Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury v Deontay Wilder 3

I'm kind of feeling that this era is complete now in many ways. What a change to a few weeks ago. We need Joshua to ko Usyk in rematch and give us the Wembley showdown.

Won't happen
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm kind of feeling that this era is complete now in many ways. What a change to a few weeks ago. We need Joshua to ko Usyk in rematch and give us the Wembley showdown.

Won't happen
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

Won't happen
    The damage to Joshua has already been done. No one will pay fat money to see him fight. Fury stands alone as the HW champion of the world. I would not pay 5 dollars to see Usky fight.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd still like for Wilder and Joshua to meet somewhere down the line. No championships at stake, obviously. But so much anticipation went by the wayside before Fury came along, that I'd still like to see how that plays out.

Puncher vs. puncher.

I'd favor Wilder in that one.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Real shame some fanboys are running with the 'he got a long count' and how Wilder was robbed. Robbed. Just delusional alternative universe thinking that. If anything I think that ref was near perfect and made to order in a fight with two massive steadfast wills and physicality. Not that we watch for the officials but more often than not we're ripping them new ones so change of pace. Sloppy not sloppy predictable or not definitely one of the most enthralling heavyweight scraps I've seen. So good on the rewatch I'm going old school doing a round at a time in slo-mo . Being bunkered down in the home for week or two helps lol. Crazy upside down sport this is at times. I've takin time to shat on both these guys and pop off since they came on the scene and grabbed headlines. Mostly Wilder and some of which stays the same..record thinness and classless in defeat mostly..but nothing but respect and appreciation for what he stood for and up against in the ropes going through that hell and throwing right into the fire. I do worry about his mental situation going forward. The furious fall and finale of knowing you've been bested thrice in rather convincing fashion and lasting effects of that punishment. Fury, just masterclass ring savvy and skill and does exactly what he says. Fans won Saturday night. Wonderful fight night.

Wilder should retire but he won't. The people round him like Shelly Finkel are never going to advise him to retire, his corner are a bunch of yes men who won't pull him out of any situation no matter how bad because they know they'll get the boot. And Wilder was already borderline delusional taking the third fight anyway with all the excuses (apparently he brooke his right hand on Saturday night too according to his trainer) and the refusal to accept he just got his arse kicked in the second fight. Plus he has eight kids, probably more and more to come and one of them will cost millions in medical care over her lifetime. Endless kids and alimony payments, it's like Holyfield all over again. This is an unfortunate set of circumstances and he's not going to quit anytime soon.

He would have been better off letting Fury and Joshua fight and spending more time trying to improve his boxing. I don't think he would have made any significant improvements but the payday against the Joshua Fury winner would have been much bigger than a third Fury fight. He can have a break then a comeback fight and then fight the Fury-Joshua/Usyk winner. He's still the biggest name out there other than those three and earned a great deal in defeat with that performance.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'd still like for Wilder and Joshua to meet somewhere down the line. No championships at stake, obviously. But so much anticipation went by the wayside before Fury came along, that I'd still like to see how that plays out.

Puncher vs. puncher.

He's never going to be the same after Saturday night but he'll always have that right hand. He looks like his legs have gone after a few rounds but he can still knock people out with one punch and I don't think Joshua can take a punch as well as Fury. I'm sure it will happen at some point, it'll be great to watch.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Puncher vs. puncher.

He's never going to be the same after Saturday night but he'll always have that right hand. He looks like his legs have gone after a few rounds but he can still knock people out with one punch and I don't think Joshua can take a punch as well as Fury. I'm sure it will happen at some point, it'll be great to watch.
    AJ would never be able to take the punches Fury did against Wilder but if he landed half the punches Fury did against Wilder, AJ would knock out Wilder cold.

AJ v Wilder would be a shoot out that would not last 3 rounds, Hagler v Hearns of who lands first. I would favour AJ.

That was the original fight I wanted to see when both were undefeated champions for the undisputed title.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury told epic Deontay Wilder fight "wasn't a boxing match"

Tyson Fury's win over Deontay Wilder "was not a boxing match" according to rival Oleksandr Usyk's promoter.

The Brit viciously knocked out Deontay Wilder in their trilogy bout on Saturday night, with many believing that he has cemented himself as the No.1 heavyweight in the world.

But Usyk's promoter Alexander Krassyuk has said that he was completely unimpressed by the performance and thinks that his man wouldn't have a problem with Fury in a potential fight.

"Fury looked fresh though he had some extra weight on his body," Krassyuk said in an interview with The Sun.

"He performed better movements and his conditioning was much better.

"But I didn’t like the way he won because Wilder, let’s say, was ‘dead’ after the fourth round.

"It took Fury more than six rounds to finish the fight so he didn’t try to box but tried to knock him out, to severely damage him."

And Krassyuk believes that the fight was "not a boxing match", echoing the sentiments of hall of fame promoter Barry Hearn who said it was similar to a "tear-up outside a pub".

"It definitely wasn’t a boxing match," he continued. "But the thing that I noticed is, exactly what I just mentioned, it was not a boxing match but it was a fight where two warriors came into the ring fighting and were fighting to the death.

"What I can say is none of them impressed me with their boxing. Both guys had big hearts, both were focused on the victory.

"Both were down more than once."

However, he did praise the excitement of the bout, having provided analysis on Ukrainian television, where Fury was dropped twice and Wilder was put down three times before it was called off.

Krassyuk admitted that he had picked Wilder to stop Fury, but says it wasn't a well-educated opinion.

"My understanding was that Fury was going to lose on Saturday night," he explained. "I thought he will get knocked out by Wilder. It wasn’t an analytical thought.

"I’ve been in boxing for 16 years, it was just another intuition that said Fury has very high chances to lose against Wilder.

"Of course he didn’t lose. I was in the studio for the commentary. That was a spectacular performance, absolutely spectacular.

"And the fans, I’m sure, every and each fans no matter whose fan either Joshua’s or Fury’s or Wilder’s, everyone enjoyed the fight because it was a real fight."

And the Ukrainian promoter feels that with the technical abilities showed by both men, Usyk wouldn't face too many problems in a prospective bout.

"Coming back to Usyk, both guys – Wilder and Fury – in the shape they performed in the fight are a sweet dessert for Usyk because none of them performed with boxing skills," he added.

"If Usyk shows his technique, his style of technique I don’t think either Fury or Wilder can do anything serious to Usyk."

Krassyuk continued to say that he felt Wilder's performance was "really awful", partly to do with his weight, which was a career-heaviest of 238 lbs.

Fury also tipped the scales at a sky-high weight of 277 lbs, and even admitted that he wanted to get to 300 lbs.

"He looked awful, really, really awful because he couldn't make it with his body," Krassyuk continued.

"He didn't get used to that extra weight and he didn't feel good.

"In the fourth round he was already done and survived the rest of the fight till near the end."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reading the above it sounds like Fury totally fooled them. It isn't as if one day Fury forgot how to box. He knew what he was doing when he gained weight and Deontay pointed it out as well, Hell even Lennox Lewis agreed the weight gain was a strategy used effectively.

Plus the power of Wilder can easily change his rival's fightplan.

For some reason I think about the 1st round of Meldrick Taylor vs Buddy McGirt

"Meldrick is flailing away this is a brawl This goes against all the tactical preperations that both camps....
    ..all that planning just went out the window"

..about 13 minutes in....if ya just watch the 1st round, one can see 2 well schooled boxers throwing bombs from the canvas upward LOL!
    Same with Pryor vs Arguello - nothing technical about their 1st round, They turned it into a back-alley brawl. Round 2 Holy-Bowe I--i think is when they started to say to hell with skills.

Well just imagine getting dropped by Wilder or Fury--trying to clear one's head...and they are marching at you! I think Usyk will learn -if he faces Fury..he won't have a big man get hit and run to the ropes, and stick his tongue out- like that helps.

As I stated this wasn't a technical fight, but sometimes a fighter can force their rival to change the game, backup plan or improvise.
    Fury and Wilder don't like each other and that was the nail in the technical coffin. They wanted to hurt each other. This was the championship version of Foreman-Lyle!!!!
    I hope Team Usyk isn't silly enough to think Fury will walk in 347lbs looking to lean on a mobile southpaw with a sturdy chin.

This POV from ringside is the best- final KD is on his side.

All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder FINALLY congratulates Tyson Fury on epic trilogy win as Bronze Bomber breaks silence in classy message

DEONTAY WILDER has FINALLY praised Tyson Fury for his brilliant trilogy win.

Fury called the American an "idiot" and a "sore loser" when he was snubbed by his great rival following last weekend's Las Vegas thriller.

Wilder, 35, went quiet after losing through an 11th-round knockout as he began his recovery from a broken hand with question marks over where his boxing career goes next.

But the Bronze Bomber finally broke his silence with a classy message on Instagram on Thursday thanking God, his team, fans and Fury for 'memories that will last forever'.

The Gypsy King shared the post with a handshake emoji and said: "The greatest trilogy of all time."

Wilder uploaded a picture in his red gown ahead of the showdown and wrote: "Wow, what a hell of a night!

"I would like to first and foremost thank God for allowing me to give the world another part of me that’s driven with passion and determination.

"I would like to thank my team and my fans for sticking by my side through this long process.

"I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t disappointed in the outcome but after reflecting on my journey, I now see that what God wanted me to experience is far greater than what I expected to happen.

"We didn’t get the win but a wise man once said the victories are within the lessons. I’ve learned that sometimes you have to lose to win.

"Although, I wanted the win I enjoyed seeing the fans win even more.

"Hopefully, I proved that I am a true Warrior and a true King in this sport.

"Hopefully, WE proved that no matter how hard you get hit with trials and tribulations you can always pick yourself up to live and fight again for what you believe in.

"Last but not least I would like to congratulate @gypsyking101 for his victory and thank you for the great historical memories that will last forever."

Wilder had restored so much of his reputation as he floored Fury twice before succumbing late on in Saturday's instant classic, after accusing his rival of cheating his way to the February 2020 win.

But the battered and bruised American appeared to blow his chance to turn the iconic rivalry into a fantastic fighting friendship with his conduct in the ring afterwards as Fury hit out at him for not congratulating his conqueror.

But Wilder's co-manager Shelly Finkel insisted the ex-champion in fact DOES respect Fury, and would be open to accepting the peace offering now.

Finkel told SunSport: “Him and I have spoke about that and he does (respect Fury).

“I think his mind wasn’t really there, I think if Deontay saw Fury now he would give him a big embrace."

There were fears Wilder would retire from boxing after the savage battle, where he suffered numerous injuries, including the fractured hand, knuckle and finger which will be operated on next week.

But Finkel has confirmed the 42-2-1 brawler will be back next in late April or May - and is eyeing Anthony Joshua next.

Wilder has been denied a quick ring return after receiving a six-month ban by medics.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16424...ury-statement/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua finally breaks silence on Tyson Fury's KO win over Deontay Wilder

Fury knocked out Wilder for a second time in their trilogy fight to retain his heavyweight world title two weeks after Joshua lost his belts to Oleksandr Usyk

Anthony Joshua has congratulated Tyson Fury on his victory over Deontay Wilder and paid tribute to his recovery from a double-knockdown.

Fury retained his heavyweight title by stopping Wilder in the 11th round of their trilogy fight - just two weeks after Joshua had lost his own belts to Oleksandr Usyk.

Joshua's defeat put paid - for the time being at least - to an undisputed clash between the two Brits.

And the Briton has congratulated the 'Gypsy King' on his latest victory, while pointing out the importance of his trainer Sugar Hill Steward.

“Fury done really well for a man in his first title defence as a champion,” Joshua told IFL TV. “It shows just how tough it is being champion at the moment.

“But he did very well to come through the storm, but SugarHill deserves a round of applause in the corner. That helped him a lot having that trust and wisdom in his corner, a great corner set-up.

“Well done to him WBC champion of the world and two-time champion it is lovely for his wife and family particularly his old man [John Fury] who deserves it and is his biggest f****** supporter.

“So it is lovely to see him making his family proud same as I make my family proud so well done to them. And Sugar Hill Steward and Andy Lee have done a superb job with Tyson."

Joshua himself was set to meet Fury in an undisputed clash this summer but was forced to chase a defence against Usyk instead.

But Fury instead dethroned Wilder in explosive fashion recovering from an early storm to close the show with a huge right hand.

And Joshua believes Wilder has tried to "learn" from fighting Fury by comparing his own experiences with the 'Bronze Bomber's'.

"“I would of iced half the mother f****** he has in his fights,” Joshua continued. “And then you come up against one of two good fighters and it shows how difficult it is at the top level.

“And he is trying to learn now because he has realised ’s***’ Fury is a decent fighter’ and if he uses his ability to learn as fuel he could go far in the next three or four years.

“Whereas I have learned from my experiences such as taking punches, trying not to get hit. But it just shows to up and coming fighters it is good to be protected but don’t do any cherry picking with your opponents, go out and test your metal.

"If the fans can't see I would take these fights with the fighters like Wilder in a heartbeat, and I want people to know that I would fight anyone in their prime or anytime. Give me a mandatory and I will fight anyone, I love the game and will fight anyone."

Joshua will now prepare for his rematch with Usyk with his promoter Eddie Hearn targeting a date in March or April.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...ilder-25297311

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder has been having 2am phone calls with his trainer Malik Scott as he plans his return to the ring next year.

Wilder suffered a broken hand injury during a historic defeat to Tyson Fury in their trilogy battle last month.

Some within the sport thought the American could look to hang up his gloves after a second consecutive dent to his record.

But Wilder has been up at all hours discussing his ring return with trainer Scott as the coach issued a rallying call for Wilder to become two-time heavyweight champion next year.

"I planned on not talking about boxing with him, but Deontay is such a warrior, such a natural fighter, that he’s already plotting and planning the same way he did after the (second) fight against Fury,” Scott told World Boxing News.

“His whole thing is to get right back, and my whole thing is I’m telling him is not only should you rest, it’s a deserved rest.

"After the fight, I kept telling people Deontay’s gonna rest. I don’t want to talk about boxing with him, and I’m not even going to bring boxing up. But after the fight, I’d call him like 2-3 in the morning, wake him up and talk to him about new drills I have for him, new stuff we have to work on.

"I’m like, ‘Bro, I got these drills, we gonna do this when we get back. You’re gonna be two-time heavyweight champion. It just didn’t happen for us on the night, but, bro, you won a whole lot of glory'."

Wilder has undergone surgery to correct the hand damage suffered during the explosive exchanges with the defending champion Fury.

And he came so close to glory with a double-knockdown in the fourth threatening to hand Wilder sweet success in his revenge bid.

But the 36-year-old has since been linked with a whole host of names after announcing his planned return including Anthony Joshua.

Will Deontay Wilder return to the heavyweight summit and become two-time world champion? Let us know your opinion in the comments section below.

Although Wilder's trainer Scott expects a tune-up fight to be held in April or May before attempting to rekindle a shot at a world title next year.

“We should be back in camp, in my opinion, no later than March and fight in May," Scott continued. "Or we may be back in camp before March. It all depends on how he recovers, how he’s feeling, how everything’s going.

“With Deontay, obviously, the first fight back is not going to be at the level that he just left. We have to do things the right way. But at the same time, we can’t go much lower than that because he’s a high entertainment revenue fighter.

"He’s big-time boxing. We have to give him a threat because Deontay gets up for threats. Obviously, it won’t be a Fury level, but it won’t be somebody down in the bucket.

"We’re not going to get somebody with a record of 27-11. That’s not happening. It has to be a name that fans have heard of.”

Wilder will find a heavily congested heavyweight scene on his return with Fury set to face Dillian Whyte, while Joshua will look to find his own redemption against Oleksandr Usyk.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...calls-25350888

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has had surgery on both elbows after suffering a serious injury before his second win over Deontay Wilder, said the Briton's father John Fury.

Tyson, 33, gained a thrilling 11th-round win over the American to retain his WBC title in October in Las Vegas.

"Tyson was very badly injured going into that fight," John Fury told BT Sport.

"He was handicapped from the beginning. It wasn't a boxing match was it?"

Tyson was twice knocked down in the fourth round before knocking out Wilder in a brutal contest to remain undefeated and world champion.

"My son's number one, a legend and will be spoken about for hundreds of years," added his father. "He's that damn good and got that burning desire to never get beaten.

"He had to have chromosome injections into both elbows. He's since had an operation, six hours, all day in hospital having them sorted out. He had some bone spurs he had to get removed.

"He said to me afterwards 'I couldn't box, I couldn't work the jab. If I'd missed the jab it would've put me in limp mode and I wouldn't have been able to fight.

"'The pain when throwing the jab was unbearable so I was fighting two people - the pain in my own body and him. All we could do was make it a war and I wanted to win more than he did'."

Fury has won 31 and drawn one of his 32 fights - with the draw coming in his first bout with Wilder before the Briton won the second and third - and his father believes he should not fight again.

"I said retire," added John Fury. "He's won everything, nothing to prove and has millions of pounds in the bank, he's secure for life, there's more to life than getting your brains rattled.

"But he's his own man, he'll do what he's going to do but for me I said to call it [over].

"He's beaten the best man of his era three times, what more can he do?

"Tyson will spend two months at home and want the smell of sweat and leather. He'll be fighting when he is 40, he can't help himself, he's a human pitbull terrier."

Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk beat Britain's Anthony Joshua in September to win the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO belts, while another British fighter, Dillian Whyte, is the mandatory challenger to Fury's WBC strap.

But John Fury believes none of them could beat his son and added: "There'll always be someone like Usyk and then after him there'll be someone else. Usyk will do nothing with a man like Tyson.

"Joshua is a beaten thing, Dillian Whyte can fight, but is not the class of my son, no-one is. Tyson's a country mile above everyone else and he was not fit.

"He had Covid [in July], had two useless elbows, couldn't throw the jab, couldn't box properly and they still couldn't do anything with a half-fit man.

"Imagine Tyson firing on all cylinders. He could beat Whyte and Usyk on the same night with a proper camp behind him."

Joshua's loss ended hopes of an all-British unification bout to decide the first undisputed heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis in 2000.

Tyson has offered to train Joshua before his rematch with Usyk, scheduled for spring 2022.

"Tyson could make Joshua a different fighter," said John Fury.

"Joshua can punch, he's got the right physique, everything to be a great. All he needs is to get the knowledge of what's missing and learn how to go into trench warfare.

"It's mental [for Joshua] one million percent. If things don't go well they plummet and he can't get back on track.

"AJ, with the right people around him, can come back and win [against Usyk] because he's a big lad, got a good array of boxing skills, all he needs is that dog in his belly and know how to fight."

Tyson's half-brother Tommy will be taking on YouTuber-turned boxer Jake Paul in Florida on 18 December.

"He should beat Jake Paul at a canter and if he can't there's no way in boxing for him," said his father.

"It's a make-or-break fight for both but it would hit Tommy harder as he's a professional boxer.

"Has Tommy got the skill to beat him? Yes. Has he got the power to knock him out? Yes. But how can Tommy handle the occasion?

"Tyson will be in his corner and whatever desire Tommy is missing, Tyson will put it there.

"The only thing that can beat Tommy is Tommy. I'm looking for a Tommy win, an explosive finish, then we will move to the other brother Logan [Paul]."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/59226387

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury calls Anthony Joshua a mug for his analysis of Deontay Wilder trilogy fight

Tyson Fury called out Anthony Joshua on social media last night after AJ claimed Deontay Wilder had no game plan in his trilogy fight with the Gypsy King.

Fury, 33, scored a knockout win in the 11th round over the American last month, with both fighters being dropped throughout the hard-fought contest.

Joshua has weighed in with his opinion on the fight, claiming Wilder needed to be more tactical in the bout.

"He tried, but to get that power and that ferociousness, you have to have it up here [points to his head]," Joshua told JD Sports.

"Before you have it just here [clenches fists] at that level, you have to have it here [points to his head] as well.

"And before, fighters could jab like that for twelve rounds and get away with it. They'd get a bit tired, but they were conditioned because they were lighter. But now, when you've got big guys [who are] six-foot-seven, they get tired."

The Gypsy King hasn’t taken these words lightly and fired back at AJ shortly after this.

Fury ‘quote tweeted’ a link to the article last night with the caption: “Irony of this mug.”

He’s most likely referring to Joshua’s recent loss to Oleksandr Usyk back in September, where the Brit lost his WBO, WBA, IBF & IBO titles.

AJ was comprehensively outboxed over the 12 rounds and lost via unanimous decision at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

A potential fight between the two Brits has been anticipated for a while now, but has previously been derailed due to Fury’s trilogy fight series with Wilder and now due to AJ’s recent loss to the Ukrainian.

Since losing to Andy Ruiz Jr in the summer of 2019, Joshua is yet to recapture his previous form that saw him talked about as one of the top heavyweights in the scene.

He claims that he’s looking to bring back the fighter who retired Wladimir Klitschko back in 2017.

"I'm gonna bring that energy back. But I'm not gonna go into my training and all that," Joshua said.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Thread Information