Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko v Masayoshi

They are really pushing the lomachenko Lopez rematch and the supposed shoulder injury to lomachenko, it sounds a bit excusey to me... Although I thi k a Lopez Loma rematch would be nice.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    They are really pushing the lomachenko Lopez rematch and the supposed shoulder injury to lomachenko, it sounds a bit excusey to me... Although I thi k a Lopez Loma rematch would be nice.
    It should def happen all things considered. I have more belief in Lopez at 135 than him chasing Taylor honestly.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

iced
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Right eye of Nakatani looks like he was cold cocked with a sock full of ball bearings. Lomas to close it looks
    can always count on big money Spicoli for PPV blow by blow!

Just watched the uploaded version- great work from the cutman to stop that blood flow-or is it easier to stop a cut on the hairline, then around the eye...
    LOL on the sound effect, I thought he was taking a page from Chris Bermans (woop!) only thing left to say was rumblin-bumblin-stumblin woop!

Not sure if the slip was a slip- my version didnt show it-but the crowds booed it as if it were a legit kd?

His hair line was so vaselined up- he look like a Ukranian Greaser aka Athur Fonzerelli!

Went in for the kill when he saw it- two shorters pulled it out over the long reaching foe aka Loma & Tank.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since May boxing has been pretty hot. Nice to have week after week of headliners.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma is back to his best. He boxed beautifully and gradually broke down his opponent. He started fast but got cut from a clash of head in the first round. Loma skill, speed, footwork, reflexes and combinations were great to watch. He knocked down Nakatani in the 5th round and busted up his right eye. Loma picked up the pace in the 6th and stops Nakatani in the 9th with brutal array of punches.

Magic watching Loma at work.

Last edited by Master; 06-27-2021 at 12:43 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Loma is back to his best. He boxed beautifully and gradually broke down his opponent. He started fast but got cut from a clash of head in the first round. Loma skill, speed, footwork, reflexes and combinations were great to watch. He knocked down Nakatani in the 5th round and busted up his right eye. Loma picked up the pace in the 6th and stops Nakatani in the 9th with brutal array of punches.

Magic watching Loma at work.

Curious, when wasn’t Loma at his best to be “back to his best”? We going to get some focused Judah sort of mythical Loma to explain away a loss? Losses happen, it’s not like Teo was even his first loss. Teo’s power made him nervous so he sat on his hands the first 6 rounds. What we saw was the story of what happened. Even if he comes back and beats Teo it doesn’t change what happened and it doesn’t need to. Loma has always been great, always will, win or lose. Best 15-2 fighter in the world

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vasyl Lomachenko to make ring return in December following comeback win

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum has revealed that lightweight Vasyl Lomachenko looks set to headline a card on December 11, as he continues his comeback from unified world title defeat to Teofimo Lopez

Bob Arum has confirmed that Lomachenko will return to the ring on December 11 after his recent victory over Masayoshi Nakatani.

The Ukranian lost his world titles with defeat to Teofimo Lopez in a unified world title contest by unanimous decision back in October 2020, but has since made a comeback to the ring by defeating Nakatani with a ninth round stoppage.

Bob Arum has confirmed that Lomachenko will return to the ring on December 11 after his recent victory over Masayoshi Nakatani.

The Ukranian lost his world titles with defeat to Teofimo Lopez in a unified world title contest by unanimous decision back in October 2020, but has since made a comeback to the ring by defeating Nakatani with a ninth round stoppage.

And the Ukrainian looks set to make his second outing into the ring this year in the final month December with Arum confirming the date as the most likely target despite uncertainty regarding a potential opponent.

According to Dan Rafael of World Boxing News, Arum confirmed that Vasyl Lomachenko will headline a Top Rank card on December 11, to keep in line with the tradition of staging a fight card on the day of Heisman awards which will take place on ESPN before the action begins.

The former lightweight world champion has fought in front of crowds in New York previously, fighting the likes of Guillermo Rigondeaux, Jorge Linares and Jose Pedraza around the city, so is the "likely bet" to headline the card.

Opponents such as Jovani Straffon, Richard Comney and Rolando Romero could be shortlisted for the contest, having previously been linked with the lightweight as he fights his way back to the top.

His former rival Lopez has had his fight postponed recently as a result of a positive Covid-19 test with the contest previously set to take place on Triller, and he will now also face his opponent mandatory challenger George Kambosos later in the year.

Lomachenko expressed his delight at his previous victory, and reiterated his desire to have a rematch with Lopez further down the line after his recovery from defeat.

“Everybody saw how I won this fight, and everybody is waiting for the rematch (with Lopez), so let’s make a rematch,” said Lomachenko after his previous fight.

“All the strategies that we developed with my team (worked). I reached all my goals. I won and now I’m back on track.”

American promoter Arum has also promised to reopen talks to schedule the undisputed fight between his fighter Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua for a date next year, and also expressed to the fighters that they 'owe it to the fans' for it to be staged in the UK.

"Joshua is fighting in September, we are fighting in October. Obviously [Joshua vs Fury] will take place next year.

My position is: if Fury and Joshua win, screw any mandatories!

"My hope is that the fight goes to the UK.

Both fighters owe the UK fans this tremendous event at Wembley or Cardiff, rather than taking it to a foreign country."

Fury first has to progress beyond American heavyweight rival Deontay Wilder in a trilogy bout that has been rescheduled for October after a positive Covid-19 test in Fury's camp.

The virus has also claimed another headline main event, after British welterweight Conor Benn has been forced to withdraw from his Fight Camp clash with Adrian Granados due to a positive Covid-19 test.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...eturn-24644277
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't honestly believe it will be that straight forward, Lopez may be more attracted to face anyone at 140 which renders this fight more or less pointless outside of a reputational rehab for Loma.

Thread Information