Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Just from reading some of the more recent posts, it appears some of the holes are getting bigger in Fury's façade.

Lots of head games... infuriating periods of inactivity... fighting blokes from the bottom of the heavyweight barrel... and now convenient excuses to postpone a bout because (and I have no problem believing this) preparations weren't going as well as expected.

Was never a fan from the get-go... and his victory over Wlad years ago still stands in my mind as absolutely the worst and most nauseating heavyweight title bout in history. By contrast, Joshua's victory over Wlad was a classic, worthy of the title "Heavyweight Championship Fight."

Fury's a snake-oil salesman, and may very well retire (who the hell knows what this guy's going to do from one moment to the next) while undefeated, and move on to the circus circuit.
Who knows with Fury? As you say mind games. Most of the mind games are however with the promoters and mediascum merchants. You cannot avoid the fact that Fury took on and beat (twice) the most over hyped US heavyweight ever, when nobody else would. The promoters have 'negotiated' a third bout, if the ref and judges are fair then fury wins all day, but who knows? This 3rd bout should never be taking place, its only brought about by corrupt alphabet organisations and the promoters who fund them. The position Fury is in now, he could just as easy say bugger Wilder just pay me the most money to fight Joshua, whereupon Eddie Hearn would be shitting himself, and would make sure the fight never got sanctioned until Fury was 65 years old. That is where the real money deals are being considered, between 'rival' promoters and alphabet merchants, and people wonder why the kids are watching MMA shit as an alternative? Sorry to sit on the fence........

You touched upon the only thing I like about Fury. He was the one who stepped in and grabbed the hot potato being tossed back and forth between Wilder and Joshua in what was a nauseating game of "Oh yeah??" at the expense of boxing fans who were getting sick and tired of all the drama and shenanigans. Joshua lost a golden opportunity to be the first one to beat Wilder... when Fury just stepped in and announced "Enough of this shit, I'll fight you, Wilder."