Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joe Joyce v Takam - July 24th 2021

Joe Joyce eyes eventual fight with Anthony Joshua: 'I can trouble him'

Joe Joyce has admitted that he wants to face Anthony Joshua in the ring in the future but says his current focus is knocking out Carlos Takam and becoming world champion.

Olympic silver medallist Joyce (12-0, 11 KOs), of London, England, meets veteran fighter Takam (39-5-1, 28 KOs), of Douala, Cameroon, at the SSE Arena in London, live on BT Sport on July 24, as he continues his quest for world domination.

Joyce, heavyweight boxing's quiet unassuming 'Juggernaut', was recently asked how he would go about beating a handful of heavyweights, including his fellow Briton Joshua, who holds three of the four main heavyweight world titles.

“My footwork, punch variety, punch durability," Joyce told reporters at a press conference in London. "Also I’ve got punch power as well so I can trouble him.

“Credit to Joshua though, he’s a great fighter. He’s got a good defence, has high punch output and he puts them together well.

"He’s got good uppercuts. He’s a strong guy, so it’ll be a tough fight. I look forward to the opportunity to punch him up.”

Joyce's biggest win came in his last fight, when he upset the odds to stop top prospect Daniel Dubois in the tenth round in November 2020.

And Joyce is convinced that providing he can beat Takam on July 24 and continue in the same vein, he can still go all the way to the top.

“[Takam] is coming to throw a spanner in the works but I’m not going to let that happen," said Putney-based Joyce. "It’s going to be a tough fight but I think it’s something I can overcome. It’s exciting and this is why I’m in boxing.

“I’m going to deal with Takam and then go on to win a world title and become a world champion. That’s what I’m aiming for.

“First I’ve got him in my way and I’m going to have to take care of business on July 24th.”

Asked whether he is interested in a fight against undefeated 29-year-old Tony Yoka, Joyce said: “He had his two-year ban, but he did look quite good in his last fight, he looked strong.

"I don’t think he’s quite earned his place to fight me yet.

“He needs a few more fights yet and hopefully by then I’ll be world champion and maybe I’ll give him a defence.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...rtan-ntp-feeds
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Joyce v Takam - July 24th 2021

Its a test for Joyce on whether he can do it quicker than Provetkin/AJ/Chis

I think he can, i think it will be done in 4 or 5 rounds
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Joyce backs rival Anthony Joshua to knock out Oleksandr Usyk

Joe Joyce has said he expects Anthony Joshua to 'knock out' Oleksandr Usyk when they meet on September 25 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London.

Usyk, who has 18 wins and no defeats, became the undisputed cruiserweight champion by outpointing Murat Gassiev in July 2018, comfortably outclassing the Russian over twelve rounds of boxing, before retiring Tony Bellew in November that same year.

The Ukrainian-born southpaw, who is also a long-time training partner of former unified lightweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko, is widely considered to be one of the best pound-for-pound boxers in the world.

But Joyce, who himself lost on points to the Olympic champion in March 2013, believes 'AJ' will be able to withstand anything the Ukrainian throws at him.

He told BoxingScene: “I will happily take on whoever wins, but I would love the opportunity to fight Joshua.

“I think he will want to fight Fury so we will have to see what happens there, but I am on the WBO track and looking to be made mandatory.

“I think Usyk could be a tricky fight for Joshua, but he should knock him out sooner or later you would think.

"It is heavyweight boxing, so you never know, but Usyk is no joke. He is an Olympic gold medallist, a very skilled southpaw, so he will probably pose Joshua problems with his good footwork and ringcraft.

“I do think Joshua will get to him, sooner or later.”

Read more: Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: Date, Odds, Tickets, Stats, Live Stream, Card And Everything You Need To Know

Joyce himself stated he is hoping to secure title fights with both Joshua and Usyk in the coming months.

He went on to add that he doesn't think that an aging Carlos Takam will affect those future plans.

“Yeah and that is why I chose Takam as a good move for me,” said Joyce. “It is all about getting the right fights and I think this is one to get people talking.

"It will keep me ready too for when I get my turn to fight for the world title.

“He is a respected opponent who has been in with the best, like Joshua and also Chisora, who has been mentioned to fight me but I don’t think he wants it. It is going to be a great fight.”

Asked how he envisions the contest playing out, "The Juggernaut" only sees one possible outcome.

He added: “Maybe you will see a bit of both, depending on which Takam turns up, although I think I know what kind of style he will have.

“Whatever works to get me the win is what you will see. It is going to be a tough test and a real hard fight, also good stylistically to watch, so tune in!”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/olym...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carlos Takam promises to be more difficult for Joe Joyce than Oleksandr Usyk

The French fighter is looking to put on a shock performance at SSE Arena, Wembley to stun Joe Joyce and derail his world title glory plans as replacement for Oleksandr Usyk

Carlos Takam has promised a surprise performance against Joe Joyce on Saturday night, claiming he is better suited to win the fight than Oleksandr Usyk.

The Cameroon-born heavyweight has previously been in the ring with the likes of Anthony Joshua and Derek Chisora, putting up spirited displays to survive until the late rounds with a gritty determination.

With a former world title challenge against Joshua under his belt, Takam believes he can cause real problems to 'The Juggernaut' due to his vast experience in the blue-ribbon division, and his comfort around being under-estimated.

“I am a more difficult fight for Joe than Usyk. Joe knows Usyk because they boxed before and Usyk knows Joe," Takam said.

“I am a problem because Joe has never fought someone like Carlos Takam. How am I going to fight him? It’s a surprise.

“I have experience. He has never fought anybody with my experience. That’s why I say he hasn’t fought anyone like me.”

Joyce defeated Daniel Dubois in his last fight which secured him a place as one of the leading contenders at the top weight, but was ultimately left down the pecking order with Usyk set to challenge Joshua at his second fight in the division.

And Takam believes he has the ability to steal into the list for another world title shot, but believes it could be a firefight for a stoppage especially entering the later rounds of the contest.

“He is going to try and put me down, I am going to try and put him down. Whoever puts someone down first is the winner,” he added.

“I want to hurt him like he is going to want to hurt me. We are going to punch each other and I am ready for that fight.”

Despite the challenge of Takam to come, British heavyweight Joyce appears ready to draw on his own experience from his run at the Olympic Games in 2016 and his fight with Dubois to see him get to his ultimate goal of a fight with Joshua or Tyson Fury in the future.

And similarly to his opponent, the WBO international heavyweight champion is intent on a stoppage to produce yet another statement and aid his plea to Anthony Joshua for a clash before the undisputed title clash is back on track.

He said at BoxPark Wembley : "He’s got good head movement, experience… it’s going to be a different kind of fight than Dubois, a tougher fight. He’s got a good chin and he can bang.”

“I’ve got sparring tonight, another session later this week and then it’s all eyes on July 24th. Knock Carlos Takam out and then we can start thinking about Joshua at Wembley Stadium for real!”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...fight-24569636

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Joyce named mandatory challenger for Anthony Joshua

Joe Joyce is one step closer to achieving his lifelong dream of becoming the 'undisputed heavyweight champion of the world'.

The Putney-based boxer has been made mandatory challenger for the WBO heavyweight title, which is currently held by fellow British fighter Anthony Joshua, who will defend his belts against Oleksandr Usyk at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London on September 25 .

Joyce's next fight is on July 24 when he faces Carlos Takam at the SSE Arena next to Wembley Stadium and knows he can stake his claim for a world title shot with a crushing win over the French-Cameroonian on Saturday night.

“Amazing news," he said. "It’s such a great opportunity.

"I just can’t wait to get in and beat Takam. So no mistakes, I just have to go in there and give it my all and get the job done.

"I have to deal with what's in front of me. I can’t be thinking too far ahead because that is when you end up getting caught.

"So you have to deal with what is in front of you and then you can move onto bigger and better things."

In an exclusive interview with Donald McRae for The Guardian, Joyce admitted he could have pursued a career as a professional artist before turning to boxing in his early 20s but "the aim is to become the undefeated and undisputed heavyweight champion of the world."

Sam Jones, Joyce's manager, told Sky Sports: "There is a possibility Joe and Joshua could fight in Nigeria.

"They are both of Nigerian descent so that could be huge.

"If AJ needs a dance partner in Nigeria, look no further. That fight would be something very, very special.

"Joe would relish the thought of fighting Joshua in Nigeria, but he also would fight Tyson Fury in Las Vegas or in a stadium in the UK."

Takam, 40, boasts 39 wins and a draw from 45 bouts.

"Hopefully Joshua and Fury get it on, and Joe will get the winner," said Jones.

"Joe's time will come. He wants to see Joshua vs Fury too - there needs to be an undisputed title fight. He doesn't care who wins.

"What is Joyce, in the prime of his life at 35, going to get from fighting a no-hoper?

"We want to build on the [Daniel] Dubois fight against a name that people know, and someone who will have a go.

"Joe is in a great position and we could take an easier fight but he isn't like that. Joe wouldn't be up for fighting a no-hoper.

"Takam is notorious for having a go. He's dangerous, he has operated at the world level for a long time."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

carlos will be no match for joe
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joyce will toy with him then stop him.
    The more I see of Joyce the more I'm beginning to think he's the one fighter who can give AJ and Fury big problems.
    I'd maybe fancy him to do a number on and stop Joshua.
    Takam will be stopped tonight maybe by midway.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sheeraz stops Gurria in 5 rounds.

Good performance.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Evening
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joyce a bit open there but surely wins the opening round.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joyce takes the centre of the ring in the first round and throwing his thunderous jab at Takam.

1 nil Joyce.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joyce piling on the pressure in the second round. Takam landing and having some success himself but not enough to win the rounds.

2 nil

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's up gents. No air in the States bit surprising. Figure Takam will prove a sturdy willing nail for Joyce to hammer off the jab all night long.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joyce hurts Takam at the end of the 3rd round and taking over.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Takam landing big overhand rights on Joyce to take the 4th round. Exciting fight.

3-1 JOYCE

Thread Information