Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Teofimo Lopez v George Kambosos Jr. 27/11/2021

LO BLOW Teofimo Lopez slams ‘fraud’ Devin Haney and vows to ‘take him out’ as he reveals heated sparring sessions with rival

TEOFIMO LOPEZ will make it his mission to get rid of 'fraud' Devin Haney from boxing and vowed to 'take him out'.

The lightweight pair have long rivalled each other, with their feud only escalating as they both claim to be the rightful WBC king.

Ukrainian Vasiliy Lomachenko did have the crown, until he was moved to 'Franchise' champion in October 2019, meaning he was free from mandatory defences.

American Haney was then elevated from 'interim' champion to the full belt without even fighting.

The waters were further muddied in 2020 when Lopez upset Lomachenko to win the WBA, WBO and WBC titles, adding to his IBF strap.

Having beaten the champ, many considered him the rightful WBC ruler, but the green and gold belt Haney proudly wears argues otherwise.

Lopez wants to settle the score once and for all, but reveals his desire to fight the fellow unbeaten star cuts far deeper than a title debate.

He told SunSport: "It's not really the WBC dispute, because I am undisputed, it's in the books.

"The thing is, it's more than that, I do not believe this guy belongs in the sport, he's a fraud, he's a fake. I can't respect someone like that.

"And the whole thing is just trying to take him out, he's done what he has done but this guy's been fed his whole life on a silver spoon.

"Only those that know him, know him and understand what I mean. I just want the guy out, I need him out.

"But, these guys are scared, they really are running away and I wish that people could really see that part, but they're not going to show that.

"There's so many fakes in this world too, so when they fake it, they make it, and they're all fake."

Lopez, 23, and Haney, 22, have twice shared the ring before in two separate sparring sessions in Las Vegas.

Both have argued they were the superior operator and each had the backing of their dads, who train their sons.

Lopez opened up on the heated spars, and hopes the next time they meet, the head guards and 16-ounce gloves will come off.

He said: "It was more talking from his side than any action.

"Him and his dad, they talk so much and the whole time he was just throwing jabs, talking and backing up when we had our interactions in sparring.

"But it's going to be different with eight-ounce gloves in there, and hopefully making that fight happen.

"That's the thing, it's so hard nowadays, I didn't expect it to be this hard to make fights happen.

"I thought these guys were as hungry as myself, but I guess I'm built and made from a different cloth."

Before Lopez can dream of a super-fight with Haney - who beat Jorge Linares in May - he first has to deal with mandatory challenger George Kambosos Jr.

Aussie Kambosos, 28, looks to upset the 135lb applecart on Saturday as they headline on Triller.

Lopez said: "I don't take any guy that's in front of me lightly. Why? Because you're not supposed to.

"The other reason is because I know this guy is here to take my bread and butter, that guy's there to take all the belts I worked so hard for.

"All the sacrifices and work ethic I put into this, that's all I've ever done in this sport and that's what it's all about, making sure that stays."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15284...rring-session/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Teofimo Lopez v George Kambosos Jr. 19/6/2021

Lopez v Kambosos: Fight postponed after American tests positive for Covid-19

World lightweight champion Teofimo Lopez has withdrawn from the first defence of his titles against George Kambosos after contracting Covid-19.

Lopez, 23, won three of the four lightweight titles from Vasyl Lomachenko in October.

The American was due to risk the IBF, WBA and WBO belts against Australia's Kambosos on Saturday but their bout has now been rescheduled for 14 August.

"Pure irresponsibility on your whole side," Kambosos said of his rival.

"Your actions and decisions have affected not only our fight but everyone involved in this fight," added the 27-year-old, who has 19 wins from 19 fights.

"I've been away from my kids for 13 weeks. I flew my pregnant wife over to be by my side. I put every bit of my life into this camp with my team.

"Our time will come and I promise you and the world that I'm going to take you out worse than ever for everything."

Lopez, who became the sport's breakout star by landing his eye-catching win over Lomachenko, posted on Twitter: "I am devastated to disappoint so many people.

"I know the sacrifices we have all made to get here. I believe I am doing the right thing. I don't want to infect anybody. Sport has power. I choose to use my power to be a good example."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/57494356

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This has to kick Triller in the family jewels. Only thing worse than a perceived pointless mismatch is a postponed mismatch . They had Holyfield offer to "fight" Kevin McBride in an exhibition to fill the spot . Lopez was all over ringside at the Shakur Stevenson slumber party the week prior also. Well at lest now they don't have to compete with 3 more live fight cards on the same night...

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure what he meant by that. He thought he intentionally went out and caught it?
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

Not sure what he meant by that. He thought he intentionally went out and caught it?
    Probably wanted him to have been more careful.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Teofimo Lopez defends his WBA, WBO and IBF lightweight titles against George Kambosos Jr. on Saturday night.

After numerous bumps in the road, Teofimo Lopez is finally set to make the first defence of his WBA, WBO and IBF lightweight titles against mandatory challenger George Kambosos Jr.

Lopez propelled himself into the top 10 of the world's best pound for pound fighters following his win against Vasily Lomachenko in October 2020, and is now looking to make statement on Saturday night before attempting to unify all the titles at 135lbs.

Kambosos Jr. earned his shot at the unified champion a few weeks after Lopez's career defining victory by beating former world featherweight champion Lee Selby via a split decision.

The fight takes place at Madison Square Garden's Hulu Theatre in New York.

Teofimo Lopez vs. George Kambosos Jr.; For Lopez's IBF, WBO and WBA lightweight titles
    Azinga Fuzile vs. Kenichi Ogawa; For the vacant IBF world super featherweight title
    Raymond Ford vs. Felix Caraballo; Featherweight
    Andreas Katzourakis vs. Wendy Toussaint; Middleweight
    Reshat Mati vs. Dimitri Trenel; Super lightweight
    Zhilei Zhang vs. Bernardo Marquez; Heavyweight
    Ramala Ali vs. Isela Vera; Super bantamweight
    Christina Cruz vs. Marygreen Vellinga Hinz; Flyweight

https://www.dazn.com/en-GLOBAL/news/...w10w705v0n1qzg

Thread Information