Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury v Deontay Wilder 3

Just thinking here. Fury and Usyk both win the rematches. You then have two undefeated fighters fighting for all the marbles. Saudi want a globally significant event and it doesn't get much better than that and the money they put up for the fight will reflect that, it'll be at least what they were going to pay for Fury Joshua at the start of the year. Better global interest than two guys from the same country, one of whom managed to get knocked out by the Michelin Man.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Just thinking here. Fury and Usyk both win the rematches. You then have two undefeated fighters fighting for all the marbles. Saudi want a globally significant event and it doesn't get much better than that and the money they put up for the fight will reflect that, it'll be at least what they were going to pay for Fury Joshua at the start of the year. Better global interest than two guys from the same country, one of whom managed to get knocked out by the Michelin Man.
    i disagree my friend. Fury vs AJ doesn't get any bigger than that. Fury is so much bigger than Usyk no one would give him a chance. The big money fights are gone. If AJ wins the rematch the damage has already been done.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder will not be the only heavyweights colliding in Las Vegas next weekend.

The Brit will meet the American once again after Wilder won his arbitration case, forcing a trilogy fight.

And now the undercard has been confirmed, featuring several more heavyweight contests.

As with their last fight in February 2020, the undercard will be comprised of bouts from Fury’s reps Top Rank, bouts from Wilder’s reps PBC and cross-promotional fights between them.

The cross-promotional clash will be a meeting of undefeated prospects with Cuba’s Frank Sanchez facing Nigeria’s Efe Ajagba.

Sanchez is (18-0, 13 KOs) while Ajagba is 15-0 (12 KOs).

“I am honoured to be fighting on the Fury-Wilder III pay-per-view as the co-main event,” said Ajagba.

“I have been patiently waiting for this opportunity to showcase my skills. It is going to be a special night for ‘The One and Only’ Efe Ajagba.”

Sanchez replied: “I am excited to make my case as the top heavyweight title contender on the best PPV card of the year.

“I look forward to fighting Efe Ajagba and coming out victorious.

“Boxing fans want to see the best fight the best. People say Efe Ajagba is avoided, and that’s exactly why I chose to fight him.

“Fans can expect a great fight between two undefeated heavyweights.”

Meanwhile, Robert Helenius and Adam Kownacki will meet in a rematch and there will also be the heavyweight fights of Jared Anderson vs Vladimir Tereshkin and Viktor Vykhryst vs Mike Marshall.

Poland’s Kownacki (20-1, 15 KOs) was an undefeated PBC contender until his shock knockout loss to Finnish veteran Helenius (30-3, 19 KOs) last year.

Super-middleweight prospect Edgar Berlanga (17-0 16 KOs) won his first 16 fights by first-round knockout, though the streak ended as he went eight rounds last time out.

He is set to step up in his 18th pro bout against former Billy Joe Saunders foe Marcelo Esteban Coceres.

Other fights include double Olympic gold medallist Robeisy Ramirez facing Orlando Gonzalez Ruiz and former world champion Julian Williams returning against Vladimir Hernandez.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/8...ez-efe-ajagba/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Been a long time since I said there was a decent fight card, sounds so now.

A Wilder win means a 4th fight, that would kinda mess up things. Regardless of how well Fury was last time out- a KO means what we always knew- Wilder is garbage, until the bomb lands.

That negates the greatness Tyson wants. Greats have been dropped, but not like Fury, down hard. Johnson, Dempsey, Marciano, Ali, Holmes these HW champions were dropped and showed amazing recovery- pre Marciano they had to get up with no standing 8.

Fury would be seen as the guy who survived Wilder or bested him- if he doesn't win the trilogy, meanwhile Wilder would definately be reduced to gatekeeper- but one with a detonator in his right hand.

Crazier to consider- WIlder & Aj both win their rematches LOL! It is possible, if so, then AJ/Fury goes out the window.
    Why would AJ want fury if he lost the trilogy to Wilder? Vice Versa AJ loses 2x to Usyk there is no reason to think AJ/Fury.

Fury vs Usyk/AJ
    Wilder vs Usyk/AJ

Which is the best outcome?

I wonder what would it take to see a doubleheader:
    Wilder vs AJ
    Fury vs Usyk

As harsh as DOn King was toward his fighters---he never did us fans wrong. IMO ever!.
    If he were in this day he would find a way to make it happen as he did in the past. In spite of multiple major promoters be it Butch Lewis, Bob Arum, Murad Muhammad, Goosen Tutor...
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Wilder didn't have the bomb this fight wouldn't be happening would it. Puncher's chance is a phrase often used in boxing over the years but has there ever been a fight where it wasn't more apt ? Don't get me wrong it wouldn't surprise me if it happens on Saturday - hope it doesn't ffs but it's there at the back of my mind.

That aside then is Fury right when he says Wilder is the most dangerous opponent for him ? I say probably. Looking at the top 10 who is there really to trouble him.

Usyk is perhaps the only better boxer and tactician (slightly) but Fury is smart enough to make his size effective and ultimately a decisive factor I believe.
    Last edited by Mark TKO; 10-04-2021 at 04:49 PM.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could be the last big fight we ever see on BT Sport too, just reading that the DAZN takeover is very close to being announced.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    i disagree my friend. Fury vs AJ doesn't get any bigger than that. Fury is so much bigger than Usyk no one would give him a chance. The big money fights are gone. If AJ wins the rematch the damage has already been done.

From the Saudi/money point of view Wilder against Fury or Joshua or Usyk is significantly bigger than any combination of the last three. Saudi want an event with global significance that associates Saudi Arabia with something positive instead of people associating them with being a horrific repressive tyranny run by a bunch of backwards savages. The term they came up with for this is "sportswashing", using sport and all the noble and positive aspects it has in the minds of people and using it to uh, throw a veil over the reality in Saudi. Most sports won't touch them with a bargepole but of course this is professional boxing......

They'd especially like to sportswash themselves in America and improve their country's standing with American public opinion and having an American fighting for and winning the undisputed title in a Saudi ring would be their dream come true.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury's coach reveals he will weigh in HEAVIER than his last fight against Deontay Wilder

Tyson Fury will weigh in at least 20lbs 'heavier than last time' for his trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder, according to his trainer SugarHill Steward.

Fury, 33, will face Wilder, 35, for the third and possibly final time on October 9 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

The Gypsy King told reporters at a press conference in June that he will tip the scales at a whopping 300 lbs at the weigh-ins on Friday.

And while Steward insists that isn't the case, he did admit that Fury will be over a stone heavier for his trilogy bout against Wilder than he was in their rematch.

"It’s not going to be 300 pounds, it’s probably going to be like 290 or something but not 300 exactly," Steward told Vegas Insider.

"Heavier than last time by 20 pounds or so, why not?

"The bigger the better, the heavier the stronger.

"He’s training with that weight, he’s built up.

"It’s not like he’s just putting on fat, it’s building up muscles.

"The bigger the better, the heavier the stronger."

Fury is driven and motivated by fear, according to Steward, the nephew of legendary boxing coach Emanuel Steward, as he prepares for his trilogy fight with Wilder.

"There’s always that fear factor, you’ve got to have that," he insisted.

"That’s what keeps you sharp. You have got to have that.

"That’s not to say you believe it always or you’re afraid of anyone, but to keep you sharp it's a really important thing."

And Steward also expects to face the best version of The Bronze Bomber on Saturday night.

He continued: "I have to consider everything.

"We’re preparing for the best Deontay Wilder that he can be. Let’s just say he’s improved so much. You can’t go in there and think anything less.

"We’re preparing for him to come in at the highest peak of his abilities and that's how we’re training and preparing - for the best Deontay Wilder."

Fury, 33, stopped Wilder in the seventh round last February.

And he is confident he can repeat the same feat against the 'one-trick pony' this weekend.

Fury said: "I gave my game plan away the first time because he wasn’t good enough to do anything about it.

"And I’ll do the same thing this time because he's not good enough to do anything about it.

"Deontay Wilder is a one-trick pony. He's got one-punch power, we all know that - great.

"But what I'm going to do to Deontay Wilder this time is I'm going to run him over as if I’m an 18-wheeler and he's a human being.

"I guarantee he does not go past where he did before [the seventh round].

"Because before, I only had five or six weeks of practicing what I'm going to do to him.

"This time, I’ve had 18 months of practicing what I'm going to do to him.

"So I anticipate it's going to be like an 18-wheeler running over somebody, and that's what you're gonna see.

"I’m building my weight up, trying to get up to 300lbs for this fight.

"Because I’m looking for a big knockout straight away."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Ring picks are in. 19-1 in favour of Fury.

For reference they were also 19-2 in favour of Joshua a couple of weeks back.........

https://www.ringtv.com/628141-fight-...ntay-wilder-3/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder doesn't look or sound confident at all to me.

Could fold completely if he has a bad first round again.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Wilder doesn't look or sound confident at all to me.

Could fold completely if he has a bad first round again.

Fury tied him in knots verbally at the presser, Wilder just sat there clueless while Fury dished out abuse

Was heating up nicely then Bob Arum wouldn't allow a face to face.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whyte lined up for Fury vs Wilder winner

Dillian Whyte has been confirmed as a challenger for the winner of Tyson Fury's WBC heavyweight title fight against Deontay Wilder this weekend.

Fury defends his WBC belt in a trilogy clash with Wilder in Las Vegas, with Whyte lined up to challenge the victorious champion after the governing body confirmed a long-awaited title shot.

The WBC has stated that Fury or Wilder could target an undisputed world title fight, if they emerge with the WBC belt.

But Oleksandr Usyk's expected rematch with Anthony Joshua should mean that Whyte receives a WBC title fight, if he preserves his status as WBC interim champion.

A WBC statement read: "The WBC Board of Governors has reviewed the recent history in the Heavyweight Division.

"Considering the long inactivity in the division due to the pandemic, ongoing legal processes, and Covid-19 infections, the WBC has ruled that the winner of this fight will have 30 days to secure a contract to unify the Heavyweight Division against WBO-IBF-WBA champion Oleksandr Usyk in search of an undisputed champion in the division.

"If no unification bout is secured within that time, the winner of Fury v. Wilder 3 must then fight next against the then reigning WBC Interim Heavyweight Champion."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who's more likely to fight Whyte after a win... Fury or Wilder?

I'd say Wilder. Fury's too unstable with his actions and his career. He's liable to just retire and go into either acting or wrestling. You also never know about his emotional state. For that alone, I think a Wilder victory would be better for the division, short-term. It would keep things moving.... titles being united... etc.

Either way... I'm looking forward to Saturday night.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyones seriously overlooking Otto Wallin here, i think Wallin is well capable of beating Dillian Whyte, this division has recently been turned on its head so nothing would surprise me

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm picking Wilder by quick KO.

Thread Information