real end result. His success predictably came from the right hand and even when he was beaten up a bit he proved he's still dangerous. One more clean shot. Maybe, just maybe. He never gave up. to his credit. But he had the life knocked out of him.

Fury did as Fury does and proved once again that he's the most fluent most natural big man out there by a country mile. Usyk is more technically skilled. But there's no one as natural as Fury. Completely at one with who he is and what he does. Other than a lightning bolt, he'd have Wilder's number six days a week and twice on Sunday.

Funny old game init. The land of the giants. Where power conquers all. The two best out there in Fury and Usyk do it with natural fighting acumen and well oiled well drilled boxing technique. Both completely comfortable in their own skin. Both completely comfortable with the job at hand and just go out and do it.

On the other side of the fence you've got Joshua and now Wilder trying to be something they're not. Both fighters, both hitters. Joshua can hide from it a little better. Outside of Usyk and Fury he'd probably get away with it. He has. I think both of them have to have a look in the mirror and stop the nonsense.

Wilder looked broken in there. He should never be within a hundred miles of Fury again.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what an over rated fight. rubbish
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder is done. Time to do something else. Fury is the HW champ and this is nobody out there who can beat him. No big money fights are awaiting him.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was an epic fight. Up there with any heavyweight fight I've seen.

Fury has had four title fights, all abroad and really won them all with three of them against probably the biggest puncher in heavyweight history. No British boxer has done anything comparable.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Real shame some fanboys are running with the 'he got a long count' and how Wilder was robbed. Robbed. Just delusional alternative universe thinking that. If anything I think that ref was near perfect and made to order in a fight with two massive steadfast wills and physicality. Not that we watch for the officials but more often than not we're ripping them new ones so change of pace. Sloppy not sloppy predictable or not definitely one of the most enthralling heavyweight scraps I've seen. So good on the rewatch I'm going old school doing a round at a time in slo-mo . Being bunkered down in the home for week or two helps lol. Crazy upside down sport this is at times. I've takin time to shat on both these guys and pop off since they came on the scene and grabbed headlines. Mostly Wilder and some of which stays the same..record thinness and classless in defeat mostly..but nothing but respect and appreciation for what he stood for and up against in the ropes going through that hell and throwing right into the fire. I do worry about his mental situation going forward. The furious fall and finale of knowing you've been bested thrice in rather convincing fashion and lasting effects of that punishment. Fury, just masterclass ring savvy and skill and does exactly what he says. Fans won Saturday night. Wonderful fight night.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder: American will not retire after second loss to Tyson Fury, says trainer Malik Scott

Heavyweight Deontay Wilder will not be quitting boxing after losing to Tyson Fury for a second time, says the American's lead trainer Malik Scott.

Wilder, 35, was knocked out in the 11th round by Fury in a thrilling WBC world championship fight in Las Vegas on Saturday.

"Deontay has set his family financially secure so he doesn't have to fight to make a living," Scott told iFL TV.

"But retiring is not in his plans at all and not something we've discussed."

Wilder and Fury contested a controversial draw in December 2018 before the Briton won the February 2020 rematch when Wilder's then-trainer Mark Breland threw the towel into the ring in the seventh round.

That move angered Wilder so much that he dismissed Breland and replaced him with Scott, a fighter he had defeated in 2014.

In the third Fury-Wilder bout, both men were knocked down - Fury twice in the fourth and Wilder in the third and 10th rounds before a third knockdown in the 11th saw the referee stop the fight.

Scott, 40, said there was not a moment when he considered ending the contest.

"Over the years of me knowing Deontay, he has always said throwing the towel in with a knockout artist like him wouldn't be tolerated," added Scott.

"It's something I respected. The last knockdown was the worst knockdown and the ref called it off.

"Deontay and Mark never had a relationship outside the gym, they never talked for more than five minutes on a phone call. Me and Deontay would never fall out and not speak again - our bond is too tight."

Wilder was world champion for more than five years from 2015 and has 42 wins, including 41 inside the distance, from 45 fights.

"He will be back in any form he wants to be," said Scott. "He's a big-time fighter and he doesn't belong down there with the other guys, he needs to be in high-level fights and main events.

"Deontay Wilder was great on Saturday, but Tyson Fury was even greater - it was a great night of boxing for the heavyweight division.

"You have to give Fury credit for having a good chin and getting up. Fury is a legend and one of the best in the heavyweight division in any era, and it's the same about Deontay."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/58875331

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Respect to Wilder if he wants to fight on. He still beats 95% of the heavyweights out there today. But I'd rather hear it from him instead of his manager.

Thread Information